ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Villanova 2021 Game Thread!

Funny thing is I will bet a case of internet beer that the coaching staff is having almost identical discussions after the game. You think they are happy or even ok with the running game?
But they’re coaches, that’s their job. But I’m sure they’re not telling their players, “Well guys, we have no chance to beat OSU, Iowa, or Michigan because our OLine sucks.” Why do so many posters think it’s their job to point out all the negatives week after week? Do they think Franklin is reading posts here and implementing them into his playbook?

If the running game were to suddenly improve, what would our Negative Nellies whine about next?

Every win must be made to feel like a loss- it gets old.

I hope they don’t fix the running game so I don’t have to think about what to complain about next.

• Haha
Reactions: psu skp
But they’re coaches, that’s their job. But I’m sure they’re not telling their players, “Well guys, we have no chance to beat OSU, Iowa, or Michigan because our OLine sucks.” Why do so many posters think it’s their job to point out all the negatives week after week? Do they think Franklin is reading posts here and implementing them into his playbook?
So you never criticized, questioned, or opined about Trump? He was POTUS, it was his job. Or Obama. Or the current guy ......Pres Magoo? Do you think any of them or their staff read the board for advice? Did they tell their staff ‘hey the McAndrew board wants us to do .....’.

That’s all silly talk. People love to talk and opine. And most here are type A personalities. It’s what people do. Deal with it.

It’s a legit concern. Iowa and Ohio State will force us to run. But I seriously doubt we showed everything vs Villanova.

So you never criticized, questioned, or opined about Trump? He was POTUS, it was his job. Or Obama. Or the current guy ......Pres Magoo? Do you think any of them or their staff read the board for advice? Did they tell their staff ‘hey the McAndrew board wants us to do .....’.

That’s all silly talk. People love to talk and opine. And most here are type A personalities. It’s what people do. Deal with it.
People can talk and opine all they want as long as they realize they mostly have no clue what they’re talking about. If the fixes were as easy as posters on here make it out to be, I’m quite sure a group of coaches who do this for a living would figure it out. The Monday morning quarterbacking is what drives me crazy. It’s easy to have all the right answers after the fact and then to judge the coach’s game day coaching abilities on that is ridiculous.

Reactions: PSUTENN1
People can talk and opine all they want as long as they realize they mostly have no clue what they’re talking about. If the fixes were as easy as posters on here make it out to be, I’m quite sure a group of coaches who do this for a living would figure it out. The Monday morning quarterbacking is what drives me crazy. It’s easy to have all the right answers after the fact and then to judge the coach’s game day coaching abilities on that is ridiculous.
This has been going on in sports as long as they have existed. This is what fans do. We're no different here than any other fanbase. So much of it is emotional. Heck, I laugh at myself after games thinking of some of the stupid things I've yelled at the TV.

Last edited:
A month ago we thought we had one of the best rosters of RB's in the country, and now we would take Booker Moore as the starter....:oops: Not to discount the less than stellar run blocking by the OL.......
Sarcasm?? Booker Moore was a first round draft choice.

This has been going on in sports as long as they have existed. This is what fans do. We're no different here than any other fanbase. So much of it is emotional. Heck, I laugh at myself after games thinking of some of the stupid things I've yelled at the TV.
I’m just as emotional as the next guy and we all get upset during games. But so many are just absolutely convinced of their superior football knowledge. I think I’ll go with James Franklin’s coaching over Joe the Drywaller….I know, call me crazy.

Reactions: nits74
I’m just as emotional as the next guy and we all get upset during games. But so many are just absolutely convinced of their superior football knowledge. I think I’ll go with James Franklin’s coaching over Joe the Drywaller….I know, call me crazy.
Funny, and I agree with you. And I'll add, this is also my view with respect to areas outside of sports.

Don’t worry, there would be plenty of leads for you to follow on this board.

True, but I’m in a good place complaining about our running game, plus Franklin and Clifford (i.e., losing Levis).

Ceiling for this team is probably 10-2. Every game is in play the rest of the way out but Illinois.

You wanna feel good after a game like this, but it really pointed out some huge weaknesses,

agree with this. 9-3 would not shock me either

ADVERTISEMENT