ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Iowa Game Thread

IF Clifford cannot play second half, give Roberson one or two more series and then if he still looks like he is playing football for the first time in his life, give Veilleux a shot. He just might surprise.

At this point, why not...............

Reactions: tlbakernc
All of a sudden all the Clifford haters want him in the game.
Backup they demanded will settle but can he win if no Clifford.
I've never heard "hate" here on Clifford.

Last season many here just wanted him to play better. That's what fans do in football when their QB becomes a turnover machine.

Clifford's been a new man this season, and a fan favorite.

Roberson can throw the Bubble. Give him some run pass looks. If they blitz, hit the open man. They can't cover everybody and maintain two deep.

Also, our QBs all lead the WR too far. Shorten that throw. Let Dotson have a chance to make the play.

The defense is handling the #3 offense with ease. I’d settle for someone who can get the ball to midfield then punt right now.
Why would we think the third string guy could do that when the second string guy can’t? There’s a reason he’s third string.

I’m going to cut Roberson some slack. He was thrown into a tough situation. If Cliff is out, Roberson will have all of halftime to get on the same page. We get the ball to start the half.

I’m going to cut Roberson some slack. He was thrown into a tough situation. If Cliff is out, Roberson will have all of halftime to get on the same page. We get the ball to start the half.
Let’s hope so. They would definitely have to change the plan for him though I would think?

Problem is Iowa's secondary intercepts everything in the zip code so we are a turnover waiting to happen with these backups.

the coaches should not have had him passing

No, his recruiting sucked at the position and he failed to bring in a competent transfer. That’s on the coach, there is no gym to blame
Not when there isn’t a competent transfer to bring in or one that wants to come.

Not when there isn’t a competent transfer to bring in or one that wants to come.
OU brought in their freshman qb today and he looked like a world beater...ours can't get a clean snap or solid throw in yr 3. Coaching

Reactions: 4INSBU
Question with Roberson is whether it's nerves or talent. We'll find out in the second half

this is the play where the Iowa WR (Jones) hit the pylon with his hand while in the air

I’ve figured it out. O’Neill and crew live in a different universe in which the laws of physics are different than here on earth. That was incontrovertible evidence for most of us that the ball was behind the goal line

Reactions: Nittany_93
Need to find a way to get some first downs, hopefully get a FG and let's ride the D to a victory

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT