ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Hawkeye Board Meltdown

To b fair, not only did Gambrell beat Q in a HS all-star match but he dominated the dual that year.
To be fair, Q was coming off a dislocated shoulder at the NLO in early December, and the first time he looked like his old self after that was the BIGs that year at NW.

Reactions: therod and Wilco43
To be fair, Q was coming off a dislocated shoulder at the NLO in early December, and the first time he looked like his old self after that was the BIGs that year at NW.
Makes no difference. From an Iowa perspective (which was the point) the dual against Iowa would have left Iowa fans, believing Grambrell had that semi-final match.

Gimme SVN over Murin all day long and twice on Sunday.
I know. Based on his 2-0 win over North Carolina back up Jayden Scott he should dominate Murin. And of course his 3-2 loss to Paniro Johnson was a much stronger performance than Murin’s 3-1 loss in SV. Van Ness scored one more point so I see how you can be so confident. My guess is Murin ducks him and we send out our back up Caleb Rathjen so Max doesn’t lose all his confidence for the rest of the year.

Reactions: bwfight
I know. Based on his 2-0 win over North Carolina back up Jayden Scott he should dominate Murin. And of course his 3-2 loss to Paniro Johnson was a much stronger performance than Murin’s 3-1 loss in SV. Van Ness scored one more point so I see how you can be so confident. My guess is Murin ducks him and we send out our back up Caleb Rathjen so Max doesn’t lose all his confidence for the rest of the year.
Why Are You Messing With Me Zooey Deschanel GIF by filmeditor

Come back after the match. I’ll be here.

Reactions: Ski
for sure, and i think PK wins, but he's honestly been a little worse than i thought, and facundo has been a little better than i thought. one thing that has me worried is kennedy struggles to finish and one thing facundo does at a high level is defend. i could see PK being in deep 2-3 times and control the mat, but not finish and then facundo steals it late.
Do you think PK might employ ADS’s stall technique of shooting 100x without finishing? :)

I don't think a Murin win or a SVN win would send either fan base into shock. Most think this will be a razor thin margin. BB beating Woods or AF beating PK would sound the alarms in Iowa City, and if both were to happen on the same night it would be a full blown HR meltdown. Throw in Carter staring down Terry after ripping his kid in half just for extra fuel.

I don't think a Murin win or a SVN win would send either fan base into shock. Most think this will be a razor thin margin. BB beating Woods or AF beating PK would sound the alarms in Iowa City, and if both were to happen on the same night it would be a full blown HR meltdown. Throw in Carter staring down Terry after ripping his kid in half just for extra fuel.
I don’t think Facundo beating Kennedy would be that shocking. They both have some similar issues.

Meh…if Spencer wins his 4th and doesn’t get the Hodge it wouldn’t bother me.
You r but a tiny fraction of HR. Spencer winning his 4th and the Hodge going somewhere else would make the annual NCAA meltdown on HR appear to be a cheerfest.

Over/Under on the total number of shots taken by Murin and Warner combined, in regulation, vs SVN and Dean? I’ll put it firmly at 1.5. What do people think? Under? Over?

Reactions: PSU James and mcpat
The only issue I see with this is that Murin will take at least 3 shots but all will be in the last 20 seconds of the 3rd period. 😏
I distinctly recall after last year’s final Dean v Warner match numerous HR posters firmly stating that the reason Warner had lost was that he strayed from the plan of NOT SHOOTING AT ALL vs Dean so as to avoid the counter TD that Dean did get to win.

Hawkeye strategy at it’s best. DO NOT TAKE A SHOT!

Kerk pins Cass
Steen last 3 periods with Lee
Bartlett upsets Woods
SVN mauls Murin
Gary staves off the Spencer onslaught for 4 1/2 minutes and slowly wrestles his way back against his exhausted foe…taking a small lead with just a minute to go. A desperate Spencer tries everything in the last 20 seconds, but to no avail. Gary takes down the titan, and in the gleeful post-match interview reveals he is the grandson of Larry Owings

I distinctly recall after last year’s final Dean v Warner match numerous HR posters firmly stating that the reason Warner had lost was that he strayed from the plan of NOT SHOOTING AT ALL vs Dean so as to avoid the counter TD that Dean did get to win.

Hawkeye strategy at it’s best. DO NOT TAKE A SHOT!

Paid off in a berth in the NCAA Finals!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT