ADVERTISEMENT

NHSCA

Kid I've been watching all day as he is scheduled to compete next year at ETR is Timmy Wallace. Out of Albert Gallatin, not a traditional D7 power. Really lanky, funky, almost sloppy at times but constantly looking to score. Rides high on top but in a good way like Nickal, and you don't want to go upper body with him at all. Really interesting prospect, lots of attacks, good hips, long arms. Unfortunately, he's 2018 so doubtful PSU can really push for him, but would love to see this kid in the Blue and White.
Wallace committed to Kent State.

Yes Indiana but I think he shows up in the Altoona room on occasion. Not sure
Even outside of YG, which you have some allegiance to, obviously...

I highly doubt Jelani Embree shows up to multiple practices a week in Florida. The Schutt team is made up of studs from multiple states. Kong United looks like somebody just started calling at the top of the big boards and waited until somebody said yes at each weight, regardless of where they were from.

For sure I feel the same way as you do as far Club teams go. They should be Club kids not hired guns. YG for the most part does a pretty good job of this. They may load up for Disney with a few kids lol

I'm sure some clubs would have trouble fielding competitive teams if they didn't go out and get some kids and also some Kids from clubs like young guns wouldn't be able to go if they didn't get picked up so some positive aspects too

For sure I feel the same way as you do as far Club teams go. They should be Club kids not hired guns. YG for the most part does a pretty good job of this. They may load up for Disney with a few kids lol
Load up is an understatement....lol

Doesn't Young Guns also have a club in Iowa where The Brands kid trains? I'm almost certain Young Guns was started by Strittmatter and another former Iowa wrestler and there's a club in both states?

Yes. Eric Juergens and Jody. I don't know about Brands practicing there or not.
Maybe he doesn't. I don't know. Just through the years it seems to me Young Guns does a great job of loading their rosters with kids that actually train in their rooms. Maybe I'm just assuming Brands is an Iowa YG wrestler.

Busiello just put on a show against Franklin Regional's Colton Camacho, getting the pin up 10-0.

Pappas doings brands things to Nelson Brands in the early going and rides him well in second. but brands comes back to win 7-6 getting the TD with only seconds left on a really fun scramble.

Correct about Eric juergens? Juergens started YG with jody. He ran Iowa jody pa. Idk what he does now

According to his bio on YGs website he lives in Eldridge Iowa and coaches Augustana college
Edit* stepped down recently but wants to stay involved so I assume still living out there

That may be. Since I've paid any attention to Young Guns wrestling ive always been under the impression that it was always PA and Iowa. My kid has been out to Iowa with jody and been at clinics here in PA with Juergens. Juergens was one of the Iowa coaches

That may be. Since I've paid any attention to Young Guns wrestling ive always been under the impression that it was always PA and Iowa. My kid has been out to Iowa with jody and been at clinics here in PA with Juergens. Juergens was one of the Iowa coaches
That was always my impression as well until the discussion here led me to look into things. I'm thinking after Juergens left Michigan he moved to Iowa and started a YG there.

According to an article I found dated from 2015, Juergens still heads the Michigan club but also started and leads a YG he created when moving back to Iowa and getting the coaching gig at Augustana college which is actually in Illinois. The YG is considered the Iowa/Illinois branch of the club.

Silva takes out Carnell Andrews in OT. Tough break for Bison Legend they've lost 3 straight matches now 1-0, 1-0, OT.

For the life of me I don't get the fascination with Silva. Well, I guess I do as he remains uncommitted. I know it has been mentioned that he is high on PSU but I don't see it. He's a tank and did well against Spencer because of the matchup, but I posted on here last year that I saw him wrestle Real Woods last year at Journeyman and came away with the opinion that Woods is a better prospect. I just don't see Silva bullying around kids with his freak strength in college unless he's a career 125. The match against Carnell was more of the same. Carnell is bigger than him, he can't bully him around. Carnell is slicker and takes him down. But Carnell fades late as usual and takes a stupid shot to let Silva send it to OT and Carnell does the same thing again. Carnell has a lot of talent but needs a lot of work on how to wrestle.

If he wants to come here for no money and make 125 after Suriano moves on, so be it. But honestly, I'm still hoping that Busiello ends up a 125 and I'm way higher on his college prospects than Silva.

Dice. Keep in mind. Few things. Silva was wrestling a weight class up. The mat wrestled on was tiny and the match was shorter.

He definitely couldn't bully Carnell, but when you talk about pace, the new out of bounds rule, a 7 minute match and being in the right weight class... well, I hope you can extrapolate those things.

He's a better fit for college where the refs will make guys work, and no one will be scared of him. Watch that match again and count how many backwards steps Carnell takes. When guys are forced to wrestle him, he scores a lot more.

Not sure where he fits, but Silva is a kid I really want to see come to Penn State. Superman physique, a gas tank as large as Nico's, never surrenders a point and could use a more sophisticated offense.
Sound like somebody we already know?

Dice. Keep in mind. Few things. Silva was wrestling a weight class up. The mat wrestled on was tiny and the match was shorter.

He definitely couldn't bully Carnell, but when you talk about pace, the new out of bounds rule, a 7 minute match and being in the right weight class... well, I hope you can extrapolate those things.

He's a better fit for college where the refs will make guys work, and no one will be scared of him. Watch that match again and count how many backwards steps Carnell takes. When guys are forced to wrestle him, he scores a lot more.
I've seen him wrestle a lot of times. And yes, I acknowledged that he was wrestling a bigger guy - and that's why he couldn't bully him around.

If he's a career 125, I'm guessing he will be fine but even then I think some kids will overtake him. His pace is good and like I said, he's freakishly strong, but I wouldn't call him an uber-recruit like he gets ranked as. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not all that high on him.

Busiello just put on a show against Franklin Regional's Colton Camacho, getting the pin up 10-0.
Yes, he did. Camacho looked good earlier taking Hillegas to the wire. Busiello just owned him on top. He sure loves that jonesy, also.

I've seen him wrestle a lot of times. And yes, I acknowledged that he was wrestling a bigger guy - and that's why he couldn't bully him around.

If he's a career 125, I'm guessing he will be fine but even then I think some kids will overtake him. His pace is good and like I said, he's freakishly strong, but I wouldn't call him an uber-recruit like he gets ranked as. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not all that high on him.

Gotcha. We're not all going to agree on everything. Oh. And he's like a 141. It will be 2 years before he hits a college mat, and I've heard he gets into the 40s now.

Yes, he did. Camacho looked good earlier taking Hillegas to the wire. Busiello just owned him on top. He sure loves that jonesy, also.
What I love about Busiello is that he's not just a Penn State fan, as evidenced by the singlet, he appears to have taken to heart the team's 'fun & points' ethos and modeled his style after Nolf, Nickal, & DT. I don't think I've seen a match where he doesn't let a guy in on his legs and creates off that.

What I love about Busiello is that he's not just a Penn State fan, as evidenced by the singlet, he appears to have taken to heart the team's 'fun & points' ethos and modeled his style after Nolf, Nickal, & DT. I don't think I've seen a match where he doesn't let a guy in on his legs and creates off that.
Agreed. It gets him in trouble sometimes, like the semis match where he tried a cut back off that shin whizzer and put himself right on his back. Up 5-2 with under a minute to go was probably ill-advised, but the kid constantly puts himself in scramble positions trying to create which bodes well for his future.

Gotcha. We're not all going to agree on everything. Oh. And he's like a 141. It will be 2 years before he hits a college mat, and I've heard he gets into the 40s now.
That doesn't surprise me. But I'm still skeptical of him at 141. I just don't see it, but then again I didn't see Pletcher at 41 and he did pretty OK there as a true frosh.

Agreed. It gets him in trouble sometimes, like the semis match where he tried a cut back off that shin whizzer and put himself right on his back. Up 5-2 with under a minute to go was probably ill-advised, but the kid constantly puts himself in scramble positions trying to create which bodes well for his future.
Yeah, I'd rather he get his wins because he's comfortable in every position than because he's the toughest guy in the room; only the former advantage is something you can build on. If he loses now and then because he's out-muscled, fine.

FWIW - Flo can't use Arena at NHSCA Dual tournament because their software isn't compatible for dual tournaments - Trackwrestling is compatible for duals. Wouldn't be surprised to see NHSCA switch to Track next year for that reason. Also, met Cael in VA Beach this weekend. He signed autographs for about 4 hours at the event on behalf of ASICS. Nice guy.

Reactions: papride1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT