ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State versus Illinois

Mild identity crisis. Very strong run game. 2 backs churning yards. QB who is throwing darts, but the staff is inclined to bounce between the running game, the gimmicks, and just enough passing to keep defenses honest.
He was throwing darts early. Not so much as the game progressed.

Sunday morning QBing. I liked the ground and pound last night. we took what Illinois gave us. two deep safeties and very few run blitzes. A reverse or two would have been nice.
3rd and 7 James and you don't trust your potential AA QB. that was a bad move by Franklin. You have to have Allar in the game in that situation.
The Int by AJ was a beautiful thing. All Illinois had in the passing game was the slant and a swing pass. The D baited him and AJ stepped right in the passing lane.

It worked a lot for Joe. We need to play ball control against those teams and that means relying on our run game.
But Joe always had a sure footed kicker and took a field goal any time it presented itself.

It was intriguing that for the last XP when Sahaydek was pulled, it was Barker and not Meyer who was inserted. Has Barker moved ahead of Meyer on the depth chart or was Meyer not available?

I don’t think he has friends. Hence the 24/7 jackassery.
Lol coming from you
Anyone that still doesn't think I'm a Penn State is just an idiot. It goes to the holier than thou BS. Even at the half I said we'd win 24-10. The difference between me and most here is I'm a fan of college football that's favorite team is Penn State while many here just root for Penn State and hate college football

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT