ADVERTISEMENT

2023 US Open

I don’t know what it is that Team Donahoe/Davison teach up there, but it’s clearly not setups. Genuinely ridiculous that Barr and Facundo have the same issues.

I don’t know what it is that Team Donahoe/Davison teach up there, but it’s clearly not setups. Genuinely ridiculous that Barr and Facundo have the same issues.
100%. If someone has good head hands defense Barr has trouble. Can’t shoot through people and he really doesn’t have any setups. I’m still high on him but he needs work. Definitely needs a redshirt

I guess Augustine isn't exactly some stiff.
He's not a stiff at all, but Barr's got a long way to go stepping up in age/class. It's pretty easy to ragdoll HS kids when you're long and athletic like Barr is. Not so easy when wrestling against men.

Needs some time in the room for sure. But upperweights tend to make big strides in our room - both blue chips and not-so blue chips.

He's not a stiff at all, but Barr's got a long way to go stepping up in age/class. It's pretty easy to ragdoll HS kids when you're long and athletic like Barr is. Not so easy when wrestling against men.

Needs some time in the room for sure. But upperweights tend to make big strides in our room - both blue chips and not-so blue chips.
I meant that more of I didn't not too much about him. I looked him up and saw that he won U20 last year. Kid is put together.

The quarters at 86kg are fire! We have

Bennett Berge vs Tate Naaktgeboren
Connor Mirasola vs Clayton Whiting
Max McEnelly vs Wyatt Voelker
Lenny Pinto vs Brayden Thompson

Insane group of guys. Pinto just beat Shumate 11-10

Reactions: hlstone and danoftw
I always like to ask a stupid question to help the ignorant masses.
But all this is just for the 2023 World team, and they do it all again for the next Olympic team, right?
Sort of but not quite. There's no US Open to Final X in April/May. There's an Olympic Trials in April. The process for Olympic Team selection has not been finalized.

Reactions: RandyL
So far Mesenbrink seems like the best PSU guy I've seen. Hopefully we'll get to see him and Sealey to see if Joe has something for him.

In this match and in a previous match I saw a lot of shots from space with very little setup. He didn’t seem comfortable in tie ups. Maybe it’s just a bad day for him but he didn’t look as solid as I thought he would.

Reactions: fronk71 and Ski
Lost in all the talk today is that Cael Nasdeo looks great
I think he landed Top 100 of Willies big board. Think he only had senior year where he was healthy and did really well finally. He battled against McGowan also. Quite a kid to get I’m pretty sure as a recruited walk on, imagine non Big Ten schools would consider packaging a majority scholarship or close to a full ride for a career 125 like him

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Kasak vs Manville on deck mat 5!
Sealey in the hole mat 4
Mesenbrink in the hole mat 3

Connor Mirasola with a 15-4 tech over Payton Thomas. Thomas is really good but Mirasola absolutely broke him

Thomas is headed to Navy. This year he twice beat AJ Heeg (OKST commit, Fargo JR finalist) including the state finals.

Really good win for Mirasola.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT