ADVERTISEMENT

Dual (Tri) Thread: Penn State vs. Sacred Heart, Oregon State

Regarding the Assad situation: I remember talking about burnout with my college coach and some teammates my freshman year. The one thing I took away from the conversation (which I later would discuss with some of my wrestlers who had collegiate ambitions) is that you have to be absolutely in love with a sport to see it all the way through at a collegiate level. Regardless of division, you’re essentially doing an intensive full time job while also getting your education. Even more so if you’re not on scholarship/in a financial situation where you have to work a side job to put yourself through school. This isn’t to say he doesn’t still love the sport, but it’s no 4 year walk in the park either

Missed first three matches working on mother in laws brakes but what I saw was impressive. Team looks good
You plan and plan all week, tell everyone to leave you alone after 5 pm and what do they do? Everyone and their mother asks you do do them a favor. I can’t win…

Hopefully it’s archived so I can watch it after the Oregon St match.

Reactions: danoftw and 1AA
Regarding the Assad situation: I remember talking about burnout with my college coach and some teammates my freshman year. The one thing I took away from the conversation (which I later would discuss with some of my wrestlers who had collegiate ambitions) is that you have to be absolutely in love with a sport to see it all the way through at a collegiate level. Regardless of division, you’re essentially doing an intensive full time job while also getting your education. Even more so if you’re not on scholarship/in a financial situation where you have to work a side job to put yourself through school. This isn’t to say he doesn’t still love the sport, but it’s no 4 year walk in the park either
The real lesson there is an appreciation for our depth guys who toil for 4 years, knowing they're unlikely to get more than a spot start due to injuries, and still do everything they can to help our starters win titles. And do so for little or no scholarship money.

The real lesson there is an appreciation for our depth guys who toil for 4 years, knowing they're unlikely to get more than a spot start due to injuries, and still do everything they can to help our starters win titles. And do so for little or no scholarship money.
Idk why, but I’d love to see the “room” vs. Bloom. It nearly markets itself.

Reactions: slowbody
Jefe, that reminds me of a conversation I had with Quentin Wright years ago. He said, “In the room, there are guys who are All Americans and there are guys who make All Americans”. It’s a hard truth, but those kids who sit in the room for those 4 years often become great coaches because of what they learned.

Any info on Facundo? He was listed as a possible starter in the notes, right?

ADVERTISEMENT