ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Hall at Scuffle?

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
I apologize if I am way out of the loop on this one, but can anyone confirm if Mark Hall did or did not get into the Scuffle?
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: lpfirman
174 Southern Scuffle Contenders

#3 Casey Kent, Penn
#5 Brian Realbuto, Cornell
#6 Kyle Crutchmer, Oklahoma State
#8 Ethan Ramos, UNC
#10 Taylor Lujan, UNI
#14 Ryan Preisch, Lehigh
#17 Jim Wilson, Stanford
#18 Jadaen Bernstein, Navy
Kimball Bastian, Utah Valley
Nick Kee, App State
Dylan Wisman, Missouri
Mark Hall, Penn State

Reactions: findtheStrength
174 Southern Scuffle Contenders

#3 Casey Kent, Penn
#5 Brian Realbuto, Cornell
#6 Kyle Crutchmer, Oklahoma State
#8 Ethan Ramos, UNC
#10 Taylor Lujan, UNI
#14 Ryan Preisch, Lehigh
#17 Jim Wilson, Stanford
#18 Jadaen Bernstein, Navy
Kimball Bastian, Utah Valley
Nick Kee, App State
Dylan Wisman, Missouri
Mark Hall, Penn State
hall/preisch should be interesting if it comes about. looks like a pretty tough weight class. will be fun to follow.

Reactions: Creek Side
Hall against Preisch or Wilson would provide some excellent fodder for the pull-the-shirt? debate.

Morelli beat Wilson 6-3, but it was fairly dominant performance by Morelli.

Rasheed lost to Preisch 6-3, but it was 4-3 most of the third period. Rasheed actually had for first takedown of the match IIRC.

Reactions: papa_ed
Morelli beat Wilson 6-3, but it was fairly dominant performance by Morelli.

Rasheed lost to Preisch 6-3, but it was 4-3 most of the third period. Rasheed actually had for first takedown of the match IIRC.

Why they over-turned the takedown in that match was a head-scratcher to me.

Reactions: diggerpup
So excited to watch the Scuffle now.

Cannot agree more. I worked on my system in the basement in the off season so I could watch flo or Big Ten Network on my big TV easier. I was especially excited for the scuffle. When I learned PSU would not be there this year I was bumbed. Will watch midlands but it's not the same.

I think we need Hall to win it...Yes no question now....

You're halfway to posting your same exact thought 1,000 times on this forum.

Keep it up. You can do it. Only 500 more times repeating yourself.

Long time until March.

Some are all about instant gratification while others like to bank for the future. To each their own. I believe we can and will win it without Hall this year.
AntGrasshopper.jpg

Some are all about instant gratification while others like to bank for the future. To each their own. I believe we can and will win it without Hall this year.

I get spyker I do.

But talking past him for a second...many of these claims by fans, family members, boosters, coaches, etc are more about themselves then the team they root for.

Cael has show time and again that he will take the hard right if it's the right thing to do in his mind and that of the coaches. Even if it invites criticism or has potential pain associated.

So back to spyker, he wants to win so bad and psu sports at that it often clouds his online persona. If you talked to him "in the mat room", I'm sure he would be a good time to talk shop.

Assuming nothing changes with plans and Hall wrestles the Scuffle. Mark will win and be very convincing and conversations will become interesting.

With that said, Penn State wins the NCAA team championship no matter who wrestles 174 for the Lions

Reactions: NittanyLion84
A lot of PSU arrogance in here. Mark Hall might be needed to win a championship... and that's ok!

Some of you act like if they pull Hall's redshirt that we have to admit something about the program. Like you're worried about the gap being too close or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21Guns
A lot of PSU arrogance in here. Mark Hall might be needed to win a championship... and that's ok!

Some of you act like if they pull Hall's redshirt that we have to admit something about the program. Like you're worried about the gap being too close or something.

I think most people are saying that Cael knows what he's doing.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
I'm just glad Hall's wrestling in the Scuffle because no Penn State at any holiday tournament is disappointing (not as if Reno was going to be much of a test for too many of the guys--this holiday season was already bound to be disappointing).

Not to revoke my Loyalty and Trust Cael pledge, but I don't think whether Hall's shirt is pulled is going to be contingent on his performance at the Scuffle (which I think he'll win--I'd bet big on Hall in a rematch of that loss, which felt like an outlier), I think it's going to be on Geno and Rasheed's performances at the upcoming duals. Wins against Wanzek and Barnes are musts, and a win against Meyer would probably clinch Hall remaining on the sidelines.

The biggest disappointment in not going to Reno was that at the very least it would've moved the Geno or Rasheed question along while helping position both for the B1G tournament. Maybe Reno would've been enough to decide on a starter and not have to use the duals to platoon them for longer.

Just my two cents, I'd rather this not become another will they pull Hall's redshirt thread. That's been done.

How do people think he will do in the scuffle? I think he wins it all and will do so quite convincingly.

Just my two cents, I'd rather this not become another will they pull Hall's redshirt thread. That's been done.

How do people think he will do in the scuffle? I think he wins it all and will do so quite convincingly.

I think he has a good chance to win the Scuffle but it is far from a given. As always fans (and this isn't just PSU fans) almost always have expectations of blue chip recruits that are unrealistic. That's not to say that Hall won't meet those expectations as some recruits do and I sure hope he is one, but most do not, especially as true frosh. Heck, the magic man lost several matches as a true frosh. Expecting a true frosh to be the difference maker that wins us the NCAA team title is not only unrealistic it is VERY unfair to Hall.

I am not certain about convincingly but I also think he will win. I am rooting for convincingly though. When he does there will be a ton more threads about his shirt, red or otherwise, that's for sure.

It will certainly up the amperage on the discussion if he wins. It's a pretty impressive field. One thing that separates him from a lot of true freshman is his age and physical development. Taylor as a freshman was transitioning from a 135 high school senior to a 157 redshirt freshman, so it was a lot different that Hall's current situation to me.

Reactions: LHavenlion
I think he'll place 2nd to Realbuto in a really tight match.

That's my prediction for a finals match-up (Realbuto vs Hall), if they are on opposite sides of the bracket.

My lean is also toward Realbuto winning, especially if he is bigger than Hall. I don't have a lot of Hall analysis to back that up though -- just a gut feeling.

Reactions: LemonPie
This isn't directed toward any one person on here, but nonetheless here are a few thoughts that come to mind based on the conversation. It's a little scary for us to think that a head coach is always right, can be, should be, or is infallible. Cael will tell you himself that some of the decisions being made are really just guesses. Hopefully educated guesses, but many times they are made with only partial information. And after they are made, and not having the ability to have scenario A and B play out for comparison sake, it's still can be a wonder as to whether the correct decision was made. So the concept of "In Cael we trust" should be applied surely to his (and the rest of the coaching staffs) intent, but not toward him always being clairvoyantly correct. Only god can do that!

Reactions: purescurve
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT