ADVERTISEMENT

All-Star Classic Discussion Thread

174: Carter Starocci (Good Guys) vs Mekhi Lewis (VT)

Star underhook. Nothing. Trade half shots; Star’s was first. Star shoots but stopped. Star in on single but Lewis defends. Another later Star shot. Nothing. 0-0 after one. Star the clear aggressor.

Star chooses bottom. Out in 5 secs. 1-0 Star. Star in deep… Lewis somehow gets out. Getting close to a stall call I would think. Star shoots again and there’s the stall call. Star shoots again. 1-0 Star after two.

Lewis chooses bottom. Star tries to ride. Lewis to his feet. OOB. Two mat returns. RT over a minute. Restart with 42 secs to go. 1:12 RT. To his feet and then down. Riding hard. Flattened out now. Star rides him out and wins 2-0!!!

Clearly the aggressor for two periods and then the rideout.

Last edited:
Carter vs Lewis:

Great technical match. Lewis' defense of Carter's high crotch was top level. That may be the only time I have ever seen Carter in that deep and not able to finish. So tip of the hat to Lewis there. That was about the only action Lewis provided however. Carter much more offensive, and the commitment to the third period ride made a statement. I would think that one stays in the back of Lewis' mind for a while.

PSU goes 3-0 on the night.

We Are!

It's a total Hawkeye nightmare for Thanksgiving. Gobble Gobble. Hawkeye gravy made of gushing teardrops for our turkey!

Not that it matters but I really hope the rankers don’t put Woods #1. Guys putting in on the line and because he’s hurt and hasn’t taken the mat shouldn’t make him 1
On the Flo written play by play they said that Alirez would probably move to number 1 in the rankings

Reactions: pish69
The Alirez reversal to start the second period… fastest reversal ever off a whistle?

Reactions: psudotedu
Brooks timing on his picks were perfect. Kerk should have/could have won by more, that was an ass kicking. Cstar can finish those shots and widen the gap. Man is he a tough rider. Mathew’s looks like he trains in Iowa City, 7 mins of….nothing. Expected more in the Carr/Monday match, Carr looks good. Flo announcers make me consider watching in silence. Askren yawning, barefoot, weird. Warner continues to underwelm, should have been hit for stalling much earlier. The Shilson/Prussin match better than most mens matches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT