ADVERTISEMENT

Black Knight Invitational

Any tips on pausing/delaying 1450 am to match up with the video on Flo?

None of the players I tried had pause capability.

Who is coaching for us today? I imagine someone is traveling with the other three.

125: Steen vs Adams (Buffalo)
2nd Round

Steen in deep with a low single but they go OOB. Adams gets in deep as Steen was setting him up but good defense stalemates it. Steen with a real nice go behind. 2-0 with a min to go in 1st. Boot in. Flattened out. Potentially Dangerous. Don’t know why. Boot and flat again. 2-0 after one with 1:10 RT.

Steen chooses bottom. He moves well from underneath; seen it in all his matches. Escape. 3-0. Good shot and finish. 5-0 Steen. Looking good this round. Gives escape. 5-1 after two. 1:11 RT.

Adams on bottom. Earns escape. 5-2. Steen shows quickness on go behind. 7-2. Cuts him. 7-3. Steen defends a shot and it’s a stalemate. Nice single from a duck. TD makes it 9-3. Good mat return. 10-3 final with riding point. Solid match.

Last edited:
141: Beau vs Morris (Army)
2nd round.

Joined it late. Beau leading 2-0. Escape TD Escape. 4-2. Beau with a nice shot and almost throws him to back. We’re seeing an aggressive Beau Bartlett. I like it. 6-2. Boot. Physical ride. Gives neutral on restart. 6-3. Shoots again. 8-3. Escape and shoots again. Can’t type fast enough to keep up with Beau’s action. It’s 10-4 after one.

Neutral start. Beau defends a shot and gets behind. 12-4. 2 mins RT. Beau throwing lots at him on top. Cuts him. 12-5. Shoots and stalling on Morris. Another shot and finish. 14-5 after two. 2:55 RT.

Neutral start given to Beau. That’s weird. 15-5. Shot and TD Beau. 17-5. Cuts him. Another shot and TD. 19-6. Cuts him. 19-7. Stays aggressive. Ends 20-7 with riding point. Very nice.

Last edited:
Levi on deck mat 1.
Barraclough on deck mat 2.
SVN on deck mat 4.
Facundo in hole mat 4.

Flo limits you to one streaming device at a time. :(

Reactions: diggerpup
If anyone saw Evans’ pin, please post about it.

Used to be able to follow brackets on Flo Arena, but looks like that's a pay site now. Brackets anywhere?

Kids look great in person, every one. Far more positives than negatives. Do wish the guys that were one point from a major or tech would release their guy and go for one more team point. Picky I know, but great “habit” to get into.
I thought of that during Steen’s last match.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Facundo loves trying to go to the body only to not finish the single, huh?
He allowed the kid to spend way too much wrestling OOB, and the Indiana kid should have been nailed for a few more stalling calls.

But, yeah. His finishes in that match needed cleaned up a bit.

Levi officially back. Social media said the kid was ranked 29th in country. Almost 4 minutes of riding time with some NF in there.
Levi had a really great win. Nation beat Isaac Judge this year and lost to Will Lewan 4-2. If he makes the finals he could have Munson who just beat Ed Scott.
Facundo’s opponent should have been stalled out. Alex took about 20 shots and Lillard only went backwards and defended by doing the splits. Loved Facundo’s attack rate even if he didn’t have a high percentage on finishes.
SVN is going to be a problem. His pace and leg attacks are very good. Still gets a bit sloppy at times like at the very end of the match but I’ll take it because it happens when he is trying to score. Kid just gets after it. He’s put on some muscle as well and seems really powerful blowing through guys on some of his tds.
Bartlett hasn’t had great competition yet but he looks like a completely different guy at 141. Was attacking all match and looked great. Really pushed the pace and was in on shot after shot. If he keeps it up he is going to have a very good year

He allowed the kid to spend way too much wrestling OOB, and the Indiana kid should have been nailed for a few more stalling calls.

But, yeah. His finishes in that match needed cleaned up a bit.
I sense our coaches are having him practice certain positions early in the year. But yea, getting the takedown at some point is essential.

197: Dean vs Wolk (BRW)
2nd Round

Big scramble saw Dean it a slight bit of trouble that I watched without worry. Then Dean gets the TD and goes to work. 10-0 after one with a potentially dangerous stoppage as Dean was turning him with 20 secs to go. 4 point tilt after restart.

Dean on bottom gets escape. 11-0. TD makes it 13-0. Max pain from top and it’s a 2nd pd TF.

Sorry freestyle but watching artists like Max Dean and Zain Retherford from top will never get old.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT