ADVERTISEMENT

All-Star Classic Discussion Thread

David Carr (ISU) vs Quincy Monday (Prin)

Nothing through 2 mins; no committed shots. 0-0 after one. Not much action.

Carr chooses bottom. Out in 6 secs. 1-0 Carr. Some level change shots from distance but nothing that gets in on either guy. 1-0 Carr after two.

Monday chooses bottom. Carr throws in a boot. Quincy sits. Challenge brick thrown to get locked hands call. RT was over a minute, I think, when thrown. No locked hands. Quincy out with 35 secs to go. RT is 1:16. Now action. Carr wins 2-1 on riding point.

Last edited:
It’s not personal b/w us. Just give it some chance that every PSU fan going there doesn’t get poop reflexively hurled in their direction.
I agree but also know that is impossible. Some of those dueshebags just say whatever if you are even slightly associated with PSU. One of the reasons I got banned is I thought I had to respond to every pay slight it didn't work they all suck on hr end of story. The ones that come here are fine and tend to be real wrestling fans the rest are Iowa homers who have thin skin of no skin

Reactions: Ski and Psugo823
I agree but also know that is impossible. Some of those dueshebags just say whatever if you are even slightly associated with PSU. One of the reasons I got banned is I thought I had to respond to every pay slight it didn't work they all suck on hr end of story. The ones that come here are fine and tend to be real wrestling fans the rest are Iowa homers who have thin skin of no skin
It's frustrating because some of them have a good take then they roll out a ped state card and show their real selves. Sad.

Carr/Monday a snooze fest. Care wins 2-1 on riding time Point.

I’m probably biased but the only exciting matches were Kerk and Aaron

Elam/Warner was good too..McKee was a mismatch.

165: Dean Hamiti (Wis) vs Keegan O’Toole (Mizzou)

O’Toole single and finish early. 2-0. Riding. O’Toole with a few mat returns. RT over a minute. Restart with 1:29 to go. RY over 2 mins now. Working a leg lock and a bar now. 2-0 O’Toole after one with 2:42 RT.

O’Toole chooses bottom gets reversal after about 40 secs. 4-0 O’Toole. Hamiti escape. 4-1. 2:30 RT. That’s how the 2nd period ends.

Hamiti chooses neutral. O’Toole shot stopped. O’Toole TD 6-1 on a great counter. 7-1 final with riding point.

Last edited:
Carr/Monday a snooze fest. Care wins 2-1 on riding time Point.

I’m probably biased but the only exciting matches were Kerk and Aaron

Elam/Warner was good too..McKee was a mismatch.
Wondering whether Carr will slowly pull away over four more months of moving up.

149: Austin Gomez (Wisc) vs Sammy Sasso (Ohio St)

Gomez single leg. Good D by Sasso forces scramble and stalemate. Sasso tries to grab an ankle from ties. 0-0 after one.

Gomez chooses bottom. Out in 9 secs. 1-0 Gomez. Both men trying to throw and Sasso ends up on top. 2-1 Sasso. Escape Gomez on restart. Gomez deep shot. Good D again and crazy scramble. TD for Sasso on hands touching mat. 4-2 Sasso. They’re going to review it. TD stands. 4-2 Sasso after two.

Neutral start. I think Sasso took bottom and Gomez said give him one. Gomez quick TD. Escape and another Gomez TD! Escape and a third Gomez TD in 30 secs! Escape. 8-8 now! Wow!!! Gomez in deep again. Finishes. 10-8 Gomez! Escape. 10-9. Sasso shoots but Gomez wins 10-9! Wow!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT