ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Hawkeye Board Meltdown

It will take more than confidence for Iowa to win a title this year.
5337bcd5-3bdd-4b91-8037-dfef994b5e9f_text.gif

If i set the O/U in total points scored at 5.5 in the Murin/ SVN match. How many people would actually take the over? That has 3-2,2-1 match written all over it. It's gonna be a snoozefest.

If i set the O/U in total points scored at 5.5 in the Murin/ SVN match. How many people would actually take the over? That has 3-2,2-1 match written all over it. It's gonna be a snoozefest.
I will take the over.

The impact potential this match has on the dual will keep even a 2-1 match score from being boring.

Nah. Duals don’t matter. I heard it here first.
Well, that is not true. I don't remember anyone here EVER saying that. Those that were in favor of the NCAA Champ being decided by a dual meet tournament were the ones that said that under the current format duals don't matter and I remember that Brands did not agree with that. Nice try at making a straw man argument though. :cool:

Well, that is not true. I don't remember anyone here EVER saying that. Those that were in favor of the NCAA Champ being decided by a dual meet tournament were the ones that said that under the current format duals don't matter and I remember that Brands did not agree with that. Nice try at making a straw man argument though. :cool:

Exactly, this dude specializes at putting words in people's mouths that they never said..... mischaracterizing what was actually said. I'm with you - I never remember anyone here saying "Duals don't matter" - quite the opposite in fact. What has been said here is that the Team National Championship should be determined at the NCAA National Tournament using the "Tournament Team Scoring" as it always has been and should not be abandoned in favor of a National Duals Tournament, which is beyond impractical and frankly, stupid imho.

Exactly, this dude specializes at putting words in people's mouths that they never said..... mischaracterizing what was actually said. I'm with you - I never remember anyone here saying "Duals don't matter" - quite the opposite in fact. What has been said here is that the Team National Championship should be determined at the NCAA National Tournament using the "Tournament Team Scoring" as it always has been and should not be abandoned in favor of a National Duals Tournament, which is beyond impractical and frankly, stupid imho.
I mean in a way the only thing that truly matters is Nationals. He knows we've blown off getting beat at Big 10s and have even said Nationals is what matters after getting beat there.

Reactions: creamery freak
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT