ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Bassett thread

I just formed a club called the "Outsiders", and I am the charter member. All members are automatically enrolled in his "Outer circle".

Our core principles are:
1). BB is an immense talent on the mat, and a top target.
2). If he truly wants to reach his ultimate potential, there is only one program that will get him there.
3). Recruiting? Wake us when it is November.

Below is our innagural class of pledges.

The Big Bang Theory Young Sheldon GIF by CBS

It’s kind of funny we have all our opinions on this kid and his social media, but was told Cael and staff are going all in to get him. Will we all change and love him like we do Carter.
Bo posts positive things and helps the youth. Carter talks about pissing on people’s graves. The same people on here ripping this kid up will be the first ones posing for pics with him if he picks PSU.

Again most of us on here were a fraction of the wrestler he is, as was our kids. This kid could pick any school. Personally I hope he picks psu.

It’s kind of funny we have all our opinions on this kid and his social media, but was told Cael and staff are going all in to get him. Will we all change and love him like we do Carter.
Bo posts positive things and helps the youth. Carter talks about pissing on people’s graves. The same people on here ripping this kid up will be the first ones posing for pics with him if he picks PSU.

Again most of us on here were a fraction of the wrestler he is, as was our kids. This kid could pick any school. Personally I hope he picks psu.
Just curious, which of your sources told you Cael is all in on Bo? Was it the ones who told you Jax is a lock to OSU? Or is it those who are telling you Jax is leaning PSU? I personally think you're right, Cael is in on Bo. I have no sources tho..

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
Confused-

I am only seeing an email signup to be in his inner circle. I am not a marketing person but this kid has some good things going for himself & future. Dang at his age I used to ride my bikes around tossing papers for .15 per. Kudos to him he has us old heads all worked up and spilling our coffees over his different approach

Confused-

I am only seeing an email signup to be in his inner circle. I am not a marketing person but this kid has some good things going for himself & future. Dang at his age I used to ride my bikes around tossing papers for .15 per. Kudos to him he has us old heads all worked up and spilling our coffees over his different approach
and .. he is striking during the slow season of his sport (where fans are desperate for news)

Pretty sure he's not charging for recruiting updates. I added my email out of curiousity to see what he's charging and I was signed up without request for payment of any kind.
yea he never mentioned a charge in the video so I assumed it was just a mailing list for now. The fact that hes going to be sending out that content and his instructionals for free is surprising but obviously a good thing

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
yea he never mentioned a charge in the video so I assumed it was just a mailing list for now. The fact that hes going to be sending out that content and his instructionals for free is surprising but obviously a good thing
It's definitely a case where the host site (Max Effort Muscle) is giving him good NIL deal to do this in exchange for website traction. The kid knows business, I imagine he's well aware despite the fact he is the most followed wrestling recruitment ever, nobody will pay money for updates on schools. Not even football and basketball players do this (although big websites like this one kind of act as a catch all)

There was one football player in the past that charged a fee for individual recruiting updates, Bryce Brown (done through a handler) .... shockingly he did not come close to living up to the hype.

Reactions: vhsalum
From Flo

Schools that remain on Bo's Recruiting List:

• Air Force
  • American
  • Arizona State
  • Brown
  • Bucknell
  • Clarion
  • Cornell
  • Iowa
  • Iowa State
  • Lehigh
  • Little Rock
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Missouri
  • NC State
  • Nebraska
  • North Carolina
  • Northern Colorado
  • Northern Iowa
  • Ohio State
  • Oklahoma
  • Oklahoma State
  • Oregon State
  • Penn
  • Penn State
  • Pitt
  • Pitt-Johnstown
  • Princeton
  • Purdue
  • Rutgers
  • Stanford
  • Virginia
  • Virginia Tech
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!! Sorry, couldn't resist ;-) I'm all in on Bo to PSU. He will be an all-time great and 10 years from now we will all be talking about how far ahead of the wrestling world he was with his social media savviness. I bet Cael is all in on him.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!! Sorry, couldn't resist ;-) I'm all in on Bo to PSU. He will be an all-time great and 10 years from now we will all be talking about how far ahead of the wrestling world he was with his social media savviness. I bet Cael is all in on him.
This is so true. Kid is ahead in wrestling and light years ahead on social media. He seriously is helping grow wrestling. Anyone who hates on him needs to watch any interview with him. Seems like a clean cut, Nittany Lion to me. Cael and company aren’t letting Bo out of the state.

I love how people attack differing opinions on a message board as if even typing the words is heresy. Has anyone noticed that the number of people who are less supportive of Bo’s marketing ploy is growing over time?

Reactions: jayridescarbon
I love how people attack differing opinions on a message board as if even typing the words is heresy. Has anyone noticed that the number of people who are less supportive of Bo’s marketing ploy is growing over time?

Persecution complex much? I'm also not a big fan of his social media but what do I know? He's not hurting anyone. And he's definitely not a total arsehat like certain members of a sports car family. If he's generating buzz, good for him. If Cael is all in for him, who am I to disagree.

@Lovethissport
Edit: probably too harsh I don't give a rats arse how many letters you have or matches you've been in. Hating on a teenager for harmless social media posts is extremely lame, in my opinion. Even more lame, wishing a top tier recruit to Iowa. At least wish him to UPJ.

Last edited:
Persecution complex much? I'm also not a big fan of his social media but what do I know? He's not hurting anyone. And he's definitely not a total arsehat like certain members of a sports car family. If he's generating buzz, good for him. If Cael is all in for him, who am I to disagree.

@Lovethissport
Edit: probably too harsh I don't give a rats arse how many letters you have or matches you've been in. Hating on a teenager for harmless social media posts is extremely lame, in my opinion. Even more lame, wishing a top tier recruit to Iowa. At least wish him to UPJ.
I don't enjoy this level of social media attention / usage either. I won't say a whole lot more about it, I just ignore it. And I'll continue to ignore the kid's social media stuff outside of his wrestling matches, insights on training, and other wrestling related talk. I like to hear their on training and wrestling related topics.

Soon enough we will know where he is wrestling, just like any other recruit in any other sport ever. Hell I remember when BWI was a print magazine and prior when we had maybe only newsletters. And I survived back then waiting until signing day, lol.

Bo and Melvin Miller were on a local show "The Zone with Referee Rich". Hoping most were able to catch it so the whiners can whine about his excessive exposure.

Count me in on being nonplussed about the Bo sweepstakes. I’d bet he’s actually a nice kid . . . and that PSU has a 17.5% chance of getting him, BUT, like the Nicky Nails saga, …. his ridiculous string of “look at me”
posts reflects an excessive brand focus. I spent a fair amount of my professional life living inside one of Americas greatest Brand building stories ….. and I can tell you without reservation that Bo does not know how it’s done. Who ever advises him should move to Iran where his talents will be better appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT