ADVERTISEMENT

Noteworthy Results and Goldfish Games - Week of Jan 3

Purdue-Iowa starting @125.

Schroder vs. Ayala. Scoreless 1st.
Schroder takes bottom, escapes right away. 1-0.
TD Ayala, 1-2. Rides out 2nd.
Ayala takes netral. TD Ayala, 1-4. Stalling 2x, Ayala up 5-1. Rides out 3rd, wins 6-1. Whoa.

Ybarra going @133 (vs Ramos). Ramos wins 11-1.

Filius vs Eierman @141. Eierman up 2-1 after one. Reversed, now down 3-2. Reverses, now up 4-3. Escape, 4-4. Eierman takes bottom to start 3rd.
Escapes, up 5-4, has 1:43 RT. Gets taken down, then released. 6-6 w/ 0:30 left. Filius in on legs but can’t convert, Eierman wins 7-6 on RT.

Kruse vs Murin @149.
Murin up 4-1 after one.
Murin up 7-1 after two.
Murin wins 10-2.

No Coleman @157. Will be Noehre vs Young.
Young up 4-1 after one.
Young up 7-2 after two.
Wins 12-4.

At intermission, it is Iowa 14, Purdue 4.

Lohrey vs Marinelli @165.
Marinelli up 8-3 after one.
Up 16-6 after two.
Wins 22-7.

Aaaaaannnnndddd . . . 9Huis vs Grandpa Mike @174.
Grandpa up 2-1 after one.
Slaps a cradle and then a turk on the young pup, up 13-1 after two.
Another turk to put him down. 17-1 TF.

Lyon vs Assad @184.
Assad up 2-1 after one.
Assad up 4-3 after two.
Wins 6-3.

Penola vs Warner(ov?) @197
zzzzzzzzzzzz…0-0 after one.
WARNER up 1-0 after two. zzzzzzzzz…
Just learned from Shane that Cassioppi hit the iron HARD.
Oh look, a TD. Warner up 3-0. Ends that way.

More in-depth anlaysis of Cassioppi’s body by Shane. Gibbons is impressed with the breakdown. Mike Evans is not.

Woulfe (not to be confused with LoneWolfie) vs Cassioppi @285
Cassioppi with 1st period fall. Woulfe injured, but is able to walk off under own power.

Final score Iowa 36, Purdon’t 4

Last edited:
No moving on with this point. "Tommy likes tough wrestling only when his guys have distinct advantages" is way too much fun to harp on. Tommy wasn't coming because of the ass kicking, snot draining beating his guys were going to have to endure on a prime time broadcast.
What the heck do you think the chances are Tommy travels, unmandated by the BIG10, to State College in the next couple years?
And if Brands did reciprocate that year, it was shaping up to be one of the most embarrassing beat downs Iowa ever experienced, thus the no show.

Ayala takes netral. TD Ayala, 1-4. Stalling 2x, Ayala up 5-1. Rides out 3rd, wins 6-1. Whoa.

Ybarra going @133 (vs Ramos).
PbP of the Iowa dual on the PSU forum? Nice! Iowa-East

Filius vs Eierman @141. Eierman up 2-1 after one. Reversed, now down 3-2. Reverses, now up 4-3. Escape, 4-4. Eierman takes bottom to start 3rd.
Escapes, up 5-4, has 1:43 RT. Gets taken down, then released. 6-6 w/ 0:30 left. Filius in on legs but can’t convert, Eierman wins 7-6 on RT.

Kruse vs Murin @149.
Murin up 4-1 after one.
Murin up 7-1 after two.
Murin wins 10-2.

Young up 4-1 after one.
Young up 7-2 after two.
Wins 12-4.

If anyone didn’t think Ayala was a threat to AA…

Reactions: slushhead

If anyone didn’t think Ayala was a threat to AA…
There can be little doubt that Ayala is a legit AA threat, and good for the Hawks (I hate injury-induced roster holes). Silver lining for PSU in March: a healthy Spencer Lee likely would've beaten Schroder by Fall or TF.

B1G 125 is so nuts lol. suriano a solid favorite but probably 6-7 guys who could take 2nd.

can’t believe deaugustino can still make 125.
Idk, I’m currently leaning Arujau/Glory/Suriano as 1A/1B/1C, then a bunch of guys (e.g., Courtney, Barnett, Hildebrandt, Ayala, Schroder, McKee, etc.) vying for 4-8.

There can be little doubt that Ayala is a legit AA threat, and good for the Hawks (I hate injury-induced roster holes). Silver lining for PSU in March: a healthy Spencer Lee likely would've beaten Schroder by Fall or TF.
Hes definitely legit. I'm glad they pulled his shirt tho.

Reactions: mcpat
Idk, I’m currently leaning Arujau/Glory/Suriano as 1A/1B/1C, then a bunch of guys (e.g., Courtney, Barnett, Hildebrandt, Ayala, Schroder, McKee, etc.) vying for 4-8.
I don’t think all those guys are in the Big Ten.

i was just talking about the big ten. you’re right nationally

I don’t think all those guys are in the Big Ten.
Was that the subject? Lol, my attention is a little divided today.

nevermind-ignore-it.gif

Reactions: mcpat and danoftw

Kruse vs Murin @149.
Murin up 4-1 after one.
Murin up 7-1 after two.
Murin wins 10-2.

Young up 4-1 after one.
Young up 7-2 after two.
Wins 12-4.

Lohrey vs Marinelli @165.
Marinelli up 8-3 after one.
Up 16-6 after two.
Wins 22-7.

Aaaaaannnnndddd . . . 9Huis vs Grandpa Mike @174.
Grandpa up 2-1 after one.
Slaps a cradle and then a turk on the young pup, up 13-1 after two.
Another turk to put him down. 17-1 TF.

Lyon vs Assad @184.

Did anyone notice that when the ref was raising Grandpa"s left hand in the air, he appeard to put the brakes on so the ref did not raise his hand much higher than half way. It is likely nothing, but that is his bad shoulder. It could be that his comfortable range of motion is not much higher.
NOTE: This is pure speculation on my part and my part alone.

I just rewound to see it and you’re right; he does appear to use some downward strength to keep the arm from going up higher. I won’t say it’s because of shoulder pain if it goes higher, but it does make me wonder.

Warner's style is so boring and you think he can lose every match but he basically always gets his hand raised.

Reactions: js8793
Did anyone notice that when the ref was raising Grandpa"s left hand in the air, he appeard to put the brakes on so the ref did not raise his hand much higher than half way. It is likely nothing, but that is his bad shoulder. It could be that his comfortable range of motion is not much higher.
NOTE: This is pure speculation on my part and my part alone.
I noticed the samething during Friday's match. Kem does not like having his left arm raised.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT