ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Memphis Cotton Bowl Game Thread

We saw some of the same issues we saw all season : holes in the secondary, some assignment confusion on defense, limited options at WR, inconsistent OL pass protection, clock management.
Fortunately, we settled on running the football and had enough great players making great plays that decided the outcome.
The tackling was just putrid. The lay-off has an impact I’m sure.

The defensive criticisms are all about the scheme. We emphasize stopping the run and rushing the passer. When we face a really good passing team that makes quick throws we will always be exposed.

Do we also emphasize DBs taking their eyes off the receivers after they are 30 yards downfield?

I can respect a QB completing a perfect pass, but today it was toss a high arch pass and the receiver runs to it while the DB stares at the QB

I think this game bodes well for the team moving forward. With the hire of KC, and our bevy of RBs, we should be a better offense if we rely more on the running backs, and let Clifford compliment with the occasional QB keep and passing attack. Plus it will keep Clifford healthier and the RBs happier.

Reactions: canuckhal
Is it just me or did Hamler look like he was protecting himself the entire game?
BTW, happy they won. Three 11 win seasons in 4 years is very, very good. Things look bright for next year.

Reactions: canuckhal
Is it just me or did Hamler look like he was protecting himself the entire game?
BTW, happy they won. Three 11 win seasons in 4 years is very, very good. Things look bright for next year.

42 wins in the last 4 years. I would say only Bama, Clemson, OSU and Oklahoma have more. I could be wrong, but the list ain't much longer!

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
It's always in poor taste to publicly call out an individual teenage player. Racist depends on what was in the guys heart. For all we know he would have done the same thing if a white player had hair down below his numbers. Regardless, it's time to let it go. Sutherland did.
You might have a point if he sent the same letter to Trevor Lawrence.

It's always in poor taste to publicly call out an individual teenage player. Racist depends on what was in the guys heart. For all we know he would have done the same thing if a white player had hair down below his numbers. Regardless, it's time to let it go. Sutherland did.

The other letters Sutherland has written confirm what’s in his heart. No reason to keep defending him.

Journey Brown finishes the season at 6.9 YPC. That’s only really exceeded by LJ, KJC and Lenny Moore. He’s a full on beast and added power to the speed in the last couple of games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT