ADVERTISEMENT

Is there an American team less loved than the womens soccer team?

Marylovesthelions

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2008
Mt Dora FL
They were beaten by Sweden and knocked out of the World Cup. Hard to feel sorry for women who play for a country that they hate. They do like American $. The team should pay a huge honorarium to Rapinoe to shut up.
Most are nice people, but the most vocal have been unlikable. People like nice people.

They were beaten by Sweden and knocked out of the World Cup. Hard to feel sorry for women who play for a country that they hate. They do like American $. The team should pay a huge honorarium to Rapinoe to shut up.
Most are nice people, but the most vocal have been unlikable. People like nice people.
Should pay them with Yuan

Last edited:
I don’t recall ever hoping one of our teams lost, even some teams I wasn’t wild about (like some of the men’s basketball teams)…but even those teams I still wanted to win. This team needed an ego check.

I get it if you want to protest but if they really had any conviction they should have refused to play on the National Team then I would have more respect for them - this was basically I want my cake and eat it too -hypocrisy.
Well said, it's basically the idea of anti-capitalism and anti-Americanism, but considering that, I still want to benefit from all the fruits this "system" affords me. They all do it, it's why Kaepernick is still desperate to play in the league. I'd have a ton more respect if these "birthing people" just said " I hate this place, I won't profit off of it's ideals like some corporate schill, I'm out."

What a sad state of affairs when a lot of people are rooting for the team from their country to lose.. hate to say it ..but I was too. Good riddance to Rapinoe ..to me she seems like a cancer to that team.
She's a cancer to the image of the team and part of the reason that many in the U.S. root against the team. If the "owners" and administrators that head of the U.S. womens kick ball team put any priority on selling the image of the team to the U.S. public at large she would not be on the team.

It's been said that Rapinoe or whatever her name is was on the team for her leadership. Obviously she failed in that regard. So the fact they put her on the team even though they knew the image she presented to the public was controversial in some regard should be looked at in evaluating the team's failure as a mistake. Maybe they will change their priorities regarding choosing leaders for their next team. But I doubt it.

From where this team came from to where it is and the direction it seems to be going it seems I be rooting for them to make a quick exit in their future tournaments as well.......

Which American players hate their country? Does Alyssa Naeher, a Penn Stater, hate her country? Any evidence you can offer to support your claim?

Also it's women's soccer. Why should anyone but women soccer players and maybe their families care? As if men's soccer isn't boring enough.
I stupidly recorded this game. The first time ever I bothered to record a women's soccer game. And right on cue no scoring in 120 minutes (hard to do that) so it goes to PKs and my recording ran out right before the PK round. A colossal waste of time.

I get it if you want to protest but if they really had any conviction they should have refused to play on the National Team then I would have more respect for them - this was basically I want my cake and eat it too -hypocrisy.
Besides the ridiculously unacceptable anti American kneeling for our national anthem there is also this thing called playing soccer and they ain't so hot. 0 goals in 3 games, gimme a freaking break.

Rapinoe could not even lift the ball in the air, her corner kicks and entry passes were low line drives that could not be controlled well. Why is she playing? I thought our best player was Dennis Rodman's kid.

Besides the ridiculously unacceptable anti American kneeling for our national anthem there is also this thing called playing soccer and they ain't so hot. 0 goals in 3 games, gimme a freaking break.

Rapinoe could not even lift the ball in the air, her corner kicks and entry passes were low line drives that could not be controlled well. Why is she playing? I thought our best player was Dennis Rodman's kid.
IDK, she got a ton of air on that PK.

Just saw an ABC reporter in Melbourne doing her best Bob Ucker, breathlessly saying “she juuuuust missed on a PK to win the game!l” when the kick was about eight feet too high.

Last edited:
The “hate this country” stuff is complete BS.

“I love America more than any other country in the world and, exactly for this reason, I insist upon the right to criticize her perpetually.” ~ James Baldwin
In which game(s) did US players kneel for the anthem? Must have missed it.

One thin I’ve noticed is Russian and Chinese teams really love their country. I have never seen one of their team members protest their anthem. I always root for those two teams specifically and was very, very upset during the Miracle on Ice. I cannot decide which movie is more vile, Miracle on Ice or Rudy.

Eyeroll

Some of the shittiest Americans happen to be flag-fetishists

they couldn't sing our national anthem. F em!!. glad they lost. just my opn.
i never knew that not singing our National Anthem prior to competing was evidence of hating our country. I will start playing closer attention to the athletes before the start of the multitude of athletic events I attend each year. I have attended many, many, many athletic events in the past and do not recall any team having all members belting out the Star Spangled Banner. In fact, most teams stand in respectful silence during the playing or singing of the National Anthem by others. Not singing is a big nonissue—just something to bitch about.

One thin I’ve noticed is Russian and Chinese teams really love their country. I have never seen one of their team members protest their anthem. I always root for those two teams specifically and was very, very upset during the Miracle on Ice. I cannot decide which movie is more vile, Miracle on Ice or Rudy.
If you think that’s actually the case, you aren’t bright.

Reactions: NittanyChris
If you think that’s actually the case, you aren’t bright.
which part is not true? They clearly live their country. We need more Americans like the Russian and Chinese. True patriots.

• Haha
Reactions: GreggK
I stupidly recorded this game. The first time ever I bothered to record a women's soccer game. And right on cue no scoring in 120 minutes (hard to do that) so it goes to PKs and my recording ran out right before the PK round. A colossal waste of time.
Always

What they hate isn't their country, but rather the injustices and inequalities that still exist for many in our society. For some, simply rewriting history to whitewash things that were wrong or need improvement is the chosen path. For others, openly addressing and trying to remedy these issues is the chosen path. I'm no fan of Megan Rapinoe, but I was up at 5:00 AM this morning to watch our team play. You certainly got the reaction you sought from this board, but I bet most who replied with venom wish it were the 60's again when racial, religious, and sexual minorities "knew their place". I'd lay even odds that you still think the 2020 election was stolen (it wasn't, but isn't it ironic who DID try to steal it)

I don't as far as soccer is concerned. I feel sorry for all lost people that they find conviction, repentance, and salvation.
Your Christianity is A LOT different than my Christianity. So people who care about correcting inequities and caring about others in our society who are less fortunate and have little or no voice are "lost"? Jesus might have some interesting thoughts on that subject. I'd love to hear your thoughts on Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Jews, and the billions of additional people who believe in a large variety of worldwide religions.

Last edited:
i never knew that not singing our National Anthem prior to competing was evidence of hating our country. I will start playing closer attention to the athletes before the start of the multitude of athletic events I attend each year. I have attended many, many, many athletic events in the past and do not recall any team having all members belting out the Star Spangled Banner. In fact, most teams stand in respectful silence during the playing or singing of the National Anthem by others. Not singing is a big nonissue—just something to bitch about.
Is not singing the anthem evidence of standing up for an injustice?

Can you tell me any sacrifices rapinoe is willing to make to make things right?

What they hate isn't their country, but rather the injustices and inequalities that still exist for many in our society. For some, simply rewriting history to whitewash things that were wrong or need improvement is the chosen path. For others, openly addressing and trying to remedy these issues is the chosen path. I'm no fan of Megan Rapinoe, but I was up at 5:00 AM this morning to watch our team play. You certainly got the reaction you sought from this board, but I bet most who replied with venom wish it were the 60's again when racial, religious, and sexual minorities "knew their place". I'd lay even odds that you still think the 2020 election was stolen (it wasn't, but isn't it ironic who DID try to steal it)
Bs. She cashes that çheck despite the supposed injustice. Can you tell us any sacrifice rapinoe is willing to make to make things right?

I protest injustices, rape, murder and crime by booing rapinoe. I take a knee when she plays.

Last edited:
Bs. She cashes that çheck despite the supposed injustice. Can you tell us any sacrifice rapinoe is willing to make to make things right?
Does incurring the wrath of people like you count? :) I said in my earlier post that I am not a big fan of Megan Rapinoe --- but I do understand the issues that she and many athletes are trying to use their platform to address. Neither you nor I know how much of her own time and money goes into that support, but I suspect it is considerable.

Last edited:
Does incurring the wrath of people like you count? :) I said in my earlier post that I am not a fan of Megan Rapinoe --- but I do understand the issues that she and many athletes are trying to use their platform to address.
No. That counts for nothing. She was not expecting wrath and she did not end any injustices. Wasn't that her supposed goal?

The reality is she hates america. She does not care about justice for anyone but herself.

. LGBTQs are not accepted by many. Their own families don't accept them so they have to blame someone. They don't want to blame their families so they blame the man.

Last edited:
No. That counts for nothing. She was not expecting wrath and she did not end any injustices. Wasn't that her supposed goal?

The reality is she hates america. She does not care about justice for anyone but herself. This is common in the LGBTQ and black communities. LGBTQs are not accepted by many. Their own families don't accept them so they have to blame someone. They don't want to blame their families so they blame the man.
There are many help lines out there. I suggest you call one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT