ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Penn State vs. Ohio State Dual Thread (2/3/23)

Remember when Paddy was in control of his match against Levi last year until Haines got a lucky late TD and backs

He’ll always have that memory
Levi’s dominance vs. Paddy is a great illustration of the advantage PS wrestlers have with coaching and training partners. Also Tan Tom has to hate watching his former prize recruit Kerk maul Orndorff.

Ohio State will be a tough out for the next few years, but their wrestlers will continue to underperform, and ours will rise to the top in the biggest moments. What could be more fun than that? 👍

Please call Cael and let him know about this ASAP! I'm sure he's unaware.
Don't you know that Cael is wringing his hands and trying to figure out if we can win Nationals with only 9 scoring wrestlers. Being sarcastic towards guns not you PSUbluTX.

Last edited:
I don't doubt that Ryan's probably an OK guy in the end, but his on-the-mat antics are just clownlike. I get that he wants to win and wants to stand up for his guys, but he constantly tries to defend the indefensible and it gets really old. I'm surprised that he doesn't come to the mat with a sack full of bricks to throw.
I think all in all Ryan and his staff do a good job training, teaching and making positive impacts on the OSU kids. However, every now and then during matches (especially against PSU) and in public speaking or twitter moments Ryan has a few too many Mark Manning moments.

Remember when Paddy was in control of his match against Levi last year until Haines got a lucky late TD and backs

He’ll always have that memory
I was matside for that match. Paddy backpedaled the entire match and then scored to lead after he should have been stalled out. Then Levi stalked him, took him down to a Turk and got the NF. The final score was more indicative at that match than the score with 30 seconds left.

You guys need to get it right. It is Beau Bartletts, at least to Shane.
iu

Why do the two of you always act offended whenever people respond to the obvious trolling attempts. Isn't that why you're here? It's all in good fun. Keeps these top 5 dual match-ups somewhat entertaining, at least.
I kinda like the "Banter" :)

Spencer and Musukaev wrestle the same. Finish it in the first few minutes or hold on. Obviously I’m joking but Spencer did look like he could barely stand after that match. 100% bonus is gone as well
And he looked gimpy. They better start a pitch count

Cael was on a lot while they had the camera on me.
Looks like you were right behind Bonnie Epstein. Did you recommend to her that we run a mental health exercise board that she and the wrestlers are welcome to attend? 🙂

Great seats dude! That We Are chant that the PSU fans gave really stood out on the TV and was icing on the cake. Kinda like staking the flag on conquered land.

Sure it will. Vespa has half a chance to qualify. Steen has none.
Why the hate towards Gary? This was Howard's year till he got injured. Yeah Gary might not be living up to your expectations, why not cut him some slack. Wrestling parents do look at this forum and to rip a kid isn't right. If this was your son I am sure you wouldn't like the comments. Have a little more respect for the young man and the wrestling community in general.

Well Malik is a 2 time All American so there's that.
Malik never AAd.

To give up bonus points as easy as Gary has this year shows me lack of growth or effort. We have guys over the last few years clearly outmanned at this weight but would wrestle hard and keep their losses to a decision. This is my issue with Steen. Not ripping on him. Just stating the obvious.

I have a real appreciation for guys like Schnupp and Meredith the last few years

Last edited:
Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Did Ohio st get better on bottom? It doesn’t seem like it is as much of a liability as it has been in the past.
anyone there did they boo Carter at the start of his match, if so should we be starting a thread about it?

Reactions: Raw Daddy and mcpat
I hate this ref..
I thought the ref was decent. I wish he would of had Iowa match. Quick on calling stalemate and nailed a kid for head tactics. We didn't see that last week.
I did think he missed a 2 count in Levi's match. Also not sure on what he saw on the Penn State challenge. If the announcers we're correct about the rule ,the kid certainly left his feet.??

Last edited:
He should have been hit with a stall, but when the other kid has spent 4 or 5 seconds moving forward in the first 6 minutes and 45 seconds it probably is difficult to put that fist in the air.
Except unlike other stalling rules that have some consideration of what has been happening in the match to call stalling, this rule has none. It’s a simple point in time of what the wrestlers are doing while going out of bounds. There is wrestling action, a push or no intent to remain in bounds. That was a ridiculous miss on the refs part not to call it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT