ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Bassett thread

Do you know the family?

Also, what would you like to wager on them relocating?
Mind blowing that you think the #1 wrestler in the country and the biggest name in high school wrestling since Spencer would make a decision that will dictate the next 10 years of his life because of distance. If he feels a place like Iowa or Okie is the right place then his family will do what the need to do to help him succeed.

Reactions: WildTurk and js8793
Then you know exactly how tight this family is from grand parents, uncles down to the kids. I stand by what I said, that family IS NOT leaving the area..
I personally think he goes to Penn State. But, like I'm saying if it was Iowa or Okie they would do what's best for their kid.

Mind blowing that you think the #1 wrestler in the country and the biggest name in high school wrestling since Spencer would make a decision that will dictate the next 10 years of his life because of distance. If he feels a place like Iowa or Okie is the right place then his family will do what the need to do to help him succeed.
And again, I stand by what I said, he goes no further than tOSU.

I personally think he goes to Penn State. But, like I'm saying if it was Iowa or Okie they would do what's best for their kid.
No one is saying they don't want what's best for the kid. I'm saying there are future endeavors of theirs that will be considered and building on what they've already created in our area....with and around other family members. And they can do that close to the new epicenter of wrestling in America. There's a reason Cael came to PA. I also think there's gonna be a reason the Bassett family continues to build their on what they've created right here in Pennsylvania. Just considering what college uniform he wears imo is being shortsighted. Let's agree to disagree. We will all find out soon enough so no use arguing about it.

My bet is both Jax and Bo will be a package deal to Oky state. Just like Ryan's greatest recruiting class in history, they thought they would change the collegiate landscape. I think they will buy in to the idea that they will form the cornerstone of the squad DT is putting together to compete and win vs PSU. That, and of course, obscene NIL packages. That story certainly is enticing.

I'm the case of both tOSU and OSU, their predictions will prove incorrect.

I hope we Blaze our own path. ;-)
Maybe I’m totally off on this. But I view Blaze, Jax, Bo, and Luke L as this group of young lightweights beating senior levels guy at a level we haven’t seen as a group. Transcendent talents and we have one in the room. If Cael gets one more I think that’s going to be very hard for anyone to compete with in the next 4 years, if DT somehow landed the other 3 that would give me some pause as it would not just be 3 national title contenders out the gate, but also signal to other recruits that they should buy in. All these guys should be looked at as 10-12 year investments.
My bet is both Jax and Bo will be a package deal to Oky state. Just like Ryan's greatest recruiting class in history, they thought they would change the collegiate landscape. I think they will buy in to the idea that they will form the cornerstone of the squad DT is putting together to compete and win vs PSU. That, and of course, obscene NIL packages. That story certainly is enticing.

I'm the case of both tOSU and OSU, their predictions will prove incorrect.

I hope we Blaze our own path. ;-)
Maybe I’m totally off on this. But I view Blaze, Jax, Bo, and Luke L as this group of young lightweights beating senior levels guy at a level we haven’t seen as a group. Transcendent talents and we have one in the room. If Cael gets one more I think that’s going to be very hard for anyone to compete with in the next 4 years, if DT somehow landed the other 3 that would give me some pause as it would not just be 3 national title contenders out the gate, but also signal to other recruits that they should buy in. All these guys should be looked at as 10-12 year investments.

I think Cael is pretty damn close to having things locked down the next 4 years as it stands now. Bo and Jax won't be in a college room for 2 more seasons. Miller 3, Keegan 4. If Cael somehow lands Blaze I'm thinking it's definitely game over for everyone else for the next 4 years. The others better break out their check books and even then it'll be for 2nd place. Lol

we all know college wrestling is much tougher than high school wrestling there have been many very good kids that just dont make it in college plus injuries!

Reactions: creamery freak
Comparing Bassetts to the Lees is something. I'm pretty sure Spencer even lived in Colorado for a bit growing up. There is a reason why Bill opted to build up a program at McCort when they decided Forrest Hills wasn't for them, they didn't want to leave the area.
A lot of family nearby and younger family talent coming who still need developing. I could be full of baloney but I do believe some of us are going to have to suffer through Bo's social media skills just ruining his repeated Blue and White wins. Oh my, the tragedy of it all.

Comparing Bassetts to the Lees is something. I'm pretty sure Spencer even lived in Colorado for a bit growing up. There is a reason why Bill opted to build up a program at McCort when they decided Forrest Hills wasn't for them, they didn't want to leave the area.
I agree that the Bassetts seem very tied to the area, but where is this idea that they have to relocate to where Bo wrestles coming from? Yes, the Lee's did it, but I don't think that's very typical.

Plus, the Bassetts seem like they have the means to fly to Iowa City or Stillwater every weekend to never miss a match if that's where Bo wants to go.

Reactions: WildTurk and zzs006
I agree that the Bassetts seem very tied to the area, but where is this idea that they have to relocate to where Bo wrestles coming from? Yes, the Lee's did it, but I don't think that's very typical.

Plus, the Bassetts seem like they have the means to fly to Iowa City or Stillwater every weekend to never miss a match if that's where Bo wants to go.
Doesn't David have a pilots license?

The 7 eliminated this week...

Indiana, Maryland, Millersville, Cal Poly, West Virginia, The Citadel, Columbia
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Interesting idea, but only works if he did it at-random like a lottery and committed to a 1-year NIL deal to the last remaining school. Then repeats for year 2, 3, 4. Maybe horrible developmentally, but it’d certainly create the attention he seeks.

Yeah. This is a bridge too far for me. Not hating on the kid, and I guess he has a market for this - but i couldn't imagine being a college coach and signing up for a high school's kids "insider" page.
No college coaches are gonna pay to be an insider.

That's for message board dorks who every week can't wait to post about how offended they are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT