ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Iowa 2020 Game Thread

Back in the dark years we would have an inept offense but a good defense. Or we would lose but see a few bright spots.

The only bright spot this year is Stout on KOs. A few like Mustipher look decent but that's about it.

DL is bad
LBs are bad
DBs are bad
OL is bad
WRs are bad
RBs aren't very good
WRs don't get separation
QBs not very good
FG and punting not great

Coaches don't help with play calls, clock management, or adjustments.

The only bright spots are some freshmen coming in and making a nice play or two.
Dotson and Washington are bright spots. But yeah, pretty much everything else is awful.

No words to describe this anymore. There are no more words left in a Thesaurus to mean - "hot garbage mess"

Gotta love Keaton Ellis making a TFL on the first play of this drive and then he goes and gets fired up and stomps around. Then he gets flagged for a hold on the next play and gets beat two other times on the drive. Par for the course for this pathetic defense.
Look at me , look at me , look at me !! Pathetic

Reactions: psu00
Gotta love Keaton Ellis making a TFL on the first play of this drive and then he goes and gets fired up and stomps around. Then he gets flagged for a hold on the next play and gets beat two other times on the drive. Par for the course for this pathetic defense.

This is exactly why this team isn't any good. Fix this and the team can start to get better. But I don't see Franklin as the guy to fix it. He's just not that kind of coach.

Reactions: ftlpsu
As a longtime Franklin hater (I smelled out his walking talking bag of BS schtick years ago) I am taking much enjoyment from this game. Thee sooner he is gone, the better.

I don't and won't ever apologize for calling out Fraudklin years ago. I was correct then......time has only affirmed by initial opinions.

I'm looking forward to 0-9 and adios to James.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
not sure I can be of much help.

effort has been pretty good by the players. the execution has been pretty poor.

as for the coaches, with the pandemic, I haven't gotten much inside info this year, so I'm as baffled as most fans. I think the combo of multiple new coaches and a lack of spring ball really hurt. That said, they've had time to overcome those issues as the season progressed, and the results are shocking. There are reports that the staff feels the fans don't fully understand how much the combination of Journey and Caine being out, Micah opting out, and PF dealing with injuries has impacted the team. I think they have a bit of a point, but you have to move past those issues, and figure out a way to make things work with those that are able to play. The short passing game being utilized in today's game is a nice adjustment to the game plan. Alas, the play calling on 3rd and short and on 4th down is dumbfounding.

I do think CJF has earned the right to get a mulligan. That said, it's painful to watch.
He will get a mulligan. I would argue if he deserves it.
I know what his record is and that would be why it's easy to give him a pass.
However I think it's more of eye test on what is going on with the overall direction of the program.

I hate to say it but I’m not sure this team will beat either Rutgers or Michigan State, they’re that bad.

I have to think there is something big going on with this coaching staff that most of us don’t know about. You don’t go from winning eleven games to playing like this otherwise.

Reactions: CoastGuard2018
I’m sure the Nittany Lion’s will turn this around next year. I personally believe the recruiting ideology and mission needs to be tweaked just a bit. Equally important, the strength and conditioning coach needs to be put on notice.

Think it’s time for Franklin to step down. Honestly do. This is completely unacceptable. This cannot all be blamed on Covid/lack of spring ball. I don’t know that we’d beat a good DII school.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
Dotson and Washington are bright spots. But yeah, pretty much everything else is awful.
I don't mean to get down on Dotson but what has he done other than the circus catch against OSU. He doesn't seem to be running away from defenders. I think he and Washington are good prospects but I don't see explosive playmakers anywhere.

Maybe it's the QB situation.

Reactions: JDale83
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT