ADVERTISEMENT

Noteworthy Results & Goldfish Games — Conference Championships 2023

Henson 4-2 over Arrington 4-2. Nearly rode out the 3rd period, Arrington got an escape with under 5 sec left.

Reactions: jmadden1998
I’m confused. You like the binder? You’re a fan of Larry?
Just pointing out the only championship the Hawks have won since 2010 was won after Larry presented Tom the all important binder. Larry working the pre-portal has been beneficial also, as has having a 125 pounder that you can pencil in 25 to 28 points. The 125 pounder is almost done, you need to keep the guy who recruits other program's athletes as a representative of a small liberal arts college a few miles down the road, and his binder.

Just pointing out the only championship the Hawks have won since 2010 was won after Larry presented Tom the all important binder. Larry working the pre-portal has been beneficial also, as has having a 125 pounder that you can pencil in 25 to 28 points. The 125 pounder is almost done, you need to keep the guy who recruits other program's athletes as a representative of a small liberal arts college a few miles down the road, and his binder.
Sold!

At the ACC tourney, if the ref requests a review, he reviews it himself. If a coach challenges, they have an independent reviewer. Why can’t the Big 10 follow suit? The premier conference for wrestling should get it right.

Reactions: Cambria Lion
O’Connor wins 6-5
Score deceiving -- O'Connor looked really good.

Did period-by-period summary, of course in the wrong thread.

Reactions: jmadden1998
impressive since it was from their feet!
Yeah, I don't think I've seen one from feet since Jamarr Billman's senior finals in Hershey. And Billman did it twice in under 10 sec! (Though that poor guy was completely overwhelmed, to put it mildly.)

Reactions: a_mshaffer
How can Elam make 197? Looks like a decent size HWT.

I checked RPI on wrestlestat… 1 Robb, 2 Levi, 5 Lewan, 6 Coleman.

Hard for me to think Levi is seeded worse than 3.

Haven’t heard Troy Nickerson’s name for awhile. 5x state champ in NY, if memory serves, and a national champ and 4x AA in college.

Nomad is opining that Keckheisen and maybe even Hidlay might jump AB. If the committee does that, I might just have to blow up some porches
Here are the seeding criteria:

Skip to the Selection Process on p. 11:
- Brooks is ineligible for an RPI -- he's forfeiting that category (10%).
- Because he had so few matches, he has a lower Win % (10%) than either.
- He loses Common Opponent (10%) to Keckeisen due to Coleman, and ties Hidlay.
- Brooks has 8 Quality Wins (20%), Keckeisen 7, Hidlay 10. (It's not that easy because NQ opponents are tiered ... still, more is better, and Aaron is playing catch-up vs the other categories.)

Mathematically, Lobdell is probably right.

Guess who doesn't care? Cael and Aaron. He could've wrestled 2 more matches to get an RPI.

Reactions: mcpat
If G beats Franek does that change things? I would think Levi would be 3 for sure if that happens

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT