ADVERTISEMENT

MI@tOSU, IA@IL, etc...

Feldman beat Davidson to clinch the dual for Ohio State. Bormet stood and applauded the effort.....even though Michigan lost. That's what :)
He was applauding during the match. It was sarcastic. Go back and watch, he was doing it during the 2nd period rideout when the stalls were called.

Just got back from the match. Think Bormet was clapping in jest. He went over to the official during the team handshakes, got within an inch or two of the official and was screaming for a good 2 minutes. Official just kept saying okay, okay. Was quite intense.
^^^this, he wasn't genuinely applauding either wrestler's or team's effort. He was making an ass out of himself

Timmy now talking about "culture" for Iowa lmao
Isn't that what they brought Kemerer in to change?

e658e6bc-018d-4d31-9c1f-593c25b994eb_text.gif

True. Honestly. Kennedy should be happy it worked out how it did. I don’t think he makes podium at 165. At 174..like you said, 2-8 there’s no one scary
not to toot my own horn but i might have been the first one on the 174 PK > 165 PK train over on HR. much weaker weight and way better style match ups for him. now that he’s got his lungs back he’s a legit top 8 guy imo.

Well.....being/displaying (there is a difference) "Furious" behavior towards your own wrestler for doing the best he could in a hostile environment would be really ......oh what's the word......STUPID........unless throwing your own wrestler under-the-bus is a great team building behavior. As you said.....to each their own.
Dude. If you want a coach that laughs and smiles as your team loses a dual. Good for you

Isn't that what they brought Kemerer in to change?

e658e6bc-018d-4d31-9c1f-593c25b994eb_text.gif
Dissing Kemerer, really? He's as class as it gets. He had injuries and such.
Forget wrestling, many of these young men are complete roll models and upstanding people.
Michael is one of them.
Let's hope Shane's injuries don't hamper his career.
He's another one of those class guys. You never know how it's going to go.

Forget wrestling, many of these young men are complete roll models and upstanding people.
Michael is one of them.
You sure don't. Tyler Kasak might just AA.

Michael is one of them.
Methinks your sensitivity meter is turned to 11. There are virtually no Kemerer detractors among the sane here. The jokes with his name in them are pokes at the leadership in IC.

Michael is one of them.
Yeah—there was a quote from Brands I believe about them recruiting Kemerer as an effort to improve team culture in Iowa. Good thought, and MK was the right dude for the job—but sure seems like lip service now with the Ferrari saga still unfolding and Kemerer scooting out as soon as he used up his eligibility.

OACDT, I think too many people are discounting David Evans, who seems very much still in the running to start for us in Shayne’s absence.

Reactions: hlstone
Glazier has another year, and Kueter should be a full-sized heavy next year. Bringing AJ into that mix would be the stupidest thing Brands has ever done. The downside far outweighs the upside.

Michael is one of them.
You completely missed the joke. He's a sympathetic figure in this.

Michael is one of them.
Kemerer is one of my all-time favorite wrestlers, even though he wrestled for our biggest rival. I agree, class act all the way!

Yeah—there was a quote from Brands I believe about them recruiting Kemerer as an effort to improve team culture in Iowa. Good thought, and MK was the right dude for the job—but sure seems like lip service now with the Ferrari saga still unfolding and Kemerer scooting out as soon as he used up his eligibility.

OACDT, I think too many people are discounting David Evans, who seems very much still in the running to start for us in Shayne’s absence.
It also helped Brands that Cael had no room for MK.

Just got back from the match. Think Bormet was clapping in jest. He went over to the official during the team handshakes, got within an inch or two of the official and was screaming for a good 2 minutes. Official just kept saying okay, okay. Was quite intense.
That’s how I took it too.

Was doing the same during one of the stall calls, like “yay good for you you’re the star” To the refs.

Reactions: BOSCO2 and danoftw
I don't get the forfeit at 141. You have no one that could go out there? Theoretically 4 backups cover 10 weights in an emergency situation. One could cover 125 and 133, a second for 141-157, a third for 165-184, and another for 197 and heavyweight. You could also tweak the lineup slightly moving guys up so you can get somebody into the lineup. Here's your job, wrestle hard and try not to get pinned.
You get to take 15 guys. 10 starters and someone else to cover two weights each. (I don’t think you can make weight three classes down and wrestle, but someone correct me).

And a failed skin check? No one knew about that?

This is where coaches need to pay attention to details

Ruth was disappointing. Got in twice in 1st Period for what should have been takedowns, but really lacking on his finish attempts. He's strong and quick, missing something, maybe coaching?
If youre not going to be able to go a good seven minutes against a guy like Kennedy then he should have saved himself for the third period to fend off the one shot that you knew would eventually come. The gas tank was empty from being leaned on for the prior 5 minutes.

You get to take 15 guys. 10 starters and someone else to cover two weights each. (I don’t think you can make weight three classes down and wrestle, but someone correct me).

IDK about how the NCAA handles skin check logistics -- but do remember pretty clearly that Snacks had to sit out a big HS tournament because of a failed skin check that was the fault of the local doctor.

Snacks had a prescription from a Fresno doctor who was a nationally-recognized authority on the subject, and had started taking it a few days before leaving home. The prescribed medication was recognized by USA wrestling. The tournament doctor knew better and rejected the prescription.

The Nevills family flew cross-country to see their son compete. Whoops. Tirapelle was steaming hot, and vowed that Clovis would never go to that tourney again (and they haven't).

Take a guess which state this occurred in. Hint: Ironman.

Failed skin check!

I am just friggin waiting for when a multi time national champion fails one at nationals.

For the life of me why not simply cover that area with a 3" buffer with that indestructible surgical clear tape, cover that in an ace bandage and have at it? This ain't rocket science.

For illustrative purposes only - Can you imagine it happening to Carter or Aaron this year?

They need a f$#@ing better solution before there is a travesty. Statistically, sooner or later is going to matter, a lot.

PS - and no Peyton Robb was hit with something else that by the way is around us all the time.

Reactions: mcpat

IIRC we've seen our 184 wrestle heavy. Its not ideal but it is possible. It kills me to see anybody hand the other team 6 points without at least making them compete. Could DR have bumped up to face Mendez and allow someone else to wrestle 133? Sure, he could lose, but he could have lost to Bouzakis. It demonstrates the utter lack of value placed on winning dual meets IMO. Unless their 133 backup is so bad that they know he would get teched or pinned automatically why not try?

Reactions: Ski
More about wrestling up than down. We've seen our 184 wrestle heavy. Its not ideal but it is possible.
Yeah, but I think he needs to weigh in at 185 or something more to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT