ADVERTISEMENT

Is there an American team less loved than the womens soccer team?

Get ready for Rapinoe to be a studio announcer for whatever network carries the next women’s World Cup. She will never go away.

Reactions: dailybuck777
They were beaten by Sweden and knocked out of the World Cup. Hard to feel sorry for women who play for a country that they hate. They do like American $. The team should pay a huge honorarium to Rapinoe to shut up.
Most are nice people, but the most vocal have been unlikable. People like nice people.
I am sorry they did not get more of a beating. I wanted them embarrassed. I also hope the plane breaks down on the way home over a communist country. They should spend a few months in north Korea for a reality check.

Last edited:
What they hate isn't their country, but rather the injustices and inequalities that still exist for many in our society. For some, simply rewriting history to whitewash things that were wrong or need improvement is the chosen path. For others, openly addressing and trying to remedy these issues is the chosen path. I'm no fan of Megan Rapinoe, but I was up at 5:00 AM this morning to watch our team play. You certainly got the reaction you sought from this board, but I bet most who replied with venom wish it were the 60's again when racial, religious, and sexual minorities "knew their place". I'd lay even odds that you still think the 2020 election was stolen (it wasn't, but isn't it ironic who DID try to steal it)
No different than 2016 when Hillary claimed the election was stolen!

What they hate isn't their country, but rather the injustices and inequalities that still exist for many in our society. For some, simply rewriting history to whitewash things that were wrong or need improvement is the chosen path. For others, openly addressing and trying to remedy these issues is the chosen path. I'm no fan of Megan Rapinoe, but I was up at 5:00 AM this morning to watch our team play. You certainly got the reaction you sought from this board, but I bet most who replied with venom wish it were the 60's again when racial, religious, and sexual minorities "knew their place". I'd lay even odds that you still think the 2020 election was stolen (it wasn't, but isn't it ironic who DID try to steal it)
You're definitely right that there is extreme bias in America and the rights of citizens are under attack.

When you have a sitting president indicting a former president and his top political challenger 3 times now each exactly 1 day after evidence of crimes by the current president and his family were exposed, then you see the pattern and recognize it as pure political persecution. It's as if we woke up in a 3rd world communist dictatorship because that's where those tactics are employed.

And if they can politically persecute a former president in the open then my friends, it can be done to you and your family at any time for any reason. So yes, our very freedom is under attack. Probably best to stand up to it now because when they come to your door it is too late. We get one chance on this and your children and their children's future hinges on it.

So anyone that disagrees or finds objection to taking a knee during the national anthem is a racist? Seriously? Sexist?
That is a disgusting thing to say. Shame on you.

You began this thread by stating that USWNT players hate their country. You were asked to produce evidence to support this allegation. Still waiting.
Kneeling for our anthem, disinterest during our anthem, calling us a racist nation. I know you see patriotism in them. Just proves how messed up liberals are. Eternal victims.

To sum this up. I and many Americans do not want or need the people who entertain us to tell us their politics, perversions, or peculiarities. Just do your job, sit fine, and shut up.
Peter, Paul, and Mary performed at many anti-war protests. When you paid money, they never talked politics, and they would stay for hours to greet the audience. We saw them in the Kansas City Music Hall, an almost perfect acoustic theater. Their voices and acoustic guitar were amazing

Kneeling for our anthem, disinterest during our anthem, calling us a racist nation. I know you see patriotism in them. Just proves how messed up liberals are. Eternal victims.
Which players knelt during our anthem? Which were "disinterested " (can't wait for the test to determine that one)? And doing either means they hate our country?

Alexi Lalas was pretty brutal. "A failure of epic proportions". He said that the USA has never finished worse than third and we went out in the round of 16. "They failed to adapt" and counted on older players who were far past their prime. While they played well in regulation time, the penalty kicks were awful. Two would have missed if the goalie simply picked her nose. The third, well, the goalie could have picked her nose but at least it hit the upright.

The third analyst was more kind pointing out that germany, highly ranked coming it, got eliminated in the Group Stage underscoring that women's soccer has much improved and almost every team is good.

Reactions: bison13
I am sorry they did not get more of a beating. I wanted them embarrassed. I also hope the plane breaks down on the way home over a communist country. They should spend a few months in north Korea for a reality check.
Especially the pilot who flew over North Korea on the way from Australia to the US

I don't know if they "hate" the US but I do think protesting while still accepting and getting paid to play on the NATIONAL Team seems a bit hypocritical - they have the right to do whatever they want but being on the National Team is not a right it is a privilege and if they don't feel they can accept all they goes along with it they should pass and no it's not my country right or wrong but there is a place and time for everything and embarrasing your country while representing it on the world stage doesn't seem to be the right place.

I don't want people on a PSU football board sharing their political thoughts either. You have done this many times now and continue to claim that you meant to post it on the test board.

Reactions: NJPSU
Alexi Lalas was pretty brutal. "A failure of epic proportions". He said that the USA has never finished worse than third and we went out in the round of 16. "They failed to adapt" and counted on older players who were far past their prime. While they played well in regulation time, the penalty kicks were awful. Two would have missed if the goalie simply picked her nose. The third, well, the goalie could have picked her nose but at least it hit the upright.

The third analyst was more kind pointing out that germany, highly ranked coming it, got eliminated in the Group Stage underscoring that women's soccer has much improved and almost every team is good.
He's right and wrong. "Counting" on broken players is not a good strategy, especially as we have seen the broken over the last 18 months. If they were "hoping" something would change on their flight over, it's on them. This team was bad 18 months ago. And again, with a puppet head coach controlled by US Soccer and Nike, can't really say he is good or bad because he is not allowed to cut shitty players or promote young phenoms. But my opinion based on lineups and subs of shitty players, is that he is bad. Lalas is right about the talent on the worldwide stage though, it's lightyears better than even four years ago, and that is good for ladies around the world that love to play the game.

Reactions: Obliviax
I don't know if they "hate" the US but I do think protesting while still accepting and getting paid to play on the NATIONAL Team seems a bit hypocritical - they have the right to do whatever they want but being on the National Team is not a right it is a privilege and if they don't feel they can accept all they goes along with it they should pass and no it's not my country right or wrong but there is a place and time for everything and embarrasing your country while representing it on the world stage doesn't seem to be the right place.
Agreed. I didn't see all of the games nor the national anthems. But I didn't see anything that was disrespectful of the anthem or the USA. Having said that, I did see some behavior that raised an eyebrow in terms of bad taste, bad sportmanpersonship and a lack of self-awareness. Leading up, there was a lot of chirping that these gals were past their prime and others stating that they spent far too much time preening and on endorsements than preparing. I don't know. But I did find the previous team's parade to be a bit much and the gal that pretended to take sip of tea after scoring against the UK over the top. But that is pretty standard these days in all of sports, sadly.

They were beaten by Sweden and knocked out of the World Cup. Hard to feel sorry for women who play for a country that they hate. They do like American $. The team should pay a huge honorarium to Rapinoe to shut up.
Most are nice people, but the most vocal have been unlikable. People like nice people.
It's a young team and hopefully they can learn from what happened from this Cup..both physically and emotionally. On the Worlds Greatest Stage for the sport..the Senior Leadership on the Team did not step up...this was the time to put politics aside and just.."DO IT"...but they failed. And..the rest of the World is catching up...America has dominated for many years...but change needs to happen across the board. I too was hoping the would lose..which is sad...but brought on by the boorish behavior of many ( not all) on the team...and they are getting called out on it as they head home..

He's right and wrong. "Counting" on broken players is not a good strategy, especially as we have seen the broken over the last 18 months. If they were "hoping" something would change on their flight over, it's on them. This team was bad 18 months ago. And again, with a puppet head coach controlled by US Soccer and Nike, can't really say he is good or bad because he is not allowed to cut shitty players or promote young phenoms. But my opinion based on lineups and subs of shitty players, is that he is bad. Lalas is right about the talent on the worldwide stage though, it's lightyears better than even four years ago, and that is good for ladies around the world that love to play the game.
The US was the first ranked team and Sweden was the third ranked team coming into this tournament. The fact that neither team could score a single goal in over 120 minutes of play in their game tells me a lot of the quality of women's soccer; maybe it has improved since the US won its first World Cup, but it's still not great for even the best teams. Incidentally, Germany was the second ranked team coming into this tournament, and they ended up scoring a grand total of 1 goal in their last two games.

IMO, the soccer field, which probably is too big for male players to create enough scoring chances, is way too big for female players. And I say that as an avid soccer fan who even watches Mexican league games on TUDN that are broadcast in Spanish.

Last edited:
well, my wife is a very accomplished person so I love the women making money. I also have a daughter that, I would hope, makes equal income given her job performance as it compares to a man. having said that, I love listening to both sides of the argument.

According to "Outkick", the men made 4 x the money the woman made but the money will be put into a pool and divided equally. Is that right?

The US was the first ranked team and Sweden was the third ranked team coming into this tournament. The fact that neither team could score a single goal in over 120 minutes of play in their game tells me a lot of the quality of women's soccer; maybe it has improved since the US won its first World Cup, but it's still not great for even the best teams. Incidentally, Germany was the second ranked team coming into this tournament, and they ended up scoring a grand total of 1 goal in their last two games.

IMO, the soccer field, which probably is too big for male players to create enough scoring chances, is way too big for female players. And I say that as an avid soccer fan who even watches Mexican league games on TUDN that are broadcast in Spanish.
I don't care where they were ranked before, I've watched it unfold for 18 months. All sports are different between Men and Women, so comparing games between the two is a waste of time. You are either a fan or not.

Are low scoring men’s games, or low scoring football games, an indictment on the quality of the teams? That was a lot higher quality game than many high scoring games in my opinion (heck, it could have been a 2-0 game with an average GK playing against us).

Reactions: NJPSU
Are low scoring men’s games, or low scoring football games, an indictment on the quality of the teams? That was a lot higher quality game than many high scoring games in my opinion (heck, it could have been a 2-0 game with an average GK playing against us).
So much was made of the Swedish keeper making so many great saves, but in reality very few of the US shots had enough power on them that she shouldn't have saved them. And as far as Sweden goes, toward the end of regulation and for all of the overtime, they just played for penalty kicks.

Again, I'll repeat that for the men, and definitely for the women, the field is too big and eleven a side probably are too many. It's not the lack of goals so much but the lack of legitimate goal scoring chances that is my main issue.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
I don't care where they were ranked before, I've watched it unfold for 18 months. All sports are different between Men and Women, so comparing games between the two is a waste of time. You are either a fan or not.
I'm not a fan of the USWNT, and a very lukewarm fan of the USMNT. My national team of choice is Gli Azzurri because of my heritage and the fact that I grew up watching them as early as the 1982 World Cup; my club team is Inter Milan.

Reactions: OzLion
No, it's more of a style of play.

No, it's more of a style of play.
I agree. And I think it goes to the poster that posted earlier saying the fields are too large for the less athletic women.

When I watch a men's game, the athleticism comes through no matter where they are. Plus, the ball moves to in front of the goal much quicker and there appears to be more drama because it is in scoring position. The women's game gets bogged down in the middle of the field too much as they have difficulty with long passes. When it is in the middle of the field, there is less drama.

Now, I can understand someone who likes to see great, crisp short passing enjoying the woman's game more. I actually like it but it is clear that there are not a lot of great athletes. I recall the Dallas under 15 team wiped out the girl's national team this year which shows you the difference between the men's and women's games.

I thought the game was very competitive and the women put forth great effort, but the level of play was surprisingly low. You can get a hard-fought, competitive game at any level--pee wee, rec league, etc. It doesn't mean that the quality of play was good.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I thought the game was very competitive and the women put forth great effort, but the level of play was surprisingly low. You can get a hard-fought, competitive game at any level--pee wee, rec league, etc. It doesn't mean that the quality of play was good.
I agree with you. IMO, the level of play in his tournament has not been high.

Reactions: NewEra 2014
I agree with you. IMO, the level of play in his tournament has not been high.
There was the one, young, South African gal that was unreal. She had a different speed gear and nobody could keep up with her. She gave the Dutch fits. And she was great to watch. I can't recall her age

As far as women’s soccer goes, I found the level of play pretty high in that one.

To sum this up. I and many Americans do not want or need the people who entertain us to tell us their politics, perversions, or peculiarities. Just do your job, sit fine, and shut up.
Peter, Paul, and Mary performed at many anti-war protests. When you paid money, they never talked politics, and they would stay for hours to greet the audience. We saw them in the Kansas City Music Hall, an almost perfect acoustic theater. Their voices and acoustic guitar were amazing
It's called free speech. You don't have to listen. Geez. If you lived in another country where freedom of expression could get you the Navanly treatment you would think differently.

I agree. And I think it goes to the poster that posted earlier saying the fields are too large for the less athletic women.

When I watch a men's game, the athleticism comes through no matter where they are. Plus, the ball moves to in front of the goal much quicker and there appears to be more drama because it is in scoring position. The women's game gets bogged down in the middle of the field too much as they have difficulty with long passes. When it is in the middle of the field, there is less drama.

Now, I can understand someone who likes to see great, crisp short passing enjoying the woman's game more. I actually like it but it is clear that there are not a lot of great athletes. I recall the Dallas under 15 team wiped out the girl's national team this year which shows you the difference between the men's and women's games.

I'm sorry, but the correct answer is to recruit more Jimmy's and Joe's and put some dresses on them. Only half joking.

• Haha
Reactions: Obliviax
Tough to say it was competitive and level of play was low at the same time. Been coaching soccer for 20+ years, their system was horrible and created very few opportunities, which I knew from prior to the world cup it would be that way. And there are toxic players on the team, love them or hate them, that does not do well for chemistry in women's soccer. That is a simple fact (unlike men who just slog along with what they have to deal with). Players on the field that shouldn't of been, great young players passed over to give old ladies their limelight. For instance, in 2015 Abby Wambach was done, but encouraged positively from the sideline and said all the right things, and the team loved her. You would think some would follow her example, but nope, they demanded to play and the US and Nike supported it.

It's called free speech. You don't have to listen. Geez. If you lived in another country where freedom of expression could get you the Navanly treatment you would think differently.
They expressed their views. And so many, many people also had the right to hate and disagree with their opinions and dislike the team.
The point was sports was an escape from politics and something to unite the country. But left wing dipshits and their constant victimhood bs destroy everything.

IMO, the soccer field, which probably is too big for male players to create enough scoring chances, is way too big for female players.

Again, I'll repeat that for the men, and definitely for the women, the field is too big and eleven a side probably are too many. It's not the lack of goals so much but the lack of legitimate goal scoring chances that is my main issue.

Wouldn't a smaller field cut down on available space and create fewer scoring chances?

🛎🛎 ding ding

winner!

IMO, the soccer field, which probably is too big for male players to create enough scoring chances, is way too big for female players. And I say that as an avid soccer fan who even watches Mexican league games on TUDN that are broadcast in SpSpanish.
No. The problem is not the size of the field. The problem is scheme. These teams all play for a tie. They really don't attack.

Pre Pele teams had 5 forwards. Brazil 1948 with Pele 4 forwards. Now teams are playing with one player up top.

If they put everyone on defense, what do they expect?

Reactions: GregInPitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT