ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Bassett thread

Some Ohio State buzz on Bassett (and Blaze):

They don’t seem optimistic about Blaze (or Bassett) (general feeling was that Blaze favoring PSU):
—————-
tnwrestling
Posted on 17 hrs, , User Since 4 months ago, User Post Count: 7

• 17 hrs
  • 4 months
PCSjr said... (original post) Don’t post much but got a tip from very good source that Bassett and Blaze both going elsewhere and only chance with Blaze is his relationship with S...
show more
I've heard Blaze is pretty much a lock to go elsewehre but Bo is kiiiiiiiinda still on the table. Albeit its a small table.
Cory Falbo
Posted on 93 mins, , User Since 80 months ago, User Post Count: 1115

• 93 mins
  • 80 months
I don't think that Bassett knows where he is going but I do think he will go to the power program that offers him the most NIL. My inkling is that Iowa will produce a huge package for him. As far as Blaze goes I think it will be PSU. He just came back from worlds which is basically a huge recruiting trip for PSU with 4 of their wrestlers earning world medals

————————

Setting off the stuff not written by me. I thought the italics were enough, but it seems like some think they are quoting me

Last edited:
I do think he will go to the power program that offers him the most NIL. My inkling is that Iowa will produce a huge package for him.
The slumlord will definitely toss more money at Bo than likely any recruit or transfer so far. I suspect Uncle Carmine will 'produce a huge package for him' as well.

As you all know, I have little patience for the weekly inner circle elimination charade, but Bo's self promotion doesn't necessarily immediately translate to simply going to the highest bidder. I think he is more sophisticated than that, plus where he can best meet his goals on the mat as well as in his checking account will have to balance.

Once you get past the biggest doner(s) a bit of NIL $ comes down to those kids with the biggest social media following and the most drive to get it. I think Bo will get significant ancillary NIL dollars based upon his organic efforts no matter where he goes.

Reactions: bwfight
Does slumlord moneybags tag along on recruiting trips as well?
I would think so. Otherwise how does he offer 10,000 for filling out an application? Probably also wants to ask Mrs. Bassett if she was ever one of those ski lodge bunnies. You know, just in case and if anybody takes offense and doesn't understand the joke he can just make it 15,000 to fill out the application.

Anyone know who lives across the street from the Bassett home? We could throw a welcoming party for each staff. Complete with tanning beds, oranges, and a name tag for Bobby Telford.
We could have huge posters made of Desanto, Murin, Marinelli, Kemerer, Warner, and Cassioppi to plant in the front yard on the 13th.

September 11 Update:

Bo changed up his weekly update, this time eliminating only one program from contention. NC State was not included in Bassett's latest school list.

Bo also presented his upcoming schedule, with 10 home visits on the docket before his first official visit, which he'll take September 20-22 at Michigan.

Home Visits:

September 11 - Missouri

September 12 - Ohio State

September 13 - Iowa

September 13 - Virginia Tech

September 14 - Cornell

September 15 - Iowa State

September 16 - Arizona State

September 17 - Princeton

September 19 - Penn State
I guess he doesn't need a home visit from UPJ since he can go there anytime he wants?

He should have made Iowa and Iowa State the same day. Just to see the potential fireworks if they happen to be there at the same time.
And have Iowa State go first and bring the Bassett family a very large fruit basket with Oranges and ask kindly to display it proudly on the kitchen/ DR table.
joker orange GIF by Joko GIFs

We could have huge posters made of Desanto, Murin, Marinelli, Kemerer, Warner, and Cassioppi to plant in the front yard on the 13th.
Rent the lawn from the across the street neighbor for those 2 weeks. Have a nice 4'X8' sign staked into the group stating each teams results the last decade ..... "Iowa 1 team championship 2 Individual champion in the last decade." (example, have no idea of the correct numbers and don't care to look). Change for each team daily. The numbers for the last visit will certainly drive the point home. And I am (semi) just kidding here. Might be cringy.

Rent the lawn from the across the street neighbor for those 2 weeks. Have a nice 4'X8' sign staked into the group stating each teams results the last decade ..... "Iowa 1 team championship 2 Individual champion in the last decade." (example, have no idea of the correct numbers and don't care to look). Change for each team daily. The numbers for the last visit will certainly drive the point home. And I am (semi) just kidding here. Might be cringy.
Subtle approach: 2 signs, no words, only gold medals with school color lanyards. PSU on one sign, other remaining schools on the other.

Reactions: SJP80
2 Brands, 1 Title! The new 2 Girls, 1 Cup!

The big take from this is: Ryan appears to have made the visit without assistance. Good.

Actually, the real big take is how much weight Stieber has put on. The vegan needs to eat a salad.

The big take from this is: Ryan appears to have made the visit without assistance. Good.

Actually, the real big take is how much weight Stieber has put on. The vegan needs to eat a salad.

Looks like someone is using the crutches in the background of the pic.

Good to see Tom up and about.

Forgive me for a tangent based on your comment. My stepdaughter growing up was vegan because she didn't want to harm poor, defenseless, delicious animals. She ended up getting fat because she was eating so many carbs trying to stay vegan. In the end, once she moved out of the house and had to start buying her own food; poor, defenseless, delicious, relatively cheap animal protein was just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT