ADVERTISEMENT

Day 2 - Offically Offical 2022 Big Ten Tournament and B1G+ Technical Support Thread

Everyone gasped as kerk had parris going to his back but parris fought out of it.

2 mistakes tonight was taking bottom in second period by carter and brooks. Both of their guys were spent I. The first and they had riding time. Instead they took the bottom and let guys collect there breath. I think those were mistakes for riding time advantage and wearing the guys down so they didn’t have anything left in 3rd. Amine was clearly gassed most of match.

How motivated will Brooks be after tonight basically Michigan pulled it out on that win. Congrats to ammine. Hope AB takes it to him next time

Reactions: dswartz
Everyone gasped as kerk had parris going to his back but parris fought out of it.

2 mistakes tonight was taking bottom in second period by carter and brooks. Both of their guys were spent I. The first and they had riding time. Instead they took the bottom and let guys collect there breath. I think those were mistakes for riding time advantage and wearing the guys down so they didn’t have anything left in 3rd. Amine was clearly gassed most of match.
I never think of things as mistakes at the B1Gs, even a loss is a learning moment to prep for the big dance. I think overall it was a great tournament. Hilde was the only disappointment but he had a bad day, these things happen.

It came down to Michigan's portal pickups at 125 and 197 scoring better than Penn State's pickups at the same weights.
I guess one could look at it like that but right now I wouldn’t change a thing. I’m gonna be a lot happier that Drew is on the team rather than Suriano when we are hoisting that National Championship trophy in two weeks.

I know it’s part of wrestling and Matt Brown won NCAAs on it… but Drew was called for an 8 team points technical violation in his match against DeAugustino.

He wins in regulation without that call and collects two advancement points - one for a win there and one for the bye before it. Even if he loses the rest of his matches, he finishes 6th. That’s 8 team points total.

Reactions: creamery freak
I guess one could look at it like that but right now I wouldn’t change a thing. I’m gonna be a lot happier that Drew is on the team rather than Suriano when we are hoisting that National Championship trophy in two weeks.
Nicky looked lost in their post tournament team celebrations. Almost like he was an outsider.

So did Penn wrestler get 7th or worse at 167? Is brooks now 2nd seed.

And everyone seems reasonably healthy for the Big Show. With 3 MFFs, Iowa might have some more problems.

Reactions: diggerpup
M Amine deserved OW. Very classy comments about AB. Much respect. I could have sworn Amine was gassed midway through the 2nd. Amazing effort on his part.

Going forward, does anyone think AB dials it back, just a little, with the early pace? He was gassed at the end himself. Incredible match. Tip the cap and move forward to the Tournament that matters.

WE ARE!!!

I know. Remember when Cael had Shakur Rasheed MFF to Myles Martin in the Big 10 final?
I do remember that, pretty sure Rasheed battled a real knee injury throughout much of that season. I actually like watching Cass wrestle, impressed by his wt loss & strength program in off season, but he did not look the least bit hurt during the tournament, especially not aftr his win over Kerk.

Just caught up.

Couple thoughts:
- ADS and RBY could wrestle for 100 more minutes and Im not sure ADS scores a takedown
- Gomez looked good, nice tournament
- Bull is so fn boring.
- Ref hit AB for stalling for no reason, which was ridiculous.
Marinellis didn't even attempt a shot but Amine was stupid for not circling back in.

M Amine deserved OW. Very classy comments about AB. Much respect. I could have sworn Amine was gassed midway through the 2nd. Amazing effort on his part.

Going forward, does anyone think AB dials it back, just a little, with the early pace? He was gassed at the end himself. Incredible match. Tip the cap and move forward to the Tournament that matters.

WE ARE!!!
I think several of our guys looked tired. I think they always do at Big Tens and never do NCAAs. I’m sure it’s part of the plan. Can’t peak twice within two weeks. Pick one. Train thru Big Tens on a heavy conditioning load and be better than 100% two weeks later. I don’t know this, but that’s my guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT