ADVERTISEMENT

2023 US Open

I’ll just disagree. There was no Flo announcer words. There was no Spencer Lee. They filmed what they thought was going to be a match and Suriano getting his hand raised. I don’t see how they did anything that wronged Spencer.
They were to hide that and instead show a replay of his NCAA win over Suriano.

I may have missed it, but is there one place to see a list of the PSU affiliated entrants in the U20/U17 tournaments?

TIA

SKWC is Sunkist Kids, right? Doncha mean NJRTC? All the same, your point is the point.
Pretty sure the NJRTC is in Princeton. Rutgers wrestling club is called S(carlet)K(nights)WC, which is kinda dumb since it is easily confused with Sunkist Kids.

Reactions: nerfstate
Panama Jack trained more Final X competitors than TnT.

vince-mcmahon.jpg

U17
Ryder

U20
Barr
Kasak
Perry
Mirasolas
Sealey
Lilledahl
Nasdeo

Mesenbrink
Kelly
Pierce

May have missed one or two.
Is Lilledahl entered? I hope so but i didn’t see him earlier. Just checked the brackets and he is the 2 seed at 57kg. Great to see

Reactions: goldenanimal
How does Vince Cornella get the 11 seed when he was on the world team last year??

Showing my freestyle ignorance here… the winners from the US Open then go to the Final X and the winner goes to the Olympics? No other ways to qualify for the Olympics?

Showing my freestyle ignorance here… the winners from the US Open then go to the Final X and the winner goes to the Olympics? No other ways to qualify for the Olympics?
Right now we’re just working on world championships.

At most of the weight classes, the winner from the US Open goes to final x to wrestle a former world team medalist in best of 3. Winner goes to world championships.

At 3 weight classes where there isn’t a former world medalist waiting in final x, the winner of the us open will face the winner of the wtt challenge tourney in final x in best of 3. Winner goes to world championships.

I think Olympics will work somewhat similarly. World team medal puts you in final if at same weight. World team medal at a non-Olympic weight gives you a bye to maybe the semifinals.

U17
Ryder

U20
Barr
Kasak
Perry
Mirasolas
Sealey
Lilledahl
Nasdeo

Mesenbrink
Kelly
Pierce

May have missed one or two.
Thanks jrod65.

Just saw Nasdeo pin an Askren kid.

It’s so hard to follow with 31 mats. Trying to figure out where the U20 guys are vs the others.

Reactions: Creek Side
I was a little worried for Vito’s arm there
I noticed that too. At first I thought he was going for an arm bar, but it was all clean. Amazingly, Vito got a couple leg lace turns with just one arm doing the lace.

At what point does schadenfreude turn to just plain pity? For me, I feel I'm pretty much there w/ all things Hawkeye. It's not really fun to have a "rival" with so many systemic issues, and they're a proud program that perhaps deserves at least a little better than what they've got in recent years.

Iran, and maybe some day soon Russia is our rival.
I hope nobody is holding their breath waiting for me to feel pity for Hawkeye wrestling. Last 3 years years they have finished 2, 3 and first. They got a couple individual champions from Spencer.
Penn State has finished 2, 1 and 1 with 10 individual champions, and they still think the they are on the same level as PSU. Maybe when they go a decade with no individual champions and a single team trophy (4th place).

Winners of Final X in June (Newark, NJ) compete here:
The 2023 World Wrestling Championships will held be from 16 to 24 September 2023 in Belgrade, Serbia.

I hope nobody is holding their breath waiting for me to feel pity for Hawkeye wrestling. Last 3 years years they have finished 2, 3 and first. They got a couple individual champions from Spencer.
Penn State has finished 2, 1 and 1 with 10 individual champions, and they still think the they are on the same level as PSU. Maybe when they go a decade with no individual champions and a single team trophy (4th place).
I feel bad for almost all wrestlers who don’t make their goals. Except Zahid, because screw that guy, and your Downey/Ferrari types.

Would be nice if mats weren’t in random order on Flo app on Roku

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT