ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Minnesota

You guys have higher expectations for the teenage mind than me. I’ve already raised 3 and have a 16 and 10 year old. I don’t take most of what they say as rational.
Ok, that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be called out and ridiculed, though, when they can’t back up their bravado.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
it’s not really arnold’s call. you can’t duck someone if you’re not the starter.

if you think arnold doesn’t want a crack at starocci you’re nuts lol
So Gabe ran his mouth about Starocci then couldn’t even beat out the JV 165 for a shot at him? Wow, how embarrassing.

• Haha
Reactions: SlipperyPete12
Ok, that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be called out and ridiculed, though, when they can’t back up their bravado.
First, he may still wrestle Starocci. Second, I don’t think Gabe reads this board so not sure how anyone is calling him out.

If we had 5 almost guaranteed champs, and most likely 8 AA’s, I wouldn’t concern myself with the demise of every other program.
ok, what lens would you like to view Iowa through on a Penn State board?

We can celebrate their successes more? If we did that we’d basically be the most condescending and arrogant group of people on Earth. That would look a lot like pity. Prefer that?

Reactions: danoftw

We can celebrate their successes more? If we did that we’d basically be the most condescending and arrogant group of people on Earth. That would look a lot like pity. Prefer that?
No money in feeling sorry for the hawks. In this economy there’s no way I could afford to give up my PAID IOWA HATER gig to be a broke IOWA PITIER no matter how much it hurts me to see them struggle.

You should view them through the same lens as Ohio St and Michigan. Yet Iowa is dissected and discussed 100 times more than either program. Why is that? This is a serious question. I really want to know the difference between Iowa and the other top 5 or 6 programs.

In a season where we are lacking any potential for a team race at Big Tens or NCAA’s, stuff like Arnold calling out Starocci is necessary to have anything worthwhile to talk about. I’m glad he did it, even if it results in him getting squished.

I agree with you. F@$$, if there was social media when I was in high school...

Hopefully, the match happens.

You should view them through the same lens as Ohio St and Michigan. Yet Iowa is dissected and discussed 100 times more than either program. Why is that? This is a serious question. I really want to know the difference between Iowa and the other top 5 or 6 programs.
We talked about Ohio State a lot when they were relevant.

One big difference with Iowa is the off-the-mat entertainment. Ryan has some of that too, but he's just one man.

@jmadden1998 is a good poster. @js8793 and @jrod65 also frequent this board. I appreciate their perspectives. @WildTurk is an asshat.
There seem to be lots of good Iowa posters on this site. I think @WildTurk has some pretty good posts too, but there are some questionable ones, as well. Lol. Who said @Madden1998 isn't a good poster? But, if he wants to give it out, then he should expect to take some in return too. It's all in good fun. Isn't that what this is all about?

There seem to be lots of good Iowa posters on this site. I think @WildTurk has some pretty good posts too, but there are some questionable ones, as well. Lol. Who said @Madden1998 isn't a good poster? But, if he wants to give it out, then he should expect to take some in return too. It's all in good fun. Isn't that what this is all about?

Oh, for sure the back and forth is part of the game. I was just adding Hawk fans that contribute to this board to @Psubiomed 's post. Thanks to @PAgeologist for citing stark. I'm sure I'm missing others as well. As for Turk, well, questionable is one way to put it.

Okay, maybe offensive is a better word choice than questionable. Lol.
porque-no-los-dos-spanish-tv-commercial-jsl20fmz0duw9cra.gif

But i read on here all the time that no one cares about any national titles more than 20 years ago. So it’s the fan base?
I can really only speak for my own perceptions, and if I’m being honest, the former dynasty element and still the most consistent threat recently(last ~15 years) has a lot to do with it. Fan base yeah, but that’s unique to each individual’s encounters. Some of the HR writers’ reports around 2010 about Cael, Iowa State, and PSU epitomize my characterization of the general Iowa fan. Think that’s definitely changed to the present, but it’s there.

My cousin wrestled for Iowa for a couple years, last year was the cancelled virus season. Was a “room guy”. He told me some cool stories about some of the bigger names during the time which helped me empathize a bit with the human side of things. I still just can’t imagine not having significant resentment for Iowa, though. Probably a personal issue at this point lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT