ADVERTISEMENT

Bama-Wisconsin...and other games

WSU got revenge for being left behind by Wash. And unfortunately WSU diminished the value of my White Out game package by giving Wash an L. Oh well. Still love the White Out experience.
Oregon State failed to get that revenge. Oregon finally looked good.

Our strength of schedule took a beating today with wvu, wiscy, and wash losing.
Purdue too but that wasn'[t shocking.
It's really a two game schedule for us. Just can't blow a game we shouldn't.
If we don't make the playoff this year we might never make it lol

Alcorn State is playing a guy named Ed Waters today. 38-0 right now. Ed seems to be holding his own all things considered.

Indiana looking good but maybe UCLA is really bad. Indiana is improved as they upgraded at HC. Where did Allen come from? Wait...

• Haha
Reactions: 4IUSox2
Did Tennessee set a record for points in the 1st quarter?
Our backups better be in by half time next week. Kent State is historically bad.
The only good that can come out of that game is that the second and third stringers should get a lot of reps, probably beginning in the second quarter. I just pray that there are no severe injuries in a game that really should not even be played.

Reactions: LandoComando
Indiana looking good but maybe UCLA is really bad. Indiana is improved as they upgraded at HC. Where did Allen come from? Wait...
Cignetti obviously is a good coach, he had JMU in the top 25. However, UCLA only beat Hawaii 16-13, so they’re garbage. Also, in the span of three weeks, they have to travel to LSU and PSU; PSU should destroy them.

Because it’s Pitt. One of my favorite PSU pics

IMG-6340.jpg
I hate the taunting and I remember when it was a penalty. Two in particular. One was a LB Lamar Stewart taunting an opponent after tackling him. I remember Joe actually running out onto the field to yank him out of the game and chewing him out on the sideline. The other was a game in Syracuse. A PSU player scored then immediately pointed to the PSU fan section in the upper deck and we got penalized. That was over the top bad but my point is that taunting didn't used to be tolerated.

Of course at one time players were also expected to get an education.

Scores that make you go "what?"

UK 6, Jawja 3 halftime

Last week, South Carolina thrashed Kentucky. This is why road games are hard.

I hate the taunting and I remember when it was a penalty. Two in particular. One was a LB Lamar Stewart taunting an opponent after tackling him. I remember Joe actually running out onto the field to yank him out of the game and chewing him out on the sideline. The other was a game in Syracuse. A PSU player scored then immediately pointed to the PSU fan section in the upper deck and we got penalized. That was over the top bad but my point is that taunting didn't used to be tolerated.

Pointing to your own fans is taunting?

Scores that make you go "what?"

UK 6, Jawja 3 halftime

Last week, South Carolina thrashed Kentucky. This is why road games are hard.
It's Georgia being Georgia and thinking ahead to the comfort of their bye week before Bama
Kind of like us sleepwalking against BGSU

It's Georgia being Georgia and thinking ahead to the comfort of their bye week before Bama
Kind of like us sleepwalking against BGSU

UK tends to play Georgia tough every other year or so. Fully expect Beck to throw for 3 TDs in the 2nd half and blow things open.

Vandergriff holds the ball WAY too long. He's gonna lose his arm eventually the way he stands back there.

Yeah…I just like the picture

They were winning at that point regardless of the fumble call.

Definitely. I'm just commenting on the luck going there way in addition to being a great team. Credit to the OC, he made some aggressive calls on the game sealing drive.

Kentucky shouldn't have punted with 3 something to go near midfield though. They don't have the offensive fireworks to get that defensive stop and drive the field again.

Reactions: LandoComando
Just typical Georgia. Once a year against a mid level (or worse) SEC team they do this then Smart is able to show then they can't sleepwalk through games. They'll probably kill Bama now

Reactions: lazydave841
Just typical Georgia. Once a year against a mid level (or worse) SEC team they do this then Smart is able to show then they can't sleepwalk through games. They'll probably kill Bama now
Two teams that could throw a monkey wrench into the Alabama -Georgia dominance are Tennessee and Mississippi. Alabama plays at Tennessee on Oct 19.

Georgia plays at Ole Miss on Nov 9 and plays Tennessee at home on Nov 16. Georgia also travels to Texas on Oct 19. If Georgia makes it through all of that undefeated, they deserve to be #1

Reactions: Jerry
Two teams that could throw a monkey wrench into the Alabama -Georgia dominance are Tennessee and Mississippi. Alabama plays at Tennessee on Oct 19.

Georgia plays at Ole Miss on Nov 9 and plays Tennessee at home on Nov 16. Georgia also travels to Texas on Oct 19. If Georgia makes it through all of that undefeated, they deserve to be #1
Yupp Georgia's path is as tough as it gets

Reactions: mhlarch

Agreed, they would deserve it...but I don't see them beating all those teams plus Alabama.

In fact, it'll be interesting to see whether Georgia retains its #1 ranking or slips a spot after the close call against Kentucky.

Agreed, they would deserve it...but I don't see them beating all those teams plus Alabama.

In fact, it'll be interesting to see whether Georgia retains its #1 ranking or slips a spot after the close call against Kentucky.
Agreed. Texas has been impressive and they have 2 elite QBs so even if Ewers goes down they're in good shape. I think Georgia stays 1 but wouldn't be shocked if Texas leaps them.

ESPN's summary of the Georgia game--sometimes I wonder if Smart likes these games early in the year.

Georgia lays an egg​

Nobody panic.

Take deep breaths and understand this was just a drill. No one was ever in any real danger, Georgia does it every year.

Oh, sure, the Bulldogs' 13-12 win over Kentucky was ugly and stressful and bordered on unmitigated disaster throughout, but that's not entirely different from a typical night at Pauley's, so any Athens folks should've been well prepared.

For everyone else, think back to last year's Week 3 game against South Carolina (down 14-3 at the half) or 2022's Week 5 game against Missouri (down 22-12 in the fourth quarter) or the ugly opener against Clemson in 2021 (10-3 win). It's just what Georgia does. The Bulldogs are so good, it hardly warrants getting out of bed before mid-October.

Saturday's game was frustrating, sure. Before Week 3, Kentucky's Brock Vandagriff was best known as the Georgia backup who most looks like he drives a Camaro and listens to a lot of the Little River Band. But then he did just enough against his former team to get Kentucky into field goal range four times.

On any other Saturday, four field goals wouldn't be enough to keep Georgia's attention beyond the second quarter, but on this night, the Wildcats' defense seemed to flummox Carson Beck and Co., who mustered just 262 yards of offense, the fewest by the Bulldogs since that Clemson game to start the 2021 season.

What does it all mean? Nada. Nothing. Zilch. Georgia is still the king of the mountain, but as with all malevolent dictators, it's good to give its subjects just enough hope that they never bother to really revolt. And so it was again in Week 3. The Bulldogs dangled a win just in front of Kentucky's eyes, only to yank it away at the last second because the only way to truly torment the rest of the SEC more is to offer hope before delivering despair.

As always, the king stays the king.

Agreed. Texas has been impressive and they have 2 elite QBs so even if Ewers goes down they're in good shape. I think Georgia stays 1 but wouldn't be shocked if Texas leaps them.
Yep, agree. there are 4 teams right now that sort of stand above the others - Texas, Georgia, OSU and maybe Alabama but I think Texas should probably be at the top. Manning looked outstanding yesterday, and I just wonder how much Texas oil money he's getting to play behind Ewers

Agree, but we really don't know how elite any of these teams are at this point (we know they look pretty good, but don't know precise how good or elite they are). Missouri is another good example of an SEC team that is being ranked extremely high simply because they're an SEC team - they certainly didn't look like the #6 team in the nation yesterday (nor capable of beating Bama or UGa).

Yep, agree. there are 4 teams right now that sort of stand above the others - Texas, Georgia, OSU and maybe Alabama but I think Texas should probably be at the top. Manning looked outstanding yesterday, and I just wonder how much Texas oil money he's getting to play behind Ewers
A lot lol
But supposedly Peyton told him to stay to learn under Sarkisian. I feel like the Mannings know Arch is a top 3 pick whenever he enters the draft just based on pedigree so unlike most he's not desperate to play immediately. Plus, he has money which makes life easier. I'm guessing he stays at Texas through the 2026 season and starts for 2 years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT