ADVERTISEMENT

Black Knight Invitational

Max has a possible semi-final scrap with Grammy winner E Sheeren. Wonder how that will go? Play it by ear??
Schitts Creek Lol GIF by CBC

Brackets are up on Flo Arena.

125: Steen and Shindledecker
133: No one
141: Beau and Evans
149: SVN
157: Barraclough and Haines
165: Facundo and MATT Lee
174: Kelly
184: Ball
197: Dean and Cochran
HWT: No one

Guess I’m not watching NFL again this week.

PSU seeds:

4 Steen
1 Beau
3 Evans
2 SVN
4 Barraclough
6 Haines
1 Facundo
3 MLee
4 Ball
1 Dean
3 Cochran

157 seem off. Others okay.

I feel pretty good about any tourney where or lowest seed is Levi. I'll go out on a limb and predict he finishes above seed. Even with two open weights and 4 hammers at home we should do well. I wish there were a couple of stronger schools in this tourney. No matter a solid eary season tune up, which is what is needed right now.

Reactions: mcpat
I’m loving the early schedule - watching our guys wrestle 3-5 times each weekend.

And more than 10 of them too.

Reactions: diggerpup
If folks can post mat assignments as they see them, I for one would appreciate it.

125 Steen vs Vines (Columbia)
1st round

No stream. Frozen.

Lol. It never ends with Flo.

Stream begins almost 2 mins into 1st period. 0-0. Steen taken down with 30 to go. Quick escape. 2-1 Vines after one.

Steen chooses bottom. Almost a reversal but gets escape. 2-2. Steen ducks and gets quick TD. 4-2 Steen. Riding. Escape vines after a minute riding. 4-3 Steen after two. 0:47 RT for Steen.

Vines chooses bottom. RT to 1:09 before Vines escapes. 4-4. Vines in deep on a shot hit Steen defends. Back to their feet. Steen wins 5-4 on riding point.

Last edited:
141 Beau vs Rhemrev (Indiana)
1st Round

Beau with an arm drag and quick TD. Escape. 2-1 Beau. Beau shoots, gets in deep, gets a little too aggressive going for cradle, Rhemerev gets behind Beau and Beau somehow gets the TD off camera. Escape. Beau with another shot. TD. 6-2 after one with 1:22 RT.

Rhem takes bottom. Escape. Another quick TD from Beau who is wrestling very aggressively. 8-3. 4 pt near fall and it’s 12-3. Restart on feet. Beau almost taken down but ends up on top with Rhem on his back. Close to fall but 2 and 4 and TF instead.

Last edited:
We all love the kid, but who is crowning him champ, and for what?

Ill go out on a limb to crown him BNI champ this weekend, but 165 this year is like wrestling a grizzley bear in briar patch covered in honey. If he gets AA I will be pleased. Doable for sure, but any loftier goals than that are way premature.

RBY did it his true freshman year in a field that was incredibly loaded. The rest is history.

141: Evans vs Marlow (Buffalo)
1st round
No scoring box on feed; I’ll do my best
Box appears

Evans comes out aggressive but gets out of position and then taken down. Escape and a quick Evans TD. If you haven’t watched this kid, you should. 3-3 now. Good level changes and a TD for Evans. 5-3. Cuts him. 5-4. Marlow in on shot. Stalemate. 5-4 after one.

Marlow chooses bottom. Crab ride. Marlow to feet. Great mat return. And another. RT over a minute now. Escape with 48 secs to go. 5-5. RT at 1:29. 5-5 after two. Evans was in deep when clock expired.

Evans on bottom. Out in 13 secs. 6-5 Evans with 1:16 RT. Single leg and quick finish, 8-5 Evans. Escape 8-6. Evans shoots and gets TD. 11-6 final with riding point.

Last edited:
How crazy is it that Army's schedule lists the date but not the starting time for this? It's not just them BTW, it's everything that has to do with wrestling. I swear half the reason so few people follow the sport is because the people that organize the sport do everything they can to make it difficult to watch.
It’s about 120 hours

157: Haines vs McDaniel (Army)
1st Round

Haines in on single from duck. Stalemate. Shoots again. And again. Good battle that Levi wins. 2-0 Levi. Boot in. Flattens McD. Bar. Close to a turn with the bar. Relentless on top. Escape after 1:47 RT. 2-1 after one.

Haines on bottom. 6 secs escape. 3-1 Levi. 1:40 RT. Gets behind McD and the TD. 5-1. Boot in. Flattened. Now a bar. Runs it but nothing. 5-1 after two. 3:06 RT

Neutral start to 3rd. Levi shoots, gets extended. Levi gets TD just as it looked like he was going to give it up. 7-1 Levi. Blood time. Escape. 7-2. Levi in deep no finish. OOB. Levi continues to be aggressive on feet. Close to TD as time expires. 8-2 final.

Last edited:
You have to be pleased with Beau's aggressiveness from the start of the match until the end. Evans was impressive as well in his match.Nice back up. He has really developed over the past couple of years.

Last edited:
JB with a bad set-up, imo. Floor level, has to use binoculars to even see mat 6. All this while wrestlers and coaches walk and stand in front of him. Tough!

Reactions: LOTOlion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT