ADVERTISEMENT

2023 US Open

Henderson hip toss 2-0 over Beau early.
Beau single 2-2.
Henderson arm drag and TD. 4-2
Henderson almost spladle TD 6-2 at the break.
Bartlett counter single. 6-4
Battlett counter TD. 6-6
Big exchange. 4 Henderson and 1 Bartlett. Brick thrown. Gave exposure to Henderson before I guess reversal. In folk it would have just been a TD for Beau. Call reversed! 4 for Beau!!! 10-6 Beau!
Step out Beau! 11-6

Beau knocks off 2 Henderson 11-6!!!!

Last edited:
Beau trading takedowns with Evan Henderson, whose freestyle game is much improved from when he graduated. Henderson 6-2 at the break but Bartlett is game.

At 6-6, Henderson was awarded a four on odd position; Bartlett reversed and then challenged the four, turning 10-7 deficit to a 10-6 lead. He added a stepout point and won 11-6. Huge win for Beau.

Last edited:
Verk's topside run ends, is teched by Berger 12-1.
Woah! 4 for Beau. Lets gooooo! Up 10-6 w/ a minute left.

• Sad
Reactions: hlstone
I saw 2 & 2.
2 for Henderson, exposure.
2 for Bartlett on the counter TD.

Who knows what the judges were thinking, but we'll take the win for Bartlett !!
Could only be 2-2 if they said Bartlett exposed and then Henderson exposed as well (which did happen and could’ve been the scoring), but if Henderson got 2 for the exposure it would’ve just be 1 reversal for BB

Could only be 2-2 if they said Bartlett exposed and then Henderson exposed as well (which did happen and could’ve been the scoring), but if Henderson got 2 for the exposure it would’ve just be 1 reversal for BB
Original call, I think was TD and exposure for Henderson and reversal for Beau. Brick changed it to TD and exposure for Beau.

Bartlett looked incredible. Absolutely huge win. Henderson was in final X last year

Nolf and KOT both with tech falls. KOT teching Gantt is a good win. Semifinal between Nolf and KOT is going to be fun. 2 of the most creative wrestlers in the game

I don't think Brooks has a takedown yet today. He takes ground better than even Gilman.

Just got his first, up 8-0--and another to win 11-0.

Carter taking ground vs. Kemerer, who tried an arm throw for nothing. 0-0 so far. Gets an easy single TD w/ a minute 30 left in the 1st. 2-0.... Up 3-0 w/ a passivity pt after 1. In the 2nd, a TD after a folkstyle scramble, ads one on a reattack w/ a minute left 7-0. Adds another on a reattack 9-0, working hard for a gut to end it, but can't.

Last edited:
TD Starocci. 2-0 over Kem about halfway through 1st

2-0 at the break.

Starocci reshot TD. Nice counters on Kem’s shot and then Kem’s scramble. 4-0

5-0 now. Missed something.

TD Starocci. 7-0

TD Starocci. 9-0. Reattack off bad Kem shot. He might be spent.

9-0 final. Almost 1 at end.

I think 3 point TDs might agree with Carter.

Last edited:
When Nolf had a bit of a problem, they stopped the bout for a short while and Nolf went to his corner. I looked at the corner and realized that between those three guys, Varner, Bo, and Nolf, there were 8 NCAA championships and an Olympic championship standing there with obviously more to come. We are darned lucky to be living through this era.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT