ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA's - Match/discussion threads (merged)

That’s it for PSU until tonight.

Davis vs 5 Volk in BR
Nagao vs 3 Orine in BR
Bartlett vs 6 McNeil in SF
Kasak vs 3 Arrington in BR
Haines vs 12 Andonian in SF
Mesenbrink vs 6 Caliendo in SF
Starocci vs 4 Griffith in SF
Truax vs 10 Fishback in BR
Brooks vs 12 Elam in SF
Kerkvliet vs 4 Schultz in SF

Some tough ones tonight; better use this time stock up on your White Claw.
I smell a sweep, lol!

tenor.gif

So the good guys have 10 still alive. Who's the next best in that category?
Add the SF and consi round 4 numbers together. PSU has 10. NEB, who is in 12th place has 7. Four other teams have 6 left.

TeamPointsMaximum
Potential
Seeds
Hold
# SF# F# Cons 4
(Rd of 12)
# Cons 5
(All Amer.)
# Cons Semi# 7th-8th
Team Standings
Penn State
86.5​
254.5​
152​
6​
0​
4​
0​
0​
0​
Michigan
50.5​
130​
66​
4​
0​
1​
0​
0​
0​
Arizona State
44.5​
104.5​
66.5​
4​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
Iowa State
42​
150​
67​
2​
0​
4​
0​
0​
0​
Iowa
41.5​
149.5​
67.5​
2​
0​
4​
0​
0​
0​
Ohio State
36​
105​
57.5​
2​
0​
2​
0​
0​
0​
Virginia Tech
35.5​
143.5​
52.5​
2​
0​
4​
0​
0​
0​
North Carolina State
33.5​
146​
84.5​
1​
0​
5​
0​
0​
0​
Missouri
33​
121.5​
48.5​
2​
0​
3​
0​
0​
0​
Oklahoma State
33​
102​
48.5​
2​
0​
2​
0​
0​
0​

Last edited:
Reactions: NoVaLion2
I have not been to HR yet but I'm wondering if it's meltdown mode or whatever mode.
Only the people who think Iowa should win every year like the Gable era. Knowledgeable fans knew we had no chance to win this year. Still hoping for a team trophy. I would be melting down if I was a Nebraska fan. 7 in the quarters and go 1-6

Only the people who think Iowa should win every year like the Gable era. Knowledgeable fans knew we had no chance to win this year. Still hoping for a team trophy. I would be melting down if I was a Nebraska fan. 7 in the quarters and go 1-6
I think you have a GREAT chance next year! Maybe even more of a shot than PSU. Believe it! Don't let anyone tell you guys any differently.

I do this so they get their hopes up. I enjoy their meltdowns more when they thought they had a chance.

I think back to 2011 and Ed Ruth’s injury.
I never thought Ed would wrestle in the Consolations, but he ended up taking 3rd in impressive fashion.

I may be wrong, but Ed’s 3rd place win might have clinched Cael’s first title. Very fuzzy on that detail.
It did clinch the title

He had a great year but I think the lack of competition during the season didn’t prepare him for the grind of the tournament.
I don't buy that. Hell, our guys struggled to get enough matches for RPI. Glazier took a dive in the last month. Injury? Overtraining? Lights were too bright?

I don't buy that. Hell, our guys struggled to get enough matches for RPI. Glazier took a dive in the last month. Injury? Overtraining? Lights were too bright?
I think he meant Glazier's schedule was weak, albeit thru no fault of his own.

In the regular season Glazier faced Brooks, Surber, Allred, Joles 2x, and Wehmeyer. And of course Mr. Fast Splits. The only other guy he faced with a winning record was Urbas' backup at Penn. He got a lot of guys with ugly W-L records, some of them backups.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT