ADVERTISEMENT

Bad news coming

Well dick head if you are going to childishly resort to name calling. So now I'm a gym teacher? You really do have an inferiority complex. I'm fortunate enough to coach football as a hobby from my day job working for one of the largest financial companies in the US as a senior Vice President. Want to compare pay checks?

My reason for posting now is just informational. You don't like it put me on ignore.

I'm like a gym teacher how about we compare houses?

Never in the history of this board was so much posted about so little.
Mr. Gambit, givee your attention. I love this inspiration by Budda....

There’s an old Buddhist saying that, when you meet your soulmate, remember that the act to bring you together was 500 years in the making.

My wife and I were married in my second trimester... I was flunking out with a 1.6 in the first term, I just wanted to join the service like many of my friends. When I learned of my son coming, things changed. I got smarter, and became very responsible because I was not one, but three.
Basically, that is why I can't relate totally to undergratute experiences.
I did get a pair of PSU woven booties for Tommy, from the, I forget store, on College Ave.
Help me out please, our industrious board members.

Sadly, I was gullible enough to Google that :)

I see Olympian Janet Evans is among the Grand Marshalls... My brain immediately conjured Janet Jones' image (best buttocks ever, according to most government reports)
I always loved Janet Evans. She's 45 now with two kids. Still looks awesome!

861715a.jpg

Reactions: moofafoo and tgar
Mr. Gambit, givee your attention. I love this inspiration by Budda....

There’s an old Buddhist saying that, when you meet your soulmate, remember that the act to bring you together was 500 years in the making.

My wife and I were married in my second trimester... I was flunking out with a 1.6 in the first term, I just wanted to join the service like many of my friends. When I learned of my son coming, things changed. I got smarter, and became very responsible because I was not one, but three.
Basically, that is why I can't relate totally to undergratute experiences.
I did get a pair of PSU woven booties for Tommy, from the, I forget store, on College Ave.
Help me out please, our industrious board members.
Interesting about your 1.6 first term step. Mine was a 1.75 and I was on academic probation. Like you, I turned it around and became a lawyer (like 90% of the other posters). Now, here we are, years later, in different professions, but both showing the world our brilliance on the McAndrew Board.:)

Last edited:
You are squeezeing acids into my stomach, I'm supposed to be on vacation. I'm 67, with all of my retirement in the financial market.
You've had a good few weeks, but don't get greedy. I think we may still see a few hundred more points on the Dow, but if I were you, the I'd take some profits (after the first of the year to avoid taxes) and invest in dividend producing stocks though ETFs as a good balance to other equities. A 5% annual percentage return is a good stabilizing segment for any retirement fund, especially if you can live off of the dividends and interest, combined with social security and other pensions or income from other sources, I'm 68, and able to very comfortably live without respect to my equity investment balances because the dividends and interest i draw out covers my very comfortable lifestyle even as these balances rise and fall. Good luck. These still could be volition times.

Interesting about your 1.6 first term step. Mine was a 1.75 and I was on academic probation. Like you, I turned it around and became a lawyer (like 90% of the other posters). Now, here we are, years later, both showing the world our brilliance on the McAndrew Board.:)
My Lord Fair, thank you for sharing. On a side note, My employer wishes me to teach or I should say introduce the younger engineers in our company to establish a "critical" age old experience.
Love ya Fair, I'm with you against all odds.
Some really tough times. My dear wife, Karen, has the baby PSU booties I bought at the ...book store ??.. On College ave years ago. College life was not fun to me, because I was trying to succeed in engineering, with wife & my Tommy, and probably the one to least succeed.

Forget the above muttering and English composition Fair, I'll correct it tomorrow. Love your wife tonight as I love mine.
Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: fairgambit
You've had a good few weeks, but don't get greedy. I think we may still see a few hundred more points on the Dow, but if I were you, the I'd take some profits (after the first of the year to avoid taxes) and invest in dividend producing stocks though ETFs as a good balance to other equities. A 5% annual percentage return is a good stabilizing segment for any retirement fund, especially if you can live off of the dividends and interest, combined with social security and other pensions or income from other sources, I'm 68, and able to very comfortably live without respect to my equity investment balances because the dividends and interest i draw out covers my very comfortable lifestyle even as these balances rise and fall. Good luck. These still could be volition times.
Thank you much, Nit.

Interesting about your 1.6 first term step. Mine was a 1.75 and I was on academic probation. Like you, I turned it around and became a lawyer (like 90% of the other posters). Now, here we are, years later, in different professions, but both showing the world our brilliance on the McAndrew Board.:)

Hah, a physician and earned a 2.9 my third semester. 19 year old kids are dumb.

Reactions: fairgambit
Glad to be in such fine company. My first trimester ended with a 1.7. I managed to earn mostly As from then on, but still fell just shy of a 3.5 at graduation. Got into Dickinson Law, but not into my law school of choice.

19 year olds ARE dumb! I remind mine of that frequently. Yet he just got his report card. All As and one B+, so apparently they can learn from our mistakes sometimes.

Reminder: these kids will be asleep for several more hours. Gonna be a long day.

Reactions: demlion
Glad to be in such fine company. My first trimester ended with a 1.7. I managed to earn mostly As from then on, but still fell just shy of a 3.5 at graduation. Got into Dickinson Law, but not into my law school of choice.

19 year olds ARE dumb! I remind mine of that frequently. Yet he just got his report card. All As and one B+, so apparently they can learn from our mistakes sometimes.

Reminder: these kids will be asleep for several more hours. Gonna be a long day.
Wow, I got a 3.5 my first semester and then did better than that every term through graduation. I guess I should have done something with my life. :)

Reactions: sarasotan
Just tell us what your paycheck is and we'll let you know if ours are higher. Your posts read very "vice presidential." What's the ticker symbol? I'll short that one.

Seriously, is there a "financial" company that you'd trust with one red cent? I lived in NYC from '98 to '16 - I know "financial companies" - run for your life....
The plane that the team, coaches etc. flew to LA in is a 747-400 quad-jet owned by US Bank NA until United pays them off (which will be never, I'm guessing).

OK IT'S BEEN 17 HOURS SINCE WE'VE BEEN WARNED. EITHER TELL US YOU WERE CRYING WOLF OR TELL US THE BAD NEWS!

I went to PSU at 17. I was able to maintain a 2.0 for the first 3 years. Then I woke up, went to class, read the textbooks and made the Dean's List my senior year. My son's college years were too similar. Careerwise we both have done well. We were late maturers.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
The plane that the team, coaches etc. flew to LA in is a 747-400 quad-jet owned by US Bank NA until United pays them off (which will be never, I'm guessing).

I was wondering what kind of plane that was? I was going to guess a 777 or 747-8. Didn't realize the 400 had that kind of modern cabin layout also. Sweet ride for the guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nashville Lion
I actually did pretty well my first year - it was my second year that things started to fall apart for me - my own doing of course, although I did not recognize that at that time.

Yes, 19 year olds ARE dumb. And some of us pushing 52 are not much smarter.

I resemble that remark (except for the age). I certainly underachieved. As Cher once said "if I could turn back time".

Lol panda bear you are the one that changes things. You said, the best steaks houses don't use seasonings, they let the meat stand for itself
I said, hmmm best steak houses don't use salt and pepper ( seasonings) ,who knew. That's it
You seem start enough use the search function and you'll find those posts

Keep on moving the goal posts buddy... your response was predictable and irrelevant as usual. The word "seasoning" can be used as a verb (an action word) or a noun (person, place, or thing). Someday you will figure that out and stay on topic. The internet truly is an amazing place, how hard is it to admit you are wrong? Why do people like you poke your nose into other people's discussion and then argue and fight over the simplest things? Is your life that empty?

I've already used the search function to prove you wrong, do it yourself... you seem "start" enough to use it.

Keep on moving the goal posts buddy... your response was predictable and irrelevant as usual. The word "seasoning" can be used as a verb (an action word) or a noun (person, place, or thing). Someday you will figure that out and stay on topic. The internet truly is an amazing place, how hard is it to admit you are wrong? Why do people like you poke your nose into other people's discussion and then argue and fight over the simplest things? Is your life that empty?

I've already used the search function to prove you wrong, do it yourself... you seem "start" enough to use it.

Oh my, is this referencing back to the thread where some posters were debating whether or not salt and pepper was considered "seasoning?"

I don't remember who was on what side, but here, I'll settle it once and for all -- 21guns style (except I'll be correct) -- If you put salt and/or pepper on a dish, that dish is now "seasoned" -- And both salt, and pepper, is "seasoning." FACT! :)

If you're at a good steak house, and you ask for your steak "without any seasoning," it won't have anything on it -- Including salt or pepper.

That's as clear, obvious, correct as "the sun rises in the east" -- I'm not sure how there was a debate about that.

Ok, now that that's settled, we can get back to discussing how lame is the OP for dropping his title to try to justify his lameness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT