ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Bassett thread

I'm out of late 50's. try to keep up with stuff that might affect young folks in my life.

The other day I found out Hawk Tuah wasn't a new Iowa war cry.
Parallels their performance in tournaments. I think I can, I think I can. So far so good but ultimately, failure and return to reality.

love this kids shirt. PSU slightly over UPJ lmao. The little brother is bigger than the Princeton coach. Will all three of these brothers be on the hs team this year.

love this kids shirt. PSU slightly over UPJ lmao. The little brother is bigger than the Princeton coach. Will all three of these brothers be on the hs team this year.
Kinda I guess, bo and keegan are brothers, Melvin is their cousin. Melvuns brothers, Mason and Erik already graduated. I am not sure what grade keegan is in.

Before anyone asks..

CSU Bakersfield, Northwestern, Hostra, West Liberty, Rider, George Mason, Parkside
Shocked Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Anything unconventional is annoying to most. I personally like that this kid is outside the box. IMO is changing the sport in ways for the better. I hope he keeps doing his thing.
Bo is really good at the whole social media thing. A lot probably aren't, and it will make for a ton of cringy amd bad videos if the trend catches.

Does anyone else think that Blaze is waiting to commit to see where Bassett & Forrest possibly go? Trying to hold out as long as possible? He seems like the type to not want to go where they are.

The more people talk about it, the more it justifies what Bo is doing. People are paying attention.
Exactly this.

Kid is a smart, media savvy, self-promoter. While many of the old, fuddy duddy, get off my lawn types out there denigrate him, this young man is using the tools at his disposal to expand his marketability, and potentially make a ton of money, in a sport that doesn’t have a big professional payout like the major sports.

As long as it doesn’t interfere with his wrestling, and that doesn’t seem likely, kudos to him and let’s bring him into the Nittany Lion family!

Does anyone else think that Blaze is waiting to commit to see where Bassett & Forrest possibly go? Trying to hold out as long as possible? He seems like the type to not want to go where they are.

No, they will likely be at different weights in college.

All three are confident in their ability to not only win a starting spot in the lineup, but also NCAA titles and Olympic medals.

Last edited:
No, they will likely be at different weights in college.

All three are confident in their ability to not only win a starting spot in the lineup, but also NCAA titles and Olympic medals.
No you misunderstood what I meant. Not avoid them as far as head to head.

I've never met the kid and barely ever watched him wrestle. I've never read one of his tweets, other than what's copied here. I'm sure he's great, but this qualifies as toolish behavior. EOM
Honestly, insulting 30+ teams for this stunt is both unnecessary and disrespectful.

I don't have my head in the sand, but simply using these small fledgling programs in this way is a bad look, while worse yet counter productive IMO.

He could have built even more 'realistic' tension and anticipation, while building his "brand" by stringing this out over two months, simply listing the 'real' top 10 programs and eliminating only one per week.

I really don't get the point at all of listing dozens of programs that have zero chance of landing him. It's a big Yawnfest, on several levels.

In a word stupid, but I'll go with Toolish as well.

I was literally wondering that same thing. I was taught not to wonder to far though, so it was never gonna be a ? I asked.

Reactions: Hardwork830
Who's to say that once it gets to the top 7, he doesn't cut but just 1 per week?

The drama is lost on me.

I am tied into the Blaze suspence. Silent but deadly! ... and respectful.
What is "suspence"? Or who is Blaze Suspence? Where does Flo have him ranked? Is he any good?

BTW, are you "Spiker" or "Jimmy Cinnabon" by any chance?

I don't buy any of the above at all.
Though I'm sure Blaze has a lot to consider, and I've read that he does not enjoy the recruiting process. FWIW.

Reactions: Sullivan
I don't buy any of the above at all.
Though I'm sure Blaze has a lot to consider, and I've read that he does not enjoy the recruiting process. FWIW.
If he doesn't enjoy it then he would probably have committed already and got it over with. That doesn't make sense to stretch it out. He is one of I think 3 who has not committed yet from the class of 2025.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
Honestly, insulting 30+ teams for this stunt is both unnecessary and disrespectful.

I don't have my head in the sand, but simply using these small fledgling programs in this way is a bad look, while worse yet counter productive IMO.

He could have built even more 'realistic' tension and anticipation, while building his "brand" by stringing this out over two months, simply listing the 'real' top 10 programs and eliminating only one per week.

I really don't get the point at all of listing dozens of programs that have zero chance of landing him. It's a big Yawnfest, on several levels.

Baby Boomers Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: Nitlion1986

Any chance you can get off your preacher's stool and give this a rest?

If he doesn't enjoy it then he would probably have committed already and got it over with. That doesn't make sense to stretch it out. He is one of I think 3 who has not committed yet from the class of 2025.
Why invent reasons for Blaze still being available?

He may be late for the 2025 class, but he's far from late historically. For example: Carter committed in mid-November of his SR year -- 4 months later than now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT