ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Championship Game Thread

Beating a team with a one legged QB is suddenly a reason to get in the CFP.

Never thought we deserved the Rose. Our play against Rutgers pretty much sealed that. Wisconsin has earned that berth on the field.
The Rutgers game had no impact. We played a conservative game with our best players out. The Minnesota and OSU losses put us in this position.

Nice deflection. You're not very good at this.
Hardly a deflection...you asked why even play the conference championship game...my response was a direct answer to your question....when did that become a deflection?

Wisconsin "earned" the opportunity to even be in this game with 2 worse losses than PSU's losses, coupled with the fact that they are in the West division.
That said, yes they do look good now, whether it is due to overall seasonal improvement or just taking advantage of their opportunity...
That would be true most years. But Wisconsin played Michigan, OSU, and MSU in their crossover games. Added to the fact that they didn’t get to play Rutgers, the worst team in the conference, Wisconsin’s conference schedule was at least as tough as PSU’s schedule.

It’s true that a loss to Illinois is bad. However, Wisconsin’s three best wins (Michigan, Minnesota, and Iowa) are better than PSU’s best three (Michigan, Iowa, Indiana).

Which PSU coach is responsible for recruiting Wisconsin? Perhaps we should go there for linemen.

Reactions: psu00
That would be true most years. But Wisconsin played Michigan, OSU, and MSU in their crossover games. Added to the fact that they didn’t get to play Rutgers, the worst team in the conference, Wisconsin’s conference schedule was at least as tough as PSU’s schedule.
But their two losses would not have gotten them into this game if they were in the East.

Reactions: GreatBasinNit
They should make the halftime contestants throw real football passes instead of letting them pretend they're playing basketball.

And what's up with the big check?? That'll never fit into an ATM.

Last edited:
They said it happened in our game not the Michigan game. Fields injury that is!
Yeah... that happened on the last drive. They rolled Fields out on a run and he took a tough tackle (maybe Gooney or Parsons - don't remember). Totally unneccessary for OSU to put him at risk given the score, etc., at that point in the game.

Reactions: paws1957
Setting aside the playoff talk, Wisky is playing a helluva game. Key seems to be pressure on Fields in the pocket. Can they sustain it?

Dominating the LOS. Not sure OSU has seen that before. Will be an interesting second half.

Question about the Dr Pepper challenge. Does the $100k have to be spent on tuition or can it also be spent on whores and beer?

That reminds me of an old Tug McGraw quote. When asked how he was going to spend his new contract money he replied, "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish Whiskey. The other ten percent I'll probably waste."

Reactions: bdgan
Setting aside the playoff talk, Wisky is playing a helluva game. Key seems to be pressure on Fields in the pocket. Can they sustain it?
Helps that Fields has one leg and can’t move.

The should make to halftime contestants throw real football passes instead of letting them pretend they're playing basketball.
I think that's the same technique Levis used on the red zone INT vs OSU.

Game on!

Fields is definitely not 100% but what a catch.

Nice drive to start the half but they're going to need to score 40 more to hang on to the #1 seed. The LSU win was too impressive to ignore.

I pity the custodial worker who is assigned to clean the press box after these two jokers. They have peed themselves, pooped their pants and climaxed. They should toss their cookies soon.

Reactions: paws1957
Screw it...I want the shot at the Rose. It's great for recruiting.

OSU struggling, even with a W, probably drops them to #2 anyway with LSU beating UGA. That means they get Clemson instead of OU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT