ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State versus Wisconsin

Yeah, we should run run run run run--we'd have scored there just giving Warren the ball again
Again, got very lucky the first ball to Wallace wasn't picked--he didn't see the LB

We should RUN, RUN, RUN except when we need first downs and touchdowns...... lol

Reactions: GSPMax
That was a good play call for the score--no pressure--everyone followed Warren and Singleton

We've used that play before. Believe we threw a TD to Dinkins on it then as well.

The interesting thing about the offense now is this is exactly what AK had to do at Kansas when his starter got hurt. Mobile 2nd string QB had to blend the pass with the read plays. A lot of the Allar playbook is designed for a mobile QB. It's why we've all wanted to unleash the passing game more and gimmick less.

That drive was a highly effective and efficient use of Beau's skill set.

Total yards to this point: PSU 321, Wisky 230.

And PSU has zero sacks. Hard to believe the Wisky QB is so jumpy and we're not even getting to him.

The defense this half said:

EtlybTeXMAIIP-T.jpg

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
One long drive wins this game. Maybe we just win this, let Allar heal and play Beau next week to get Allar healthy for the playoffs evennif it means a loss.

Not sure if Beau banged your wife or something but watching you crap on him when he's playing well is a head scratcher
Beau's been fine--I criticized one read which was accurate
We had others comparing this to Iowa in 21 which I said it wasn't
Beau can't beat OSU and we all know that...so far tonight so good--just no risk now

My concern with Beau is that Wisconsin didn't exactly game plan for him. What happens if OSU gets to game plan for him? Don't get me wrong, Beau is an extremely capable QB when needed, and this defense can be dominant.

impressive--still very lucky that first ball to Wallace didn't go for 6 the other way
I think we disagree here. It's not a pass we expect Beau to make, but that's a pass that improves the offense if he can do it. Dangerous? Absolutely. But he threaded the needle.

great--just has to limit any risk now.

As it stands, up 8 pts with 8 minutes left, I'd bring in a 6th OL and run the clock dry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT