ADVERTISEMENT

David Taylor to Oklahoma State & related news

If Dake has coaching aspirations, hard to imagine him taking pennies on the dollar to be DT’s sidekick.
You’re probably right but RTC HC isn’t much of a headache and I don’t have a clue what Richison would be willing to pay him… All I know is Richison is funding the the RTC and he dang sure didn’t underpay DT. I’ll also say that the rumors have only intensified due to us doing absolutely nothing with the RTC even though DT has been vocal about it being a top priority. People who would know still float it. 🤞

I read the posts there, usually I stick on home boards only but you have piqued my interest!

Also, the posts there to be honest are relatively tame for a message board (compared to let's say .... another board I won't mention) so calling the crew "touchier" shows you have a high standard for class, well done!

Chasepollard is a dbag. Other than that, 34 is good. It's nice to see it more active with the excitement of DT coming in.

Chasepollard is a dbag. Other than that, 34 is good. It's nice to see it more active with the excitement of DT coming in.
Just went over there and saw him contrasting the unmanly Ross from Friends and Cosmo Kramer from Seinfeld with “manly” Southern equivalents like Lonesome Dove and, checks notes, Top Gun 😂 Yup Tom “Cruise” and that homoerotic volleyball scene are manly alright. As I said there, that comment reminded me of the time Homer Simpson took Bart to the Steel Mill to keep him from turning gay

https://youtu.be/yfgs9FRD25M?si=czpwq-3UoJi0UfAf

Chase isn’t as bad as he seems with y’all around. He honestly has a problem with PSU due to the Sandusky deal. I hate Baylor in the same way so I’m not sure I’m much better. Baylor is just a much worse case because it was systemic from the BOR to the local police and it’s just one controversy after another.

Chase isn’t as bad as he seems with y’all around. He honestly has a problem with PSU due to the Sandusky deal. I hate Baylor in the same way so I’m not sure I’m much better. Baylor is just a much worse case because it was systemic from the BOR to the local police and it’s just one controversy after another.
He was legitimately banned from here. His recent comments there are still out of line, trashy and unnecessary. I'm surprised he's allowed to say his sh't over there, but he is a Moderator. Curious to see if he pops up here under a new moniker.

He was legitimately banned from here. And his comments are still out of line. I'm surprised he's allowed to say his sh't over there, but he is a Moderator. Curious to see if he pops up here under a new moniker.
No he's honestly not a troll. He wouldn't go to the trouble to try and back door in just to rile yall up. He and I are the mods over there and we've talked alittle about it since the Turk situation and I told him I encouraged yall to interact more on 34. I'm not trying to white knight for him, but it's honestly his one thing where he goes off. I've known him a long time and it's a PSU thing.

No he's honestly not a troll. He wouldn't go to the trouble to try and back door in just to rile yall up. He and I are the mods over there and we've talked alittle about it since the Turk situation and I told him I encouraged yall to interact more on 34. I'm not trying to white knight for him, but it's honestly his one thing where he goes off. I've known him a long time and it's a PSU thing.
Since you mentioned Turk, and I'm not standing up for anyone here, but how Chase responded to Turk made him come off as a baby. Someone who likes to dish it out, but can't take it. Someone who doesn't like people disagreeing with him. A quick temper. Not the best qualities for a Mod. At least you're level-headed and fair.

Since you mentioned Turk, and I'm not standing up for anyone here, but how Chase responded to Turk made him come off as a baby. Someone who likes to dish it out, but can't take it. Someone who doesn't like people disagreeing with him. A quick temper. Not the best qualities for a Mod. At least you're level-headed and fair.
Perhaps they heard what disgusting comments/accusations he made here to JTS? How is it possible that anyone has moved on from that without a single apology? He posted what no man should ever state. smh

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, known him for a long time is how long?

Reactions: AtownPoke
Maybe he and Chase were wrestlers on the OSU team when vhsalum wrestled for Iowa with Borschel. ;)
Plot Twist nobody considered: The identity @vhsalum provided previously was the fake one because he didn't want people to decipher who he is early on but he's more comfortable now. The one he provided recently (former Iowa wrestler) is actually the real one and now everyone is thrown off the trail.

20ish years
Always hated PSU? Sandusky indictments were announced 12 years ago.

I don't know him, but to me Sandusky reeks of a convenient excuse to act the asshat in response to a non-traditional king-of-the-mountain school assuming the position of king-of-the-mountain with no immediate indication of letting any of the traditional schools back up there.

I am not trying to white knight either but if Chase Pollard is allegedly the douchebag of an anonymous message board (and he of all people uses his real name I'm assuming) then it's a good board. His references to Sandusky are honestly very mild if anything (compare to what you see on the internet) and he actually has a few posts saying it's irrelevant to wrestling and it's not something that should be held over PSU fans unless they're blatantly defending it. Also in a message board rarity, Oklahoma State does police themselves. See poster "oberebo" a few times.

34 and Counting is fantastic but I do plan to limit my overall interactions on there? For simple reason like any other message board, homerism will be extreme (and it should, it's their board) and I would be wasting a lot of time if I felt the need to debate every single "Cael is on the downturn of his career and DT will take over soon" post. 😂 I will say, the idea that Cael is scared of anything is very laughable.

I am not trying to white knight either but if Chase Pollard is allegedly the douchebag of an anonymous message board (and he of all people uses his real name I'm assuming) then it's a good board. His references to Sandusky are honestly very mild if anything (compare to what you see on the internet) and he actually has a few posts saying it's irrelevant to wrestling and it's not something that should be held over PSU fans unless they're blatantly defending it. Also in a message board rarity, Oklahoma State does police themselves. See poster "oberebo" a few times.

34 and Counting is fantastic but I do plan to limit my overall interactions on there? For simple reason like any other message board, homerism will be extreme (and it should, it's their board) and I would be wasting a lot of time if I felt the need to debate every single "Cael is on the downturn of his career and DT will take over soon" post. 😂 I will say, the idea that Cael is scared of anything is very laughable.
Well don’t limit yourself. We’re a proud group but it’s not exactly homerism (there are some). The board likes info and good discussion. We’re all capable of that and the board needs outside interaction imo. Your post the other day about 184/197 guys being possible is exactly what they look for.

Always hated PSU? Sandusky indictments were announced 12 years ago.

I don't know him, but to me Sandusky reeks of a convenient excuse to act the asshat in response to a non-traditional king-of-the-mountain school assuming the position of king-of-the-mountain with no immediate indication of letting any of the traditional schools back up there.
I didn’t say it’s been his problem for 20 years. It’s just the only thing I remember him getting this way about in 20 years

I usually stand clear of homerisms and board infighting. They get a little edgy if you throw too many PSU anecdotes in your posts.

Teflon Turk has a way of bringing out the worst in people. Tries to be this board's GIAPet without pulling it off with any humor at all. I've been on this board since its inception in 2001 and my only suspension in 23+ years was due to Turd and the moderators ignoring his transgressions.

(Mod - edited to remove inflammatory content)

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s true. Hope we can improve our local talent
It’s a big reason why Richison wanted to target DT. Richison isn’t an OSU guy (why he approached DT and Dake about the OU job last year). He just knows that if the OSU tide is rising it’ll lift all ships. I believe Oklahoma is serious about trying to get the clubs up to snuff. It’ll be in regional pockets to begin with but hopefully we can get more unified and cooperative across the board.

Last edited:
It’s a big reason why Richison wanted to target DT. Richison isn’t an OSU guy (why he approached DT and Dake about the OU job last year). He just knows that if the OSU tide is rising it’ll lift all ships. I believe Oklahoma is serious about trying to get the clubs up to snuff. It’ll be in regional pockets to begin with but hopefully we can get more unified and cooperative across the board.
Possibly one of the biggest moves that would help Oklahoma State is if someone invested in Texas Club Wrestling. The amount of athletes in that state is insane. Even the B-/C+ athletes who don't pan out as a legit D1 football prospect could be a top tier wrestling talent.

Possibly one of the biggest moves that would help Oklahoma State is if someone invested in Texas Club Wrestling. The amount of athletes in that state is insane. Even the B-/C+ athletes who don't pan out as a legit D1 football prospect could be a top tier wrestling talent.
Agreed but Oklahoma has a proud wrestling history and we can get back. So many great wrestlers snd wrestling families scattered across the state.

Reactions: vhsalum
It's night and day from Iowa's Twitter/HR, there obvious is one or two people inevitably but otherwise, there almost is 0 "Penn State only wins because they cheat" posts and no this isn't new because they just hired a PSU guy, this has been consistent always.

It's night and day from Iowa's Twitter/HR, there obvious is one or two people inevitably but otherwise, there almost is 0 "Penn State only wins because they cheat" posts and no this isn't new because they just hired a PSU guy, this has been consistent always.
We’re old money lol. A certain level of self assuredness comes along with being a Cowboy wrestling fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT