ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Hall at Scuffle?

Lion 6 - not sure if your question is rhetorical or not, but nonetheless I'll take a stab at it.
Whether it's possible for a head coach to make strategic errors, even when they've been highly successful in the past?
No sarcasm intended, but I think that's the jist of what the bickering/question is about.

Thanks for the flashback. When Robertson hit that 3-run homer I was sitting at the red light at the Corner Room. Fall of my senior year.
I was getting a questioning look from my 6th grade teacher. Pretty sure she knew that ear piece sticking out of the neck line of my shirt was attached to my radio, but she let it go.

Lion 6 - not sure if your question is rhetorical or not, but nonetheless I'll take a stab at it.
Whether it's possible for a head coach to make strategic errors, even when they've been highly successful in the past?
No sarcasm intended, but I think that's the jist of what the bickering/question is about.
It was kinda rhetorical, but thanks for the response.
I am sure there are times it is (or will be) tempting to pull Hall's shirt. Last year they were tempted to nearly pulling the trigger on Joesph's shirt. However, that make a plan, execute the plan and trust the process has been pretty darn successful and it is a thought process that runs deep through that staff.

Reactions: dropster45
Uh-oh, no Realbuto. Hope he isn't injured again.

Noticed that Moss and "Dinsmore" were listed #10 in the pre-seeds.

2016-17 Season Debuts with high pre-seeds: Palacio #1, Minotti #2.

Thorn kicking off the season @ #8.

Thank you Sullivan for adding the schools to the wrestlers names. Much easier to relate.

Reactions: royboy
Man I'm going through PSU Scuffle withdrawal.
No Bowl games, no Scuffle (I'm following our handful of guys). Worst New Years day on record for me. I officially hate the NFL. I succumbed to pressure and a Lifetime movie is on. The lead is really hot albeit no Merill Streep.

No Bowl games, no Scuffle (I'm following our handful of guys). Worst New Years day on record for me. I officially hate the NFL. I succumbed to pressure and a Lifetime movie is on. The lead is really hot albeit no Merill Streep.
How are Penn Staters doing at the scuffle? Thanks.

"Evil Nanny"?

How are Penn Staters doing at the scuffle? Thanks.

It's the Mark Hall show. He dominated the top seed and #3 guy in the country 9-4. He's in the semis tomorrow. Everyone else is either in consolations or has been eliminated:

Giannganelli - 0-2
Moss - 1-2 (MFF last match)
Dinmore - 0-2
Stout - 1-2

They all should be done.

Hall also dominated Jordan Rogers from Okey St. as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: tgar and diggerpup
No, some crazy hot chick stalking her neighbor and offing a couple people along the way. Don't know the title but it wasn't evil nanny, lol.
I saw Josie Davis in a couple of those lifetime movies. She was the other girl in "Charles In Charge" when she was a kid and HOLY JESUS H CHRIST IS SHE HOT NOW. She passed by Nicole Eggert like she was standing still, lmao.

I saw Josie Davis in a couple of those lifetime movies. She was the other girl in "Charles In Charge" when she was a kid and HOLY JESUS H CHRIST IS SHE HOT NOW. She passed by Nicole Eggert like she was standing still, lmao.

thanks, I couldn't remember from where I knew her

oh yeah, Could you please clean up your language?

Last edited:
You know just thinking about it, and not that anyone should care how one person feels, but this is a discussion board after all and I think they should pull his redshirt. It wouldn't necessarily lock in another National Championship, after all a lot can happen with injuries and bad tournaments, but would definitely make it likely. If Mark's showing as the strongest guy at 174, well let's capitalize on it, both for his sake(to be a 4-timer) and the team's.

I saw Josie Davis in a couple of those lifetime movies. She was the other girl in "Charles In Charge" when she was a kid and HOLY [Moley] IS SHE HOT NOW. She passed by Nicole Eggert like she was standing still, lmao.

1118full-josie-davis.jpg

Since everybody is telling Cael and Mark what they should do, I'll throw my nickels worth in as an unbiased fan.

Sit him. I don't care if he comes out and TFs in the finals.

You will have him for two years after Nolf, Bo, Nevills are gone. Three years after Zain. It's going to be pretty close but I don't think you'll need him this year...but you will for the two years after N Cubed leave

Since everybody is telling Cael and Mark what they should do, I'll throw my nickels worth in as an unbiased fan.

Sit him. I don't care if he comes out and TFs in the finals.

You will have him for two years after Nolf, Bo, Nevills are gone. Three years after Zain. It's going to be pretty close but I don't think you'll need him this year...but you will for the two years after N Cubed leave
But what about the 2nd trophy for margin of victory at NCAAs?

Wait -- there isn't one?

Honest question for the board. What percentage chance to win the title would you give the following teams with the following scenarios? I'll include mine just for discussion.

1. Penn State without pulling Hall's shirt - 55%
2. Oklahoma St - 20%
3. Iowa, with a healthy Clark and someone's shirt pulled at 165 - 14%
4. tOSU - 10%
5. The rest of the field - 1%

Ok...I'm amending mine just a little.

Last edited:
Honest question for the board. What percentage chance to win the title would you give the following teams with the following scenarios? I'll include mine just for discussion.

1. Penn State without pulling Hall's shirt - 48%
2. Oklahoma St - 25%
3. Iowa, with a healthy Clark and someone's shirt pulled at 165 - 15%
4. tOSU - 10%
5. The rest of the field - 2%
1. Penn State without pulling Hall's shirt - 65% (85% with Hall shirt pulled)
2. tOSU - 15%
3. OSU - 10%
3. Iowa, with a healthy Clark and someone's shirt pulled at 165 - 10%
5. The rest of the field - 0%

1. Penn State without pulling Hall's shirt - 65% (85% with Hall shirt pulled)
2. tOSU - 15%
3. OSU - 10%
3. Iowa, with a healthy Clark and someone's shirt pulled at 165 - 10%
5. The rest of the field - 0%

Very interesting, Tikk. A bit harsh on OkSt to give them just a 10% shot, IMO.

1. Penn State without pulling Hall's shirt - 48%
2. Oklahoma St - 25%
3. Iowa, with a healthy Clark and someone's shirt pulled at 165 - 15%
4. tOSU - 10%
5. The rest of the field - 2%
1 PSU w/o hall 75%
2 Oklahoma st 5%
3 tOSU 0%
4 iowA with Clark and 165 young 20%

PSU (shirt intact) 85%
Okie St 14.5%
Iowa (Clark a must) 0.5%

PSU (Hall in lineup) 92%
Okie St 8%

Another thing to think about... Manville gives the coaches an opportunity to redshirt Hall at some point before Nickal and Nolf leave. Or you wrestle Hall straight through and Manville gets two years at 174 (Joe Lee 165).

Last edited:
Reactions: PSU James
Not to be a pessimist, but that (gator roll) is very scoutable stuff that everyone he wrestles will now be ready for. Just like Ruth's cradle lost viability, this may as well. Gotta keep developing in other areas, which I'm sure Mark is aware of.

Not to be a pessimist, but that (gator roll) is very scoutable stuff that everyone he wrestles will now be ready for. Just like Ruth's cradle lost viability, this may as well. Gotta keep developing in other areas, which I'm sure Mark is aware of.

How many of you remember Ron Rohn from Lehigh using exactly the same technique to pin his opponent in the NCAA finals? He was just 2 points away from losing by TF with about 40 seconds left on the clock when he hit the cement mixer. Gotta be one of the biggest turnarounds in NCAA finals history.

Hall has numerous attacks. That is just one of them. No worries at all.

Reactions: dicemen99
Guys have made careers off of "scoutable stuff." Chas Mendes (Cal Poly - NCAA Runner Up) used the cement mixer all the time - people knew it was coming and still couldn't stop it. Mark is no 1 trick pony though, it's just one of many ways he can take someone down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT