ADVERTISEMENT

Black Knight Invitational

I was stationed at Fort Drum (Watertown, NY). They got absolutely smashed by the storm. Typical horrific weather for that place.

The Hudson Valley appeared to get very little. Looks like the snow was mostly west of and on the I-81 corridor.
I was stationed at Fort Drum from 1998-2002. I remember a few lake effect snow storms. It would pile up quickly and it was the heavy, wet snow. Great times!

Anyone else just get an email that due to the number of participants they need more floor space so my seats are being eliminated. They are refunding me the purchase price and emailing me new complimentary, higher, seats?

Black Knight Invite Ticket Holder:

We are reaching out to inform you that we have to fully refund your ticket purchase in the lower chairback ($30) sections, and resend you the equivalent number of complimentary tickets in our upper chairback seating area.

We have to make this change due to the recent increase in the amount of floor space needed for this event, due to the increase in the number of participating wrestlers. To accommodate the need for increased floor space, we must remove the lower chairback seating from the arena.

Later today we will fully refund your purchase, and email an equivalent number of complimentary upper chairback tickets.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Anyone else just get an email that due to the number of participants they need more floor space so my seats are being eliminated. They are refunding me the purchase price and emailing me new complimentary, higher, seats?

We are reaching out to inform you that we have to fully refund your ticket purchase in the lower chairback ($30) sections, and resend you the equivalent number of complimentary tickets in our upper chairback seating area.

We have to make this change due to the recent increase in the amount of floor space needed for this event, due to the increase in the number of participating wrestlers. To accommodate the need for increased floor space, we must remove the lower chairback seating from the arena.

Later today we will fully refund your purchase, and email an equivalent number of complimentary upper chairback tickets.

Bad for you, good for wrestling?

Bad for you, good for wrestling?
I don’t really care, I doubt the seats are that much worse and as long as they have chair backs. Plus they are free, I guess. Just interesting if it is legit. I know someone else posted they had seats in the row in front of me.
And I don’t want to drive 2 hours to find out I really do not have seats.

But glad for the increased competition.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU

That is odd. There are only 9 teams going and limiting each school means brackets of 13-14/weight, which is a smaller field than it was in 2019. Maybe they were going to use fewer match and added seats on the floor and then decided not to do that? Only thing I can think of.

West Point isn't really Western NY, and probably doesn't get much lake effect snow. I'm seeing 0" on the ground on Weather Underground.

Buffalo, on the other hand, seems to have the Night King invading it (66" in the last 24 hours is a new state record):
From perspective of a New York State resident, West Point is nowhere near western New York. And, correct, West Point is not subject to lake effect snow.

How crazy is it that Army's schedule lists the date but not the starting time for this? It's not just them BTW, it's everything that has to do with wrestling. I swear half the reason so few people follow the sport is because the people that organize the sport do everything they can to make it difficult to watch.

Reactions: nitlion6
How crazy is it that Army's schedule lists the date but not the starting time for this? It's not just them BTW, it's everything that has to do with wrestling. I swear half the reason so few people follow the sport is because the people that organize the sport do everything they can to make it difficult to watch.
I belive it is 10 am, I know I read that somewhere, just not sure where.

Yep, email from them today because of buying tix, 10 am

Reactions: RB-Old and nitlion6
Flo has it listed as a 10am start. I still think it's ridiculous that Army's site doesn't give the start time since, you know, they're hosting the event.

I didn't have any trouble finding it at the Army website. Now brackets are another matter.

The spreadsheet lists it, but I haven't heard any confirmation or banter here about it. I assume ironhead gopsusports will have the audio? Otherwise I am here desperate for PBP all day. No Flo for me.

I pretty much only watch for the spinning circle of doom
Yeah, DeSanto looked pretty good yesterday, didn’t he?

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: PASLP2 and hlstone
The spreadsheet lists it, but I haven't heard any confirmation or banter here about it. I assume ironhead gopsusports will have the audio? Otherwise I am here desperate for PBP all day. No Flo for me.
I have rokfin, B10+ and espn+. It's so hard to not throw in for FLO but I'm holding firm out of principle...shitty practices and shitty service when you do watch an event. I hope to one day see them nearly extinct and more events being showed on other sites.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT