ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Bassett thread

Count me in on being nonplussed about the Bo sweepstakes. I’d bet he’s actually a nice kid . . . and that PSU has a 17.5% chance of getting him, BUT, like the Nicky Nails saga, …. his ridiculous string of “look at me”
posts reflects an excessive brand focus. I spent a fair amount of my professional life living inside one of Americas greatest Brand building stories ….. and I can tell you without reservation that Bo does not know how it’s done. Who ever advises him should move to Iran where his talents will be better appreciated.
Saying he doesn’t know how it’s done while we have pages and pages of people for and against the kid show your statement isn’t true at all. I think maybe things have changed a bit since your time.

Count me in on being nonplussed about the Bo sweepstakes. I’d bet he’s actually a nice kid . . . and that PSU has a 17.5% chance of getting him, BUT, like the Nicky Nails saga, …. his ridiculous string of “look at me”
posts reflects an excessive brand focus. I spent a fair amount of my professional life living inside one of Americas greatest Brand building stories ….. and I can tell you without reservation that Bo does not know how it’s done. Who ever advises him should move to Iran where his talents will be better appreciated.
"We know better" is the rationale of dinosaur companies that get disrupted out of business, for example Blockbuster rejecting a $50M offer to buy Netflix, or Nokia ignoring smartphone development.

The attention he's getting and the NIL deal he signed say he knows how it's done better than some experts.

Gotta give Bo credit, he seems quite confident he's going to produce up to all the hype and pressure (to produce) that he's putting on himself. As for what type of kid he is, Bo is as well mannered, polite and humble as they come if you talk to him out in the real world. I'm an old fart that hasn't yet embraced all this social media stuff but I damn sure hope he goes to PSU. I still like Jax a tiny bit better tho... lol

1 “I don’t like Bo Bassett’s social media approach”
2 Opens the Bb Thread every week
3. “I still don’t like BB”

One could always, you know, not open a thread that you know is about something that bothers you so much

Happy Gary Vaynerchuk GIF by Russell Brunson

When you have Livvy Dunne the gymnast from LSU making a couple million dollars a year based off of her social media presence, can't blame other athletes for trying to duplicate that success. Most of us cannot relate too it and we don't have too.
So what you're saying is that half of this board would embrace Bassett if he starts dating a Pirates pitcher ... and then toss him overboard when that pitcher signs a big contract with a major market team?

PS, IDK if Skenes would be inclined to sign elsewhere on his own, but if they stay together, they're not staying in Pittsburgh. She can't market herself there any more than Kate Upton could in Houston. And she's from Bergen County NJ -- wealthy suburb of NYC.

So what you're saying is that half of this board would embrace Bassett if he starts dating a Pirates pitcher ... and then toss him overboard when that pitcher signs a big contract with a major market team?

PS, IDK if Skenes would be inclined to sign elsewhere on his own, but if they stay together, they're not staying in Pittsburgh. She can't market herself there any more than Kate Upton could in Houston. And she's from Bergen County NJ -- wealthy suburb of NYC.

Maybe I'm missing something here.... Is the internet not accessible in Pittsburgh? Dunne will do fine anywhere with an internet connection.

Also, the Pirates have Skenes for at least 6 years through arbitration. Unless they sell him for a bag of rocks to the Yankees or Dodgers, which wouldn't be terribly surprising.

I love how people attack differing opinions on a message board as if even typing the words is heresy. Has anyone noticed that the number of people who are less supportive of Bo’s marketing ploy is growing over time?
As much as you hate the idea that Bassett might potentially come to PSU or Bassett's recruiting process is driving you crazy, yet you can't help yourself but coming to a Basset thread and comment on it. Why? Are you off on your medication or something?

Reactions: KCLion
Wait so Skenes dumped Livy for Bo. Now he is coming to psu for sure. Thats the cliff notes I got from the last ten jealous posts.

The kid is one of the best to ever wrestle in PA. We are all fools to think Cael isn’t on a full court press

Wait so Skenes dumped Livy for Bo. Now he is coming to psu for sure. Thats the cliff notes I got from the last ten jealous posts.

The kid is one of the best to ever wrestle in PA. We are all fools to think Cael isn’t on a full court press
I believe Cael and Bo already know where Bo is going to go. The mystery belongs to everybody else.

Reactions: goldenanimal
Bo is going to be a tough out for anyone that toes the line with him.

I like the cut of his jib.
I learn so much on this Forum : )

Where does the cut of his jib come from?

The term originated in the sailing navies of the mid-18th century, when the nationality of warships sighted at sea could be accurately determined by the shape of their jib long before the national flag could be seen.

I learn so much on this Forum : )

Where does the cut of his jib come from?

The term originated in the sailing navies of the mid-18th century, when the nationality of warships sighted at sea could be accurately determined by the shape of their jib long before the national flag could be seen.
I’ve earned my masters in general studies while reading this forum!😉

"We know better" is the rationale of dinosaur companies that get disrupted out of business, for example Blockbuster rejecting a $50M offer to buy Netflix, or Nokia ignoring smartphone development.

The attention he's getting and the NIL deal he signed say he knows how it's done better than some experts.
You forgot IBM and laptops! Lol We don't need to build no stinkin laptops!

Saying he doesn’t know how it’s done while we have pages and pages of people for and against the kid show your statement isn’t true at all. I think maybe things have changed a bit since your time.
Creating noise is a hellofa lot different than creating a brand. Self aggrandizement actually decreases the long term value of a brand. I’d bet you dollars to donuts that his dad is what we used to call a “skating mom” (more recently called a “soccer mom”).

You forgot IBM and laptops! Lol We don't need to build no stinkin laptops!
Xerox - This Alto computer is neat, but we are a printer company. Hey Steve Jobs, you can come look at the Alto if you let us buy some Apple stock options.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Creating noise is a hellofa lot different than creating a brand. Self aggrandizement actually decreases the long term value of a brand. I’d bet you dollars to donuts that his dad is what we used to call a “skating mom” (more recently called a “soccer mom”).
I'd bet you dollars to donuts that his dad is what we used to call a "coach" (more recently called a "coach").

Reactions: Nitlion1986
I'd bet you dollars to donuts that his dad is what we used to call a "coach" (more recently called a "coach").
And you mentioned father, dad, pops... someone invested in seeing his child become the best version of himself. On and off the mat.

My guess is Bo will be hugely successful in whatever he decides to do outside of wrestling. Hopefully he gets it started with a PSU diploma on his wall.

And you mentioned father, dad, pops... someone invested in seeing his child become the best version of himself. On and off the mat.

My guess is Bo will be hugely successful in whatever he decides to do outside of wrestling. Hopefully he gets it started with a PSU diploma on his wall.
Also: where do people get the idea that the parents of our wrestlers have all been content to sit on their hands and not actively manage their kids careers, especially during their kids' youth and high school?

Also: where do people get the idea that the parents of our wrestlers have all been content to sit on their hands and not actively manage their kids careers, especially during their kids' youth and high school?
You mean like another Bo's dad?

How many teams are left ?
How many weeks are left ?
Is there a decision day announced ?
Any big names removed yet ?

I think those that are on here bashing BO, are either trolls hoping he thinks PSU fans hate on him so he doesn’t pick PSU, or very jealous people who hate he is doing well.

Well if that's the case...

Hey BO! Do you see all these PSU fans hating on you for simply marketing yourself at the thing you do well? You really want to wrestle for these old fuddy duddies who's coach has to have music pumped into their sold out (tiny) arena just so he won't have to hear the un-original WE ARE 347 times a dual?

You don't. They're all buttholes and Cael said he can't stand the amount of social media you do. Thinks you clearly are a selfish, unhinged, Gen Z, social media obssessive.

I also heard Cael has the ability to shadow ban all of your social media presence. Think you'll grow your brand more wrestling for that guy? nope.

Just the facts Bo.

Well if that's the case...

Hey BO! Do you see all these PSU fans hating on you for simply marketing yourself at the thing you do well? You really want to wrestle for these old fuddy duddies who's coach has to have music pumped into their sold out (tiny) arena just so he won't have to hear the un-original WE ARE 347 times a dual?

You don't. They're all buttholes and Cael said he can't stand the amount of social media you do. Thinks you clearly are a selfish, unhinged, Gen Z, social media obssessive.

I also heard Cael has the ability to shadow ban all of your social media presence. Think you'll grow your brand more wrestling for that guy? nope.

Just the facts Bo.
Why are you being an internet asswipe? Go back to pretending you wrestled for Tom Brands.

When you have Livvy Dunne the gymnast from LSU making a couple million dollars a year based off of her social media presence, can't blame other athletes for trying to duplicate that success. Most of us cannot relate too it and we don't have too.
I hate to break it to Bassett, but he doesn't have the tits to make money like Dunne does.

He was hacked sir. A VICTIM.
This is great. I dare you to go over and engage Liberty Lover with this comment. It's been so long without significant Ferrari discussion that he's bound to swallow - bait, line and sinker.

With your current reputation over there, that thread would have a high probability of combustion. Potential great off-season entertainment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT