ADVERTISEMENT

David Taylor to Oklahoma State & related news

I can tell you that the desire of most people on 34 is for it to be the board where people come to discuss all things wrestling in an intelligent way. Good convo and info is always welcome. Not much interest in d!ck measuring.
Can’t blame you for not wanting to go there with us PA boys….especially now that you’ve lost the Ferrari clan!

Last edited:
Well this will be a tough listen. The last thing OSU fans wanted was for Coleman to feel betrayed. Tough deal and those rumors were so rampant and from high places that I don’t know how there isn’t some truth to it but I sure hope he’s right.

He could be bluffing but filing a lawsuit and opening things up to discovery is quite a statement to make.

maybe it was said elsewhere but any idea what Coleman was talking about regarding financial accusations against him?

maybe it was said elsewhere but any idea what Coleman was talking about regarding financial accusations against him?
The story I’d heard going around was that the search committee working the OSU hire were told by UNC people that there were inconsistencies with their NIL money under CS. I’ve heard two different stories from there, but Coleman is obviously certain that it’s all bs and I’m glad to hear it. Tough deal.

Good interview.....he is really bitter. Especially about the financial aspects to all of this, which I don't blame him if there is nothing to all of that. Why would certain people bring all this up if there is nothing to it? We'll let the lawyers sort thru all of that, but it's pretty despicable if there is no merit to the accusations. Like he said, why kick a man when he is down? On the other hand, if he was the person in charge of NIL and there was mishandling of the funds.....even just mismanagement, and no malfeasance, he's still responsible as the man in charge.

Regardless, good pickup for the Ohio RTC from a coaching standpoint. We'll let the dust settle on the financial part of this.

David Xanatos Disney GIF

Listened last night. Maybe it’s me, but every time I hear MagicMan speak since he left, I feel he is trying to justify the move.

Bottom line..I don’t blame him at all for leaving for that kind of money. Sets him and his family up well. That being said..he built his life, friendships, role models, everything in State College. He went for the money and not with his heart. He regrets not having closure with some of the closest people to him. Hope he finds peace of mind.

I will always be grateful for Magic. He’s the main reason I started following PSU (came to watch Frank the Tank and stumbled on Magic Man).

I’ll be rooting for OSU to come in 2nd every year

Listened last night. Maybe it’s me, but every time I hear MagicMan speak since he left, I feel he is trying to justify the move.

Bottom line..I don’t blame him at all for leaving for that kind of money. Sets him and his family up well. That being said..he built his life, friendships, role models, everything in State College. He went for the money and not with his heart. He regrets not having closure with some of the closest people to him. Hope he finds peace of mind.

I will always be grateful for Magic. He’s the main reason I started following PSU (came to watch Frank the Tank and stumbled on Magic Man).

I’ll be rooting for OSU to come in 2nd every year
I don’t think he just went for the money. The money is obviously great but he ultimately went for the opportunity and the challenge. Stillwater is a fantastic place too so he’ll be able to rebuild anything he’s lost. It’ll just take time. I bet it’ll be 3 years or so before he fully settles in. Going from competing to being a young and inexperienced coach of a program like Oklahoma State is pretty big change.

I don’t think he just went for the money.
Don’t be naive. He had money coming from NLWC, endorsements, parent recently moved to Pa, wife expanding business, succesful M2training center, his farm. He was settling in for the long haul. He was set.

Throw a million a year at him..he uprooted all of that. Again, don’t blame him and don’t blame OSU. They knew they had to overpay for him and they did. All about the money

Will he grow to love it in OSU? Yet to be seen.

I mean sure, it's a move that requires justification (one that was between his family obviously, he doesn't owe anyone else an explanation so I'm glad he is opening up). He came to State College when he was 17 and it's all he's ever known. As you mentioned, he was comfortable here lifestyle wise.

It was a huge move and I don't think he expected to make at this point of his life and at the pace he did (2 weeks after his last wrestling match) From the outside looking in, it didn't look like Oklahoma State was going to anybody but Coleman (and if not him, another Cowboy) Iowa is set on Brands (and then likely Spencer) if their donors will have their way. If he didn't take this, who knows if he ever gets into college coaching (he said he wants one of the "Big 3" jobs)

Don’t be naive. He had money coming from NLWC, endorsements, parent recently moved to Pa, wife expanding business, succesful M2training center, his farm. He was settling in for the long haul. He was set.

Throw a million a year at him..he uprooted all of that. Again, don’t blame him and don’t blame OSU. They knew they had to overpay for him and they did. All about the money

lol okay.

I mean sure, it's a move that requires justification (one that was between his family obviously, he doesn't owe anyone else an explanation so I'm glad he is opening up). He came to State College when he was 17 and it's all he's ever known. As you mentioned, he was comfortable here lifestyle wise.

It was a huge move and I don't think he expected to make at this point of his life and at the pace he did (2 weeks after his last wrestling match) From the outside looking in, it didn't look like Oklahoma State was going to anybody but Coleman (and if not him, another Cowboy) Iowa is set on Brands (and then likely Spencer) if their donors will have their way. If he didn't take this, who knows if he ever gets into college coaching (he said he wants one of the "Big 3" jobs)
Thank God he didn’t say top 10 jobs or he might be a cruise liner captain today.

Reactions: Idahopennstatefan
Thank God he didn’t say top 10 jobs or he might be a cruise liner captain today.
Coaching at Rutgers? Isn’t that the cruise liner school

I honestly don’t even remember how that moniker came up anymore. SuriaNO related, right?

Lol, siri wrote his name that way. I like it!

Reactions: hlstone
Coaching at Rutgers? Isn’t that the cruise liner school

I honestly don’t even remember how that moniker came up anymore. SuriaNO related, right?

Lol, siri wrote his name that way. I like it!
The "Inside Jokes" thread is a treasure.

See this post and a couple below it.

“Again, don’t blame him and don’t blame OSU.”

Then, with all due respect, shut up about it. It’s ridiculous and embarrassing. This is how things work in the real world, at least here in America. People in this country strive to get ahead. You are an excellent poster. My suggestion is to wish DT and his staff the best and let them go. It’s not personal for DT or anyone else. At least it shouldn’t be. Let it go. It’s not that important for you or me. For him it is; it’s life changing. If you’re a fan of the guy, this alone should be enough.

“Again, don’t blame him and don’t blame OSU.”

Then, with all due respect, shut up about it. It’s ridiculous and embarrassing. This is how things work in the real world, at least here in America. People in this country strive to get ahead. You are an excellent poster. My suggestion is to wish DT and his staff the best and let them go. It’s not personal for DT or anyone else. At least it shouldn’t be. Let it go. It’s not that important for you or me. For him it is; it’s life changing. If you’re a fan of the guy, this alone should be enough.
Denzel Washington GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT