ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State Football versus Kent State

This is near identical to one called fumble in USC - scUM game - USC lost 25 yards of field position on play (play ruled confirmed by replay). Let's see how the same centralized replay calls this one!

Great to see some of the young players get some experience. Denmark with a catch, Speca, Lane, Toure, Gilliam, Harvey, great catch by Reynolds. Belgrave-Shorter, Nelson, WR Johnson, Ivey with a catch, Boyer, Cross, Schlaffer, Payne, Mayer,

Some walk on olinemen as well. Ruli with a lot of work at Center.

OL Williams didn't help his cause for playing time with the 2 quick penalties, but he continued to play which seemed good.

I'm hoping to see Martin get a few carries. Wallace down with an injury so we'll see.... YES.

How about a few plays for Grunk...

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
This is near identical to one called fumble in USC - scUM game - USC lost 25 yards of field position on play (play ruled confirmed by replay). Let's see how the same centralized replay calls this one!

LMAO - identical to one just called in favor of scUM by centralized Replay Review (ruled it a USC fumble!) - now the exact same Replay Booth calls it the exact opposite in favor of Kent and against PSU. It was identical - go watch USC play.

We did what we had to do. Other than the RB injury- seems like a lotta guys got dinged up in this game. Anyone aware of anyone else hobbled?

Marched right down the field? They fumbled but got the fumble back luckily for them?

Yeah matched right down the field dumbass - they went all the way to 5 yard line, then lost 20 yards on fumble.... then scored in three plays from 27.

Guess what, USC just scored again and is now leading 24-20. USC has outgained scUM by a couple hundred yards in second half (scUM has virtually zero yards in second half).

At least we scored more then Pitt as it will matter when they select teams
Must mean we're on par with Pitt then
But the fact some, like you, still dont get the issue with how this game started os simply predictable. Lots to clean up before next week. Again, this team lost to St Francis and was down to their backup QB early.

No doubt. I'm usually an optimist about the team, but I'm not sure why I was feeling that way early on.
Because we weren't sharp and were expecting our team to be a playoff contender. Against a team like Kent State you expect something comparable to Tennessee who scored at will. We're still hurting ourselves with penalties, poor tackling and bad decisions (see Beau playing and turning the ball over). I don't think you or anyone else was worried about the game. We simply want them to come out and do what they're expected to do from the start especially after playing down to BGSU last week.

Some closing fan notes from this non expert:

Warren truly is the best TE in college football. Love how we’re putting the ball in his hands.

Really intrigued by the success the run game is having. Singleton averaging 8 and change a carry? He’s back. OL playing well, better than last year through 3 games?

Allar is really being efficient and picking his shots. Coach K has done wonders for him and the offense. Seems to spread the wealth around too.

I’m ready to ditch the Pribula package. Allar looks great and Pribula seems to have some TO tendencies. Keep Allar with the ball making decisions. Franklin and this backup running qb packages have never worked in big moments.

Need the pass rush to come to life in the next three games. Moss was bad with a guy in his face tonight vs Michigan.

Jumped offsides on the DL twice today - now up to 8 total this season through three games. WTF

Did Wallace get hurt?

Reactions: lazydave841

Warren truly is the best TE in college football. Love how we’re putting the ball in his hands.

Really intrigued by the success the run game is having. Singleton averaging 8 and change a carry? He’s back. OL playing well, better than last year through 3 games?

Allar is really being efficient and picking his shots. Coach K has done wonders for him and the offense. Seems to spread the wealth around too.

I’m ready to ditch the Pribula package. Allar looks great and Pribula seems to have some TO tendencies. Keep Allar with the ball making decisions. Franklin and this backup running qb packages have never worked in big moments.

Need the pass rush to come to life in the next three games. Moss was bad with a guy in his face tonight vs Michigan.

Jumped offsides on the DL twice today - now up to 8 total this season through three games. WTF

Did Wallace get hurt?
Several of the offsides have been just lined up offsides. Unacceptable!

Things that make you say hmmmm. We had 65 yards in penalties. Kent State had 67 yards in total offense.

Did Wallace get hurt?
PSU’s SID better be pumping Warren for the Mackey Award because if there is a better tight end in college football, I haven’t seen him. In his post game interview with Steve Jones and Jack Ham, Franklin said in no uncertain terms that he’s the best.

Reactions: LandoComando

Did Wallace get hurt?

The Beau pick soured the first half game plan. I think AK had some things he wanted to work on. We didn't come out guns blazing on purpose. We showed that by scoring 3 times in 6 minutes to finish the first half.

I'm not a proponent of 2 QBs, but IF we are going to then use Beau to his strengths (zone read game) and as a change of pace.

Wallace definitely with a knee injury. I'm going to guess they don't think it's severe (or he would have taken the cart off instead of teammate assist).

Pass rush should come. Kent only threw 13 passes. DDS broke the 1st QB on a pass rush. It's tough to rush against a team just running the ball when everybody else would be passing.

Penalties need work, but they are magnified IMO by the lining up offsides.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT