ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State Football versus Kent State

Some closing fan notes from this non expert:

Warren truly is the best TE in college football. Love how we’re putting the ball in his hands.

Really intrigued by the success the run game is having. Singleton averaging 8 and change a carry? He’s back. OL playing well, better than last year through 3 games?

Allar is really being efficient and picking his shots. Coach K has done wonders for him and the offense. Seems to spread the wealth around too.

I’m ready to ditch the Pribula package. Allar looks great and Pribula seems to have some TO tendencies. Keep Allar with the ball making decisions. Franklin and this backup running qb packages have never worked in big moments.

Need the pass rush to come to life in the next three games. Moss was bad with a guy in his face tonight vs Michigan.

Jumped offsides on the DL twice today - now up to 8 total this season through three games. WTF

Did Wallace get hurt?
Tyler's TE Competition

The above link pronounces that going into the season there were 10 TE's who were better than Warren.

3 of them play for teams in the B1G.

1. Colston Loveland, Michigan Wolverines
Loveland went from a promising freshman to one of the nation’s best tight ends as a sophomore. He finished as the fourth-most valuable FBS tight end this past season according to PFF’s wins above average metric and was fifth among them in receiving yards (649).

Loveland’s elite athleticism at 6-foot-5, 245 pounds makes him nearly unguardable. His 88.7% open-target rate in 2023 placed him in the 97th percentile for all tight ends in the country.

It will be interesting to compare stats of the top TE's at the end of the season.

Tyler's TE Competition

The above link pronounces that going into the season there were 10 TE's who were better than Warren.

3 of them play for teams in the B1G.

1. Colston Loveland, Michigan Wolverines
Loveland went from a promising freshman to one of the nation’s best tight ends as a sophomore. He finished as the fourth-most valuable FBS tight end this past season according to PFF’s wins above average metric and was fifth among them in receiving yards (649).

Loveland’s elite athleticism at 6-foot-5, 245 pounds makes him nearly unguardable. His 88.7% open-target rate in 2023 placed him in the 97th percentile for all tight ends in the country.

It will be interesting to compare stats of the top TE's at the end of the season.
Well, the Michigan tight end is hurt and didn’t play today.

Because we weren't sharp and were expecting our team to be a playoff contender. Against a team like Kent State you expect something comparable to Tennessee who scored at will. We're still hurting ourselves with penalties, poor tackling and bad decisions (see Beau playing and turning the ball over). I don't think you or anyone else was worried about the game. We simply want them to come out and do what they're expected to do from the start especially after playing down to BGSU last week.
I do wish that they would come out of the gate faster for sure.

Well, the Michigan tight end is hurt and didn’t play today.
I did not realize that Loveland was hurt - or was considered the top returning TE for that matter.

I agree that Tyler looks great. Blocking, receiving, running, passing, he's extremely versatile as well as talented.

And I didn't really know too much about who the other top TE's so I did a little research and thought that I would share the list that I found.

I do wish that they would come out of the gate faster for sure.
For whatever reason, OSU started slowly in their games against Akron and Marshall, but once they get rolling, they’re fairly unstoppable. I notice that Texas also started slowly today. It’s not just a PSU thing.

Reactions: PennState_one
I’m very glad to see we didn’t make these guys look like the second coming or play down to the competition. Not a lot of sloppyness from starters or penalties. Now the second string that’s another story.

For whatever reason, OSU started slowly in their games against Akron and Marshall, but once they get rolling, they’re fairly unstoppable. I notice that Texas also started slowly today. It’s not just a PSU thing.
No disagreement from me.

Arch threw a pick on the opening drive but it's 21-0 Texas after the first quarter. Not sure that's "slow"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT