ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State versus Illinois

Let up. Dude you seriously need to see a psychologist and get a diagnosis for oppositional defiant disorder. You are nuts.
If I'm bothering you that much about being correct then maybe you need help
Tell me--what calls were "ticky tacky" against us? If I'm wrong tell me....but I'm not because you're going to say Rojas

Tyler Warren should kick field goals.
I would take Gus right now.

gus.jpg

Reactions: GregInPitt
Man trying to read this thread and 90% is bitching about calls. Bunch of pussy whiners.

Dominating performance on both sides of ball. Need to figure this kicker shit out soon we can leave points on field against osu

Only got to watch the 1st half. Listened on the radio thr 2nd. I can see the frustrations, but this was essentially a dominant performance that we didn't illustrate on the scoreboard.

Franklin gets a OL, Defensive toughness win...and people are upset. Lol

Have to say the penalties were atrocious. The field goal kicking painful…

But you can’t bitch about Illinois scoring on the first drive and then never scoring again. Running the ball down their throat all game long. That is a good result.

Maybe you can bitch about it but you shouldn’t.

The good: physical dominance
The bad: stupid mistakes

Easily coulda/shoulda been a 24 pt victory type of game, but for the fact we shot ourselves in the foot a number of times.

Obviously need to clean that up.

Defensively we seem to loosen up and let our superior athletes do their thing as the game wears on … concern that against a better team, that could end up with us in an early hole we can’t dig out of, and we never get to that point where guys are flying around confidently.

Allar was a bit off at times … and other times he was showing off his accurate rocket arm to thread needles in the middle of the field.

I’m not a fan of the continued gimmick of Warren or Beau at QB (even though Warren is a beast). That’s a once a game, at most, sort of thing. Let the normal offense battle through those situations so they grow accustomed to having to perform there. Plus, it has quickly gone from a novel wrinkle teams aren’t prepared for, to a limiting situation other good teams can tee off on. With Allar out there, you don’t even gain an extra blocker, which is a primary benefit of those wildcat types of plays.

This team has the talent to be a top 4 squad … will the pieces all come together in time is the question.

I do worry about better teams with a decent QB, decent protection and great WRs picking us apart with slants and deep balls. If there’s one major area of concern against the big boys, that’s the one for me. But I’m hoping we haven’t seen all the bags of tricks for this defense.

Reactions: lazydave841
Only got to watch the 1st half. Listened on the radio thr 2nd. I can see the frustrations, but this was essentially a dominant performance that we didn't illustrate on the scoreboard.

Franklin gets a OL, Defensive toughness win...and people are upset. Lol
I am the biggest Franklin supporter, and I still think that despite the win, this was an awful coaching performance. This should’ve been a 21–28 win but he goes so damn conservative. He needs to learn how to calm down, go into Zen, maybe take a little bit of CBD, or something and stay out of the way of a big win. He and Allen also need to put an end to the embarrassing offsides penalties on defense. I’ve never seen anything like it from high school to the NFL, and I watch a hell of a lot of football.

Literally, if you go back and watch it he let up. Others said he "leveled" him which didn't happen. If you let up (arms up as well) often times they don't call it. I'm not saying a flag would have been wrong but being mad about it not being throw there is just a weird thing with the game over--especially saying they were trying to get Illinois points when they get called for a hold 2 plays later.
It was a penalty that wasn’t called. Shut up about it.

I mean right now we still have
SEC: Georgia, Bama, Texas & Missouri
Big Ten: Oregon, Penn State & Ohio State
ACC, Big XII and G5 winners
Those 10 seem very likely
Ole Miss and ND might be the next two with Clemson and USC in the mix

Reactions: NedFromYork
Let up. Dude you seriously need to see a psychologist and get a diagnosis for oppositional defiant disorder. You are nuts.
I've never seen anyone hate Penn State more than this psycho. This freak has been on this board more than ANYONE for 2 years, hating Penn State. It's kinda scary. He's a Michigan fan but even as it's clear Michigan will not be repeating as National champions, he's on here literally in every thread. I've come to the conclusion he's friends with the moderators on here, there can't be any other reason he has had free rule in here through 2 seasons plus.

Shame on you, mods.

Man trying to read this thread and 90% is bitching about calls. Bunch of pussy whiners.

Dominating performance on both sides of ball. Need to figure this kicker shit out soon we can leave points on field against osu
Doesn't take any figuring. Sahaydak has kicked his last field goal. Fixed.

I've never seen anyone hate Penn State more than this psycho. This freak has been on this board more than ANYONE for 2 years, hating Penn State. It's kinda scary. He's a Michigan fan but even as it's clear Michigan will not be repeating as National champions, he's on here literally in every thread. I've come to the conclusion he's friends with the moderators on here, there can't be any other reason he has had free rule in here through 2 seasons plus.

Shame on you, mods.
How do I hate Penn State?
I wanted Michigan to lose today--we play Minnesota which will help our SOS
Nothing you said makes any sense

I am the biggest Franklin supporter, and I still think that despite the win, this was an awful coaching performance. This should’ve been a 21–28 win but he goes so damn conservative. He needs to learn how to calm down, go into Zen, maybe take a little bit of CBD, or something and stay out of the way of a big win. He and Allen also need to put an end to the embarrassing offsides penalties on defense. I’ve never seen anything like it from high school to the NFL, and I watch a hell of a lot of football.
This is the kind of win we had for years under Paterno…win with running the ball and defense.

How stupid was that block in the back on AJ's int. In the scheme of things. it helped us run out the clock.

How do I hate Penn State?
I wanted Michigan to lose today--we play Minnesota which will help our SOS
Nothing you said makes any sense
There isn't one single poster on here that uses "we" on here even half as much as you troll. You were on here all year last year trolling this board with impunity and your friends the moderators on here continue to allow it

Shame on you mods...

Reactions: GSPMax
There isn't one single poster on here that uses "we" on here even half as much as you troll. You were on here all year last year trolling this board with impunity and your friends the moderators on here continue to allow it

Shame on you mods...
lol--how dare I say we
You've yet to explain how I'm trolling--because I don't blindly hate Ohio State and Michigan

It won’t work against OSU and USC. Aller is going to have to be trusted to sling it around in the second half of those games.
It worked a lot for Joe. We need to play ball control against those teams and that means relying on our run game.

Shame on you mods...
He has a mouse in his pocket, hence the "we".

Reactions: Delcolion915

One area where I would have liked to see them be a bit more conservative is with the play calling. It was obvious to me shortly into the 2nd period that Illinois could not stop the run. But, at times, we stopped our run offense for them. I would have kept pounding until Illinois demonstrated that they could stop it.

In the end, a win against a top 25 team. I'll take it.

Shame on you, mods.
Yeah I think it’s obvious to everyone paying attention that this guy is a towering troll, not a Penn State fan. He has tried to hide in plain sight but the jig is up. We are way past the Best By date.

I would have kept pounding until Illinois demonstrated that they could stop it.

Mild identity crisis. Very strong run game. 2 backs churning yards. QB who is throwing darts, but the staff is inclined to bounce between the running game, the gimmicks, and just enough passing to keep defenses honest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT