ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Memphis Cotton Bowl Game Thread

That play sums up our season: Hamler with a clear zone and slips down on his own short of the marker...

Hammer would have had the 1st, but he slipped. Oh well, Memphis takes over on downs with 17 sec left.

Franklin actually learned how to manage the clock at the end of the game! Hamler not so much.

Kudos to Franklin.

Final, 53-39, PSU

Parsons the Most Outstanding Defensive Player

Brown the Most Outstanding Offensive Player

Nice job, players and and coaches. Our thanks to the seniors that played their last game for PSU.

We Are ...

Cotton Bowl champs

... Penn State!!!

Both players are entirely deserving. Incredible game by both.

1st downs 27-25 Memphis
Total yards 542-529 Memphis
Possession 32:42-27:18 Memphis

Difference in the game was the sack/pick 6. Also the INT near the goal line.

Reactions: 83wuzme and 84Lion
Up by 12 at half and won by 14. That said, Memphis exposed some blatant PSU vulnerabilities on defense.

In the spirit of victory, I won’t dust off, link or bump my previous thread about it being time for Terry Smith to exit the program gracefully. I posted this at mid-season and believe so more strongly after today.

Reactions: ftlpsu and RLSalty
11-2 imagine what these kids could do with some decent coaching.

To say that the coaching is less than decent is a major hyperbolic excess, over emotional or otherwise.
I have no idea how good they are, but certainly have to believe being 11-2 and with 42 wins over 4 seasons, they are likely appreciably better than decent.

Reactions: krichards
Up by 12 at half and won by 14. That said, Memphis exposed some blatant PSU vulnerabilities on defense.

In the spirit of victory, I won’t dust off, link or bump my previous thread about it being time for Terry Smith to exit the program gracefully. I posted this at mid-season and believe so more strongly after today.

If a coach is responsible for how his group plays the assigned defense, would certainly think so.

1st downs 27-25 Memphis
Total yards 542-529 Memphis
Possession 32:42-27:18 Memphis

Difference in the game was the sack/pick 6. Also the INT near the goal line.
Yes. That goaline pick was big. I still think we win even if they get a TD there but you never know as porous as the D was all day.

To say that the coaching is less than decent is a major hyperbolic excess, over emotional or otherwise.
I have no idea how good they are, but certainly have to believe being 11-2 and with 42 wins over 4 seasons, they are likely appreciably better than decent.[/QUOTE
Sarcasm

I have no idea how good they are, but certainly have to believe being 11-2 and with 42 wins over 4 seasons, they are likely appreciably better than decent.

2nd most wins by a senior class ever, right?

Hey! A regular person said the Sutherland letter was racist! Take that, board racists!
It's always in poor taste to publicly call out an individual teenage player. Racist depends on what was in the guys heart. For all we know he would have done the same thing if a white player had hair down below his numbers. Regardless, it's time to let it go. Sutherland did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT