ADVERTISEMENT

In Iowa desperation news…

If it acts like an a** and smells like an a**, there's a good chance it is an a** ...
giphy.gif

Hear me out for a second here. AJ has been rumored for a future in WWE even before he was in legal trouble. WWE recently merged with UFC into a combat sport entertainment conglomerate. Could this be staged as part of an elaborate heel turn to introduce AJ into either UFC or WWE? I doubt he has a career there without a resolution to at least the sexual assault case, but he may see the writing on the wall for his college career (or Iowa May have even told him he can’t be admitted there), and/or Endeavor Group may be close to striking a deal on the charges on his behalf.

No punches were thrown, no one was injured, no one was arrested, and no one is in any trouble over this (and conveniently all caught in film…). What there was was yelling, confrontation, flexing, and most importantly, a lot of publicity. If college wrestling is out, he could be immediately injected into a storyline with Masvidal and Holland to launch his combat entertainment career.

I have no inside information. Just thinking out loud.
Should you be thinking? Or not so loud? Lol

BNic with his first thread (and it’s a doozy):

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/hwc.416642/
They're all feeling their oats today since this tweet came out.

Which can be found in this old thread that got new life today.

@ChiTownLion I hope you've made some progress.

Reactions: danoftw

bea4532c-0a48-4742-9cfc-30f22ba426b6_text.gif

Hear me out for a second here. AJ has been rumored for a future in WWE even before he was in legal trouble. WWE recently merged with UFC into a combat sport entertainment conglomerate. Could this be staged as part of an elaborate heel turn to introduce AJ into either UFC or WWE? I doubt he has a career there without a resolution to at least the sexual assault case, but he may see the writing on the wall for his college career (or Iowa May have even told him he can’t be admitted there), and/or Endeavor Group may be close to striking a deal on the charges on his behalf.

No punches were thrown, no one was injured, no one was arrested, and no one is in any trouble over this (and conveniently all caught in film…). What there was was yelling, confrontation, flexing, and most importantly, a lot of publicity. If college wrestling is out, he could be immediately injected into a storyline with Masvidal and Holland to launch his combat entertainment career.

I have no inside information. Just thinking out loud.
Occam’s Razor says AJ is just an idiot who never had to feel the full consequences of his ridiculous actions.

Prison would be a fitting change of pace for him.

What does it say I'm blocked lol
“I think this is the first thread I've ever started.

Check out the roster now. We have a lot of goers and training partners for the undergrads, and the star power of Lee

Lee, ADS, Eierman, Lugo, Sorenson, Young, Bull, JWar, Burak. I'm missing a guy or two, I think

I know the Nitwits have the star power, but just how much time do they spend with the undergrads there. Most are pretty busy with other endeavors”

Occam’s Razor says AJ is just an idiot who never had to feel the full consequences of his ridiculous actions.

Prison would be a fitting change of pace for him.
That’s a different issue. He'll have to resolve his sexual assault case somehow. If he’s guilty of that, then yeah, a little hard time might be in his future.

What does it say I'm blocked lol
If you're on a computer, right click on the link. Choose "Open Link in New Private/Incognito/etc Window". The word Private or Incognito or something else will be your choice depending on the browser you are using. Firefox is Private while Chrome is Incognito. I only use those two so if you use something else it may vary. Either way, you'll be able to read as long as you don't sign-on to their site.

Check out the roster now. We have a lot of goers and training partners for the undergrads, and the star power of Lee

Lee, ADS, Eierman, Lugo, Sorenson, Young, Bull, JWar, Burak. I'm missing a guy or two, I think

I know the Nitwits have the star power, but just how much time do they spend with the undergrads there. Most are pretty busy with other endeavors”
Simply amazing how clueless they are about the state of the sport outside of Iowa City.

If located in PA, HWC would be the 4th best RTC behind PSU, Penn, and Lehigh. And probably not so far ahead of Pitt once Bonaccorsi joins PWC.

Fortunately their delusion is good for single moms hoping to not get evicted this month.

Um .... according to Drake's mom, Spencer doesn't even roll around with him when he is actually still a rostered member of the Iowa team, why would he do it after he's done?

But to answer his question I've literally seen videos of Kyle Dake rolling a round with Tyler Kasak, a high school senior.

Um .... according to Drake's mom, Spencer doesn't even roll around with him when he is actually still a rostered member of the Iowa team, why would he do it after he's done?

But to answer his question I've literally seen videos of Kyle Dake rolling a round with Tyler Kasak, a high school senior.
Spencer is probably the worst example to use because he's pretty open about how atypical his training regimen is. He barely gets to wrestle at all and probably sticks to a small group of trusted partners when he does. For example, there was a stretch of time where every time there was a pic or video of him training, he was with Sorensen.

He's talked about how hard it is for him to get in shape a lot this year because he has to do it on a bike. He can't run and his wrestling is limited.

I know a lot of the alumni/HWC members wrestle with the college guys a lot.

Spencer is probably the worst example to use because he's pretty open about how atypical his training regimen is. He barely gets to wrestle at all and probably sticks to a small group of trusted partners when he does. For example, there was a stretch of time where every time there was a pic or video of him training, he was with Sorensen.

He's talked about how hard it is for him to get in shape a lot this year because he has to do it on a bike. He can't run and his wrestling is limited.

I know a lot of the alumni/HWC members wrestle with the college guys a lot.
There is nothing to wrong with that either. Just saying Mr. Nicoll's statement is laughably false then because Lee is the big "come train with this guy" and the reality is he won't be training with any Iowa college lightweights. It's hard to imagine you can get a very good workout in with Spencer if you have to be very careful with him since he rightfully has to be bubble wrapped. Then after him, who is the big star power? All great wrestlers and a good room but it's laughable to compare to PSU so the only thing he can say is our guys don't practice with the college team.

I'm pretty sure NLWC guys scrap with PSU wrestlers all the time. Everything I hear, there isn't assigned partners in the room and there's no belief it has to be one guy or the other. In fact, Cael notoriously separates guys sometimes he thinks will get too violent with each other (Zain/Nolf were basically forbidden to) Gilman obviously was rolling around with RBY a ton. Levi got tons of work in with Zain as a high school season (and you might have seen some moves translate) and I just mentioned there has been numerous practice videos of Dake scrapping with Kasak.

Last edited:

Awesome! A new tunnel for Cael to corner Iowa wrestlers to come to Penn State!

that-was-sarcasm-sarcastic.gif

There is nothing to wrong with that either. Just saying Mr. Nicoll's statement is laughably false then because Lee is the big "come train with this guy" and the reality is he won't be training with any Iowa college lightweights. It's hard to imagine you can get a very good workout in with Spencer if you have to be very careful with him since he rightfully has to be bubble wrapped. Then after him, who is the big star power? All great wrestlers and a good room but it's laughable to compare to PSU so the only thing he can say is our guys don't practice with the college team.

I'm pretty sure NLWC guys scrap with PSU wrestlers all the time. Everything I hear, there isn't assigned partners in the room and there's no belief it has to be one guy or the other. In fact, Cael notoriously separates guys sometimes he thinks will get too violent with each other (Zain/Nolf were basically forbidden to) Gilman obviously was rolling around with RBY a ton. Levi got tons of work in with Zain as a high school season (and you might have seen some moves translate) and I just mentioned there has been numerous practice videos of Dake scrapping with Kasak.
Hey...if he thinks everything is great at the HWC and there's no need to change anything, who are we to argue?

I applaud and fully support the leadership of Iowa Wrestling. May their next 10 years be just as successful as their previous 10 years!

Last edited:
Bob, I know you want to believe what you're saying. I want to believe what you're saying. We all want to believe it. But, let's pretend that their "star power" doesn't spend much time in the room. That makes their results that much more impressive. That means that they're somehow lapping the field with this lack of star power in the room. So, is it coaching?

Again, i don't have the answers, but I'm also not going to pretend that their room is at the same level as ours.

Everyone can believe what they want.

I see our guys as more effective training partners than theirs. You're free to have an opinion

I haven't been on the board that long, and have spent even less time snooping around HR/GIA.

Has Bob Nicolls always been this delusional? Or, is this a late-life development?

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy

I agree that there’s no comparison to NLWC but they gotta start somewhere. Desanto, Lugo, Marinelli, Young, and Warner are very good veteran training partners. Eierman should be back as well for a year once he finishes rehab before he leaves to fight. Cass will step in after next year too and be a great partner for Kueter/whoever their next heavyweight is.

Has Bob Nicolls always been this delusional?
I think it is quite understandable that the man whose name will be on the new facility's wrestling room would only have positive things to say about the men who occupy it.

His comparison of the current HWC athletes to those at the NLWC, questioning the NLWC's relative availability, is 100% in line with this thinking.

While I don't believe he is correct in his assessment, I appreciate him believing. Belief does not require facts or evidence. It is an act of faith. Making what others might see as a way over-the-top assertion could have been fully intended.

Maintaining a most hopeful future is better than the alternatives that come to my mind.

I think it is quite understandable that the man whose name will be on the new facility's wrestling room would only have positive things to say about the men who occupy it.

His comparison of the current HWC athletes to those at the NLWC, questioning the NLWC's relative availability, is 100% in line with this thinking.

While I don't believe he is correct in his assessment, I appreciate him believing. Belief does not require facts or evidence. It is an act of faith. Making what others might see as a way over-the-top assertion could have been fully intended.

Maintaining a most hopeful future is better than the alternatives that come to my mind.

His "act of faith" is just reinforcing the problems that they have. It's not addressing let alone fixing their myriad problems.

Throwing money at a facility but having (checks roster) Alex Marinelli as your best practice partner is not the path to NCAA and post-graduate success that I would prescribe, if I was in charge.

It's one thing to believe in University of _____ wrestling, _____ State football, or any other athletic program or individual sport, but burying your head in the sand when problems exist does not help improve the program. What are they doing to attract more world class athletes to Iowa City? What changes will they make to help the athletes that are there, now?

Cael previously talked about the Penn State Facilities

"There's a lot of nice facilities and facilities don't win national championships. I mean, it's your attitude. As blessed as we are, kids don't come here because we have a hot and cold tub. If they do they're probably not the right kids.''

It seems like he thinks they're adequate but that is from 2016. I think Kraft wants to do some major upgrades and renovations but I don't think Cael wants to fundraise and pump millions into building new ones, especially with how long it'd take. If anything, it makes more sense to invest money in NIL and the RTC, where money actually hits the athletes pocket in a sport with only 9.9.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT