ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan match thread - Fri, Jan 19

My litmus test for all these potential national champs is can they get off the bottom against a quality opponent when in a tight match.
That's the last box to check for me with MM.
According to Ben (on FRL today) Mitch is good from bottom. Said a match between him and Keegan won't be determined by top and bottom but will be decided by who finishes and wins the scrambles.

I'm thinking that Austin Gomez's mouth is watering after seeing Kasak go upper body against Rooks. Hopefully Kasak will resist the urge on Friday and uses Gomez's aggressiveness against him.
Heck we don't even know how strong Kasak is I am guessing he is plenty strong!Besides strong means nothing if you can't use it, right OSU!

Amine should be favored due to higher ranking, but MM should take CA's #5 with a win. If voting on tags, I like The Rattler over Psycho, even "Manic" for some M action. Amine is certainly the test we've been waiting for.

adjective​

1. Full of or characterized by frenetic activity or wild excitement.
Higher Rankings??LOL

Reactions: SlipperyPete12
I think Amine will obviously do his thing and try and make it a 3-2 match. That said, I'm not sure he's prepared for the hurricane that is coming his way.

Many will predict a low scoring affair with either wrestling winning by 1-3 points. I'm gonna say it's starts slowly but Mitchell overwhelms him and wins by 6-7 points.

WE ARE!!!

I think Amine will obviously do his thing and try and make it a 3-2 match. That said, I'm not sure he's prepared for the hurricane that is coming his way.

Many will predict a low scoring affair with either wrestling winning by 1-3 points. I'm gonna say it's starts slowly but Mitchell overwhelms him and wins by 6-7 points.

WE ARE!!!
Amine won't go this Friday.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I like The Terminator
i like turtles GIF

If voting on tags, I like The Rattler over Psycho, even "Manic" for some M action.

Yeah but Carter called him Pyscho.

Huge downvote on "psycho" for me too. This isn't the WWE. Maybe Nerf can find out what the guys call him on his next media day visit or ask MM what nickname he prefers.

An off-the-cuff description by CStar should hardly be the branding standard, especially when there are a million better adjectives for relentlessness and tenacity than psycho.

heath ledger batman GIF

the shining horror GIF

psycho text GIF

Reactions: jsn4388
Huge downvote on "psycho" for me too. This isn't the WWE. Maybe Nerf can find out what the guys call him on his next media day visit or ask MM what nickname he prefers.

An off-the-cuff description by CStar should hardly be the branding standard, especially when there are a million better adjectives for relentlessness and tenacity than psycho.

heath ledger batman GIF

the shining horror GIF

psycho text GIF
Ok Grandpa. Get off my lawn and down in front 😂

At the Journeyman Classic, that was one of the things I was specifically looking for from Mitchell. Not the highest level of competition, but I felt better after the tourney.
Also, if I recall, I think he gassed a bit in his first match. So, that was an aberration in regards to what we have seen the rest of the year.
He was on the mat right in front of us for that match. It sure looked like he just got over-hyped.

WE ARE!!!
A 3-2 match with mm would be like watching wrestling in slow motion I don't think it's possible. Hell mm can score three points on accident

WrestleStat Prediction: Penn State over Michigan 29 - 3

These predictions are based on updated ranking as of today (1/15). Interesting that the only loss predicted for PSU is MM to Amine.

Braeden Davis (Penn State) over Michael DeAugustino (Michigan) DEC 8 - 3
Aaron Nagao (Penn State) over Dylan Ragusin (Michigan) DEC 7 - 4
Beau Bartlett (Penn State) over Sergio Lemley (Michigan) DEC 5 - 4
Tyler Kasak (Penn State) over Austin Gomez (Michigan) DEC 8 - 7
Levi Haines (Penn State) over Zack Mattin (Michigan) MD 11 - 2
Cameron Amine (Michigan) over Mitchell Mesenbrink (Penn State) DEC 5 - 4
Carter Starocci (Penn State) over Shane Griffith (Michigan) DEC 5 - 4
Bernie Truax (Penn State) over Jaden Bullock (Michigan) DEC 9 - 6
Aaron Brooks (Penn State) over Bobby Striggow (Michigan) MD 18 - 4
Greg Kerkvliet (Penn State) over Lucas Davison (Michigan) DEC 6 - 4

These predictions are based on updated ranking as of today (1/15). Interesting that the only loss predicted for PSU is MM to Amine.

As usual wrestlestat way off

Gomez Kasak will indeed be very interesting. Feet fly in Gomez matches……we all know.

Now we are entering the real meat of the big 10 schedule, it's about time !

All three freshman matches should be really good. Big tests for all. KYPSW should start to see some separation this week, granted I expect very few of us will not go with our young guns.

Every time I see the name Gomez, I think of RBY signaling touchdown. I want redemption.

Yeah but Carter called him Pyscho. As such, that is his (nick)name.
Your post is an excellent reminder of the god-given power of "The Nickname Dubber" within a given subset of people, particularly young males. By the laws of nature, not everyone has that authority, and when the Nickname Dubber speaks, that is the end of the matter. Sort of like Chevron deference.

Last edited:

heath ledger batman GIF

the shining horror GIF

psycho text GIF
You can't let a guy choose his own nickname, that would be like letting a fighter pilot choose his own call sign.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT