ADVERTISEMENT

Bad news coming

And this surprises you? We are talking about the person who doesn't understand the difference between the verb and noun version of the word "seasoning". Be ready for him to twist your words and drift further and further off topic.
Lol panda bear you are the one that changes things. You said, the best steaks houses don't use seasonings, they let the meat stand for itself
I said, hmmm best steak houses don't use salt and pepper ( seasonings) ,who knew. That's it
You seem start enough use the search function and you'll find those posts

Hearing some chatter about this involving a crank phone call to an Asst Coach and/or a crossbow in the players apts

As was said to me by a PSU NLC person shortly after Connor was suspended, "If Joe Sarra had a sense of humor, Dan Connor would still be a starting LBer."

tempest_In_a_teapot-mini.jpg

Go do a search in Morgan Stanley retail stock broker. anybody in any town with a title of Sr VP got that title by bringing in over $1,000,000 in commissions from retail investors
Hell look at j Jeffrey Sartain Look at his title. , look at his office location. Add 2+2 He comes into his office at most 1 day a week, produces well over a $1,000,000 in commissions
You can run a broker check if you want just google that under the finra site
I m not sure about your next sentence. The only time the Feds come around is if you do something illegal. You're right I don't know anybody in that catagory. It never comes to mind.

So you don't know anyone that you can identify, despite saying you know "many".

Here is what one fed regulator, the OCC, does:

The OCC's nationwide staff of bank examiners conducts on-site reviews of national banks and federal savings associations and provides sustained supervision of these institutions’ operations. Examiners analyze loan and investment portfolios, funds management, capital, earnings, liquidity, sensitivity to market risk for all national banks and federal thrifts, and compliance with consumer banking laws for national banks and thrifts with less than $10 billion in assets. They review internal controls, internal and external audit, and compliance with law. They also evaluate management's ability to identify and control risk.

https://www.occ.treas.gov/about/what-we-do/mission/index-about.html

Please show me where it says they regulate only when you're doing something illegal.

Reactions: CoolBean
This whole thread is one of the biggest jerk moves I can remember. Either you post or not...you don't drop this and then not say anything.

So you don't know anyone that you can identify, despite saying you know "many".

Here is what one fed regulator, the OCC, does:

The OCC's nationwide staff of bank examiners conducts on-site reviews of national banks and federal savings associations and provides sustained supervision of these institutions’ operations. Examiners analyze loan and investment portfolios, funds management, capital, earnings, liquidity, sensitivity to market risk for all national banks and federal thrifts, and compliance with consumer banking laws for national banks and thrifts with less than $10 billion in assets. They review internal controls, internal and external audit, and compliance with law. They also evaluate management's ability to identify and control risk.

https://www.occ.treas.gov/about/what-we-do/mission/index-about.html

Please show me where it says they regulate only when you're doing something illegal.
I told you to look up J Jeff Sartain, add 2 plus 2, what more do you want?
What you just linked has nothing to do with what a retail stock broker does, zero
You probably saw the words investment portfolio and said ah ha! But that's referring to the banks investment portfolio, not a clients.
Fwiw , FINRA regulates retail brokers. As I mentioned the security industry is a SRO

A) I'll agree with that, but I doubt those guys can get the time off to coach HS football
B) wrong producing $1,000,000 in commissions is a big deal, and the CEO knows that, except of course arogrant pricks like James ,don't call me jimmy , Gorman
C) not true industry average is north of 90%
D) most guys don't work on Wall Street, they work on Main Street. Lots of seats need filled
Other than that you are as clueless about this as panda bear is about seasoning steaks!

Don't believe everything your neighbor tells you. Sounds like he's 'managing' a bunch of senior citizens 401k's with 10k in them. I'd leave the office early too if it meant avoiding their annoying phone calls every time their AAPL sells off

Don't believe everything your neighbor tells you. Sounds like he's 'managing' a bunch of senior citizens 401k's with 10k in them. I'd leave the office early too if it meant avoiding their annoying phone calls every time their AAPL sells off
Lol pretty close! But I will say their average balances are 25 x that!, get enough of those you'd leave at 2 too!,

Trying to figure out what I dislike more:
Posts that state "I know something you don't know, but I can't tell."
or
Post that states something as fact that turns out to be pure BS.
We get a few of the first and a whole lot of the second.
Exactly. The whole "I know something you don't know" is something I have posted about in the past. Say what you know or STFU. Serves no purpose to beat your chest about something you are too much of a pussy to say anything about.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I told you to look up J Jeff Sartain, add 2 plus 2, what more do you want?
What you just linked has nothing to do with what a retail stock broker does, zero
You probably saw the words investment portfolio and said ah ha! But that's referring to the banks investment portfolio, not a clients.
Fwiw , FINRA regulates retail brokers. As I mentioned the security industry is a SRO

Your original statement was that a SVP of a large financial institution (such as Morgan Stanley) does not have to answer to anyone but himself and his clients.

That position is not considered a "retail stockbroker". A retail stockbroker has nothing to do with your original statement.

So what you've done is realized you were wrong and then moved the goal posts, as another poster says you typically do.

OK, I'm done playing this game. Bye.

We need more data.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has more data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." -- Sherlock Holmes

Louis Freeh and the BoT, among many others including most politicians and media, fail to adhere to this great and essential axiom of Holmes. In this matter before us, the supposed bad news and the work habits/remuneration of Wall Streeters, we need more data.

Your original statement was that a SVP of a large financial institution (such as Morgan Stanley) does not have to answer to anyone but himself and his clients.

That position is not considered a "retail stockbroker". A retail stockbroker has nothing to do with your original statement.

So what you've done is realized you were wrong and then moved the goal posts, as another poster says you typically do.

OK, I'm done playing this game. Bye.
Huh? What are you talking about? And to top it off you believed panda bear? Did you bother to even look up j Jeff Sartain?. He is a SVP and a retail broker. He does what he wants, when he wants, this had everything to do with my post. It's the reason creekside can get off to coach. You don't really know what you are talking about. I think you are being obtuse just to mess with me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT