ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Bassett thread

or you are. I really hope Bo picks a team not named PSU. He has the right to do everything he is doing, and I have every right to say that I think his actions could destroy team dynamics. I mean it when I say I hope he goes elsewhere. For as good as he is on the mat, I don't think he is a good fit for our program. I hope you can appropriately grieve that I don't support your position.
I've always suspected you're a closeted Hawkeyes fan based on your posts over there. Now this post just proves it. Hope Bo picks the good guys over your Hawkeyes and we'll beat you like a "rented mule" again and again.

I want all three. Blaze is really good but averages about 2-3 points a match. Jax and Bo are more dynamics. Blaze does have wins over Jax.

Just watched a thing on Flo. They covered them at their homes and workouts. Bo has a really big PSU logo in his room. Not sure but I am taking it as a sign. Watching that video makes me like both of them even more. As a crazy NIT Lion fan, I want all three but 2 of the 3 would work well too.

That's one way to look at it. Another point of view might be the rest of us that see weirdo adults obsessing over this kid's every move. This thing could easily turn into Todd Marinovich part deux.
Marinovich's problems are well documented and were not directly due to the attention. Perhaps as a secondary effect. But his issues were about his father controlling every aspect of his life, probably before his parents' divorce, definitely ramped up after the split.

I had friends at USC at the time. They called him Marijuanavich. He was in open rebellion against his father the day he stepped on campus.

Whether or not he is successful in college, there is absolutely no way Bassett turns into another Marinovich. He has completely bought into the lifestyle.

I want all three. Blaze is really good but averages about 2-3 points a match. Jax and Bo are more dynamics. Blaze does have wins over Jax.

Just watched a thing on Flo. They covered them at their homes and workouts. Bo has a really big PSU logo in his room. Not sure but I am taking it as a sign. Watching that video makes me like both of them even more. As a crazy NIT Lion fan, I want all three but 2 of the 3 would work well too.
Blaze reminds me a ton of Lilledahl. It seems he has unlimited ways to score but is methodical and takes what his opponent gives him. Jax and Bo are go go go.

Reactions: zzs006
Marinovich's problems are well documented and were not directly due to the attention. Perhaps as a secondary effect. But his issues were about his father controlling every aspect of his life, probably before his parents' divorce, definitely ramped up after the split.

I had friends at USC at the time. They called him Marijuanavich. He was in open rebellion against his father the day he stepped on campus.

Whether or not he is successful in college, there is absolutely no way Bassett turns into another Marinovich. He has completely bought into the lifestyle.
Kolat was another who had some similar issues. Thankfully he got them straightened out.

Blaze reminds me a ton of Lilledahl. It seems he has unlimited ways to score but is methodical and takes what his opponent gives him. Jax and Bo are go go go.
I think a big similarity between Blaze and Lilledahl is that they both have no wasted movement. Everything is done with a purpose in mind and both have incredible baseline defense. Very different from Bassett and Jax especially. Jax does all kinds of crazy things to create scrambles where he is at his best. Luke and Blaze are obviously great in scrambles as well but they don’t try and create those positions like Jax

If you've ever been through the recruiting process, you'd know that it’s entirely possible to not like the overall process, and still struggle with making the decision of where you want to go.
If you've ever been through the recruiting process, you'd know that it’s entirely possible to not like the overall process, and still struggle with making the decision of where you want to go.
I've been through the recruiting process on the division 1 level. To each his own.

My mom cancelled the family National Geographic subscription.
We received a package in the mail addressed to our son. We figured it was something through the school. After he opened it he came out and said um, I don't think this is for me. It was a subscription to playboy in his name. He was 9 yearS old. It took several calls and correspondence to have it cancelled. I kept it for a laugh at a later date.

My mom cancelled the family National Geographic subscription.
We know you are an Elly May type of guy.
d0087cab-f65f-5ba7-a861-33347d3a3259__73474.1639793749.1280.1280.jpg

I think a big similarity between Blaze and Lilledahl is that they both have no wasted movement. Everything is done with a purpose in mind and both have incredible baseline defense. Very different from Bassett and Jax especially. Jax does all kinds of crazy things to create scrambles where he is at his best. Luke and Blaze are obviously great in scrambles as well but they don’t try and create those positions like Jax
Zain is an excellent comparison here. Blaze and Lilledahl aren't nearly as physically brutal. But Zain was always very efficient: feet constantly moving but with a purpose, constant pressure, always going forward, never a step back (except maybe a half-step during a disengagement), always in good hand/foot/hip/head position, very few risky shots, etc.

We received a package in the mail addressed to our son. We figured it was something through the school. After he opened it he came out and said um, I don't think this is for me. It was a subscription to playboy in his name. He was 9 yearS old. It took several calls and correspondence to have it cancelled. I kept it for a laugh at a later date.
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: diggerpup
That's like saying you would take one supermodel over 3 other supermodels, even though all are supermodels. Super genius, I tell ya...
No that's not like saying I'll take one supermodel over another not even close. It's based on preference and perception. I think some supermodels are ugly as shit so there's that

Does Bassett’s extended fiction of still considering 52 of 73 original schools harm anyone? Nah, though Goggles may need to watch those blood pressure spikes. The kid didn’t create recruitment’s current playing field. Does he use social media to add drama, clicks, and income? Yep, and his talent and results draw a rapt audience. If he becomes a Lion, great. If not, we’ll muddle through.
Gotta admit, he's got me curious on who wins the sweepstakes.

My bet is both Jax and Bo will be a package deal to Oky state. Just like Ryan's greatest recruiting class in history, they thought they would change the collegiate landscape. I think they will buy in to the idea that they will form the cornerstone of the squad DT is putting together to compete and win vs PSU. That, and of course, obscene NIL packages. That story certainly is enticing.

I'm the case of both tOSU and OSU, their predictions will prove incorrect.

I hope we Blaze our own path. ;-)

My bet is both Jax and Bo will be a package deal to Oky state. Just like Ryan's greatest recruiting class in history, they thought they would change the collegiate landscape. I think they will buy in to the idea that they will form the cornerstone of the squad DT is putting together to compete and win vs PSU. That, and of course, obscene NIL packages. That story certainly is enticing.

For family reasons, I think Bo goes no further away from home than tOSU..

Not ruling out it could happen but I think Bo and Jax have made it very clear they aren't a package. I'm sure they'll get pushed to be one at times but both are looking at recruiting from an individual perspective.

Bo however is almost a lock to be a package with Melvin Miller (and obviously Keegan one day)

Not ruling out it could happen but I think Bo and Jax have made it very clear they aren't a package. I'm sure they'll get pushed to be one at times but both are looking at recruiting from an individual perspective.

Bo however is almost a lock to be a package with Melvin Miller (and obviously Keegan one day)
How good is Keegan? Going to be as good as Bo?

How good is Keegan? Going to be as good as Bo?
No idea because candidly, I don't follow nor put stock into middle school results but it seems he's winning everything left and right at his age group. He's entering HS next year but I'm not sure he's partaken in HS tournaments yet. Bo made S32 finals as an 8th grader (losing to Knox) and won Cadet Worlds at 99 so he seems a bit behind Bo at the same age (though that might be a good thing!)

Reactions: zzs006
No idea because candidly, I don't follow nor put stock into middle school results but it seems he's winning everything left and right at his age group. He's entering HS next year but I'm not sure he's partaken in HS tournaments yet. Bo made S32 finals as an 8th grader (losing to Knox) and won Cadet Worlds at 99 so he seems a bit behind Bo at the same age (though that might be a good thing!)
Have our "Get off my lawn" old farts already told Cael to not recruit the kid? He may eventually partake in social media and be a team distraction.

Have our "Get off my lawn" old farts already told Cael to not recruit the kid? He may eventually partake in social media and be a team distraction.
It's okay Mr Bassett. Everyone actually does love your son. No disrespect intended by random internet postings. lol

• Angry
Reactions: hlstone
It's okay Mr Bassett. Everyone actually does love your son. No disrespect intended by random internet postings. lol
No disrespect intended? Hell, you don't know the kid and have already labeled him a team distraction and openly stated you hope he goes anyplace not named Penn State. I will hate to see it when you decide to disrespect him or any other kid.

You don't be being a **** very well, but you have been giving it a good go lately. You should probably just concentrate on being a wrestling fan, you seem to do that well.

Reactions: Agoodnap
No disrespect intended? Hell, you don't know the kid and have already labeled him a team distraction and openly stated you hope he goes anyplace not named Penn State. I will hate to see it when you decide to disrespect him or any other kid.

You don't be being a dick very well, but you have been giving it a good go lately. You should probably just concentrate on being a wrestling fan, you seem to do that well.
Do you realize this forum is quickly becoming what the Iowa forum was 15 years ago with its superiority complex and condescending attitudes? Probably not because most people don't have any self awareness. This forum has become suffocating to any thoughts not part of the group think. I have decided to be that contrarion person. The guy who points out the flaws. I guess I am Spooner.

For the record, I have never said that Bo is a bad kid. I have never said that he isn't allowed to obtain the American dream. I have said that his personal marketing is insulting to other programs and I personally do not approve of that tactic. If you disagree, that is fine. But I will not be bullied. You should put me on ignore because I have no use for your attempts at bullying. Have a great evening.

For family reasons, I think Bo goes no further away from home than tOSU..
You're absolutely insane if you think that has anything to do with it. This is a wrestling family and they are all in. If Bo chooses Iowa or Okie State I would bet the Bassett family moves out there where Bo is. I think the only school that won't offer Bassett dad some sort of job is PSU. Iowa, tOSU, and every other program will try to get the dad a job just to get Bo. Cael isn't going to do that though.

Do you realize this forum is quickly becoming what the Iowa forum was 15 years ago with its superiority complex and condescending attitudes? Probably not because most people don't have any self awareness. This forum has become suffocating to any thoughts not part of the group think. I have decided to be that contrarion person. The guy who points out the flaws. I guess I am Spooner.

For the record, I have never said that Bo is a bad kid. I have never said that he isn't allowed to obtain the American dream. I have said that his personal marketing is insulting to other programs and I personally do not approve of that tactic. If you disagree, that is fine. But I will not be bullied. You should put me on ignore because I have no use for your attempts at bullying. Have a great evening.
The Iowa board has always had the ability to throw shit at kids without a thought. You haven't called Bo a bad kid, really? You are developing a HR skill. Disparage a kid and deny that was your intent.

Wrestling existed 15 years ago?

You're absolutely insane if you think that has anything to do with it. This is a wrestling family and they are all in. If Bo chooses Iowa or Okie State I would bet the Bassett family moves out there where Bo is. I think the only school that won't offer Bassett dad some sort of job is PSU. Iowa, tOSU, and every other program will try to get the dad a job just to get Bo. Cael isn't going to do that though.

Do you know the family?

Also, what would you like to wager on them relocating?

Last edited:
Do you know the family?

Also, what would you like to wager on them relocating?
Yep and anything you want. It would 100% be a Larry Lee situation where Larry moved closer to Spencer in Iowa. Bill and his wife are all in great parents and this opportunity only comes once.

Yep and anything you want. It would 100% be a Larry Lee situation where Larry moved closer to Spencer in Iowa. Bill and his wife are all in great parents and this opportunity only comes once.
Then you know exactly how tight this family is from grand parents, uncles down to the kids. I stand by what I said, that family IS NOT leaving the area..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT