ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Tournament Live Thread: Session V - Consi Semis/Finals/Placement Matches

The ref was Angel Rivera. Shocked that a 2nd stall wasn't called like he did to RBY
2 years ago.
There are a few big differences in those two matches. For one thing it's not on prime-time so Rivera wouldn't have got near the attention he did in 2021 and of course John Smith wasn't helping him ref today.

Reactions: danoftw
So 5 PA kids in finals right…
Starocci
Labriola
Sasso
Bonnaccorsi

And then the non paisan … Haines

Am I missing anyone ?

Reactions: Ja1339
Hidlay with a lead and standing out of bounds pretending to wrestle just never gets old.

Just kidding, that kid is a joke.
You're an idiot. He scored all the td's. I'd love to see you wrestle him. Lol. And yes...he's from my high school.

What's the over/under of Spencer showing up for the 125 podium tonight? Maybe they put the Mom's glasses in his empty spot.
If he doesn't that would really suck. Truly. For me who lost a helluva lot more matches than I ever won, wrestling was always a sport about picking yourself up off the mat. It would be a shame if one of the sports most iconic figures of recent memory would not show up.

Bartlett will be wrestling his high school teammate from Wyoming Seminary for 3rd.
How often does that happen? In the '60s. Lock Haven High School had 2 kids wrestle in the consolation finals of Nationals - Jerry Swope and Gerry Cook (?). One represented Lock Haven College, the other Bloomsburg, I think. That was the Lock Haven team with 4 state champs in '61 including NCAA 2nd Mike Johnson plus another kid that placed for Michigan State.

You're an idiot. He scored all the td's. I'd love to see you wrestle him. Lol. And yes...he's from my high school.
He was still standing on the out-of-bounds side of the line wrestling closer to the floor than the line.

They are wrestling for 7th right now.
Correct, I meant who would be wrestling was decided last night. The other placing bouts were decided this morning. So the people wrestling for 7/8 havent wrestled yet today, more recovery for the guys that wrestled this morning.

Reactions: nitlion6
Spending most of your match time with your feet on the out of bounds line is a joke. Refs need to start dinging that in the first period, it would be good for the sport.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Can we get some details
I thought that was one here, maybe it was the other thread...Ironside said he "wasn't aware of any injury" that would have prevented Spencer from wrestling, then he inferred that Spencer could not overcome the mental defeat to be able to wrestle while a wrestler like Daton Fix was able to. He did throw "excuses are for wusses" in there at some point. Granted, how tuned into the team is the radio guy? He's not JB, after all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT