ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Penn State vs. Ohio State Dual Thread (2/3/23)

Except unlike other stalling rules that have some consideration of what has been happening in the match to call stalling, this rule has none. It’s a simple point in time of what the wrestlers are doing while going out of bounds. There is wrestling action, a push or no intent to remain in bounds. That was a ridiculous miss on the refs part not to call it.

The refs also missed an illegal cutback that everyone else could see clear as day, so your expectations should be adjusted accordingly.

Reactions: Ski and 07mantle
Levi’s dominance vs. Paddy is a great illustration of the advantage PS wrestlers have with coaching and training partners. Also Tan Tom has to hate watching his former prize recruit Kerk maul Orndorff.

Ohio State will be a tough out for the next few years, but their wrestlers will continue to underperform, and ours will rise to the top in the biggest moments. What could be more fun than that? 👍
...and Tom Ryan will continue to lead the league in griping and brick throwing.

Looks like you were right behind Bonnie Epstein. Did you recommend to her that we run a mental health exercise board that she and the wrestlers are welcome to attend? 🙂

Great seats dude! That We Are chant that the PSU fans gave really stood out on the TV and was icing on the cake. Kinda like staking the flag on conquered land.
It was a fun night. Dr. And Mrs. Kerk were a couple rows back. Great place to watch a match, just small.

Tom looked sad.
urban-osu.gif

Didn’t Spencer win 7-1 with two-time AA McKee not scoring in the 2nd or 3rd periods?

Yes - Spencer looked human. But it wasn’t quite what some posts are suggesting.
It’s one thing being tired, but I saw him clearly favoring his right knee by the end. He also can’t defend certain positions and has to find an alternative to protect himself. Lee was stalling a lot by the end which doesn’t help McKee’s efforts either

People that think he’d beat RBY or dominate Gilman in this condition are fooling themselves.

It’s one thing being tired, but I saw him clearly favoring his right knee by the end. He also can’t defend certain positions and has to find an alternative to protect himself. Lee was stalling a lot by the end which doesn’t help McKee’s efforts either

People that think he’d beat RBY or dominate Gilman in this condition are fooling themselves.
No, he’s winning every match by a pin straight through to and including the finals.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Cael was on a lot while they had the camera on me.
Not gonna ask which one was you and in a way I'm almost glad we missed each other last weekend. For years I've had this image of you and like it. I don't want it to change...

If Lee was fully healthy it'd be a tossup vs. RBY. In his present condition, RBY would beat him easily.

Reactions: Hoosier Lion
That’s hard for some of the Pennsylvania homers who have a soft spot for Gavin, but I just watched it again and there’s no doubt.
I had to go back and rewatch it to see. It’s almost like Dean said “here is some more room. Just turn your shoulder in a little bit more and this will be over. Nobody will notice.”

It's true.

Also true: the other pin of the dual was resisted even less, on the same hold applied in the same manner.
I got home late and my recording was kind of buggy - kept having to restart my DVR. So I’ve just looked at the matches we won and some of the Iowa dual.

Watching now - you don’t get the same camera angle, but it does look like he’s fighting and then his shoulder nestled nicely onto the mat. And that’s against a guy who not nearly in the same ballpark as Max Dean. Not seeing a lot of fight out of Steen recently - he shouldn’t be getting buried this bad by Rd of 12/16 guys

I got home late and my recording was kind of buggy - kept having to restart my DVR. So I’ve just looked at the matches we won and some of the Iowa dual.

Watching now - you don’t get the same camera angle, but it does look like he’s fighting and then his shoulder nestled nicely onto the mat. And that’s against a guy who not nearly in the same ballpark as Max Dean. Not seeing a lot of fight out of Steen recently - he shouldn’t be getting buried this bad by Rd of 12/16 guys
The ref only got to 2 swipes.

• Sad
Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Hey - my team got 3 takedowns vs Penn State.
Iowa only had 2
So, happy... I guess

1 on Starocci is worth at least double.

Yea, the 3rd takedown of the match was bittersweet. Starocci is one of my favorite non-Buckeye wrestlers and I was rooting for him to go the whole season without giving up a takedown. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that was the only takedown of the season against Starocci.

It's true.

Also true: the other pin of the dual was resisted even less, on the same hold applied in the same manner.

It can be hard to judge effort in some of these situations, but this pin just happened in the Cornell v. Princeton dual. After a couple seconds of resistance, Cover assumes the crucifixion pose. Or do we call that the Deuce Rachel move?

And to think, I was bummed when tOSU got Paddy.

Not to worry, Goggles crystal ball certified by Ernst & Young, accurate 34.72% of the time, down 0.09% with that call.

PS - Cael does it again. Levi, just a cub 3 months ago, turning into an rabid beast before our very eyes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT