ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Villanova 2021 Game Thread!

The people bitching about where Penn State should be ranked next week are the same ones who complain that there shouldn't be any rankings until the middle of October anyhow. None of it matters for another month

If we beat Iowa and Ohio State, we will be no worse than 4th. And if we lose once, we likely will need some help. And if we lose twice, you can watch without stress the rest of the year.

It's all good.

The people bitching about where Penn State should be ranked next week are the same ones who complain that there shouldn't be any rankings until the middle of October anyhow. None of it matters for another month
beat osu, we’re off and running. Lose to osu same old same old 80 yards rushing doesn’t matter at all.

Reactions: PSUEngineer89
The OL stinks but we also don’t have a difference maker at RB. A bunch of solid talent but none of these guys are going to scare anyone or cause extra prep work.
A month ago we thought we had one of the best rosters of RB's in the country, and now we would take Booker Moore as the starter....:oops: Not to discount the less than stellar run blocking by the OL.......

Reactions: wilykyote
Yep...and there's no "fix" for the run game...just don't have the hosses up front. Efner for Wilson didn't seem to help much...guess Traut isn't a magician after all. It's easy to see at least two losses running the gauntlet...Iowa, OSU, UM and MSU. Depending on what MY can pull out of the hat, three in't all that improbable.
I think Lovett should get more touches. For whatever reason he makes the most out of what the OL is opening. Not great, but he seems to at least hit whatever hole is there to avoid losses.

Noah Cain - 1 carry for 2 yards. What's up with that?

Did he miss a block in pass protection?

Noah Cain - 1 carry for 2 yards. What's up with that?

Did he miss a block in pass protection?
Dinged up per Franklin.
I think Lovett should get more touches. For whatever reason he makes the most out of what the OL is opening. Not great, but he seems to at least hit whatever hole is there to avoid losses.
Gee, could it be he played in a similar offensive system at Baylor so he understands how he needs to run? MY offense is not a run first choice. Folks here bemoan our lack of running production and say, “what if we face a better pass coverage team?” We haven’t so far and we have too many weapons at the receiving end for a team to stop all of them. Just look at how we used the TE’s to kill Auburn’s D.
It doesn’t matter to me how we pick up a first down or TD. Just win baby.

If the running game were to suddenly improve, what would our Negative Nellies whine about next?

Every win must be made to feel like a loss- it gets old.
PSU's struggles to run the football are a very legitimate concern. Clifford and the WRs have been a bright spot. The secondary might be one of the best ever at PSU. The LBs have been solid. The DL has been surprisingly good. Stout has been great on KOs and punts but the verdict is still out on FGs.

It's early but PSU looks like a good team. Will they win the BiG and finally make playoff team? After all that's what we've been waiting for. Probably not unless they find a way to run the football. I don't know why people criticize those who point this out.

PSU's struggles to run the football are a very legitimate concern. Clifford and the WRs have been a bright spot. The secondary might be one of the best ever at PSU. The LBs have been solid. The DL has been surprisingly good. Stout has been great on KOs and punts but the verdict is still out on FGs.

It's early but PSU looks like a good team. Will they win the BiG and finally make playoff team? After all that's what we've been waiting for. Probably not unless they find a way to run the football. I don't know why people criticize those who point this out.
It’s not those that point it out, it’s those that harp on one negative thing after another non stop. It’s like they can’t enjoy a win, they can only criticize. Oklahoma couldn’t run for sh!t last night and couldn’t pass very well either but they won and they’re still in the playoff hunt. Every team has strengths and weaknesses. We have a lot of “fans” that should root for Bama because that’s what they expect.

Reactions: Nitt1300
Dinged up per Franklin.

Gee, could it be he played in a similar offensive system at Baylor so he understands how he needs to run? MY offense is not a run first choice. Folks here bemoan our lack of running production and say, “what if we face a better pass coverage team?” We haven’t so far and we have too many weapons at the receiving end for a team to stop all of them. Just look at how we used the TE’s to kill Auburn’s D.
It doesn’t matter to me how we pick up a first down or TD. Just win baby.
These are excellent points, but regardless of their offensive design, 3rd & 1 vs a 1AA team should be a gimme, and it’s not.

Reactions: PSUTENN1 and ftlpsu
It’s not those that point it out, it’s those that harp on one negative thing after another non stop. It’s like they can’t enjoy a win, they can only criticize. Oklahoma couldn’t run for sh!t last night and couldn’t pass very well either but they won and they’re still in the playoff hunt. Every team has strengths and weaknesses. We have a lot of “fans” that should root for Bama because that’s what they expect.
Funny thing is I will bet a case of internet beer that the coaching staff is having almost identical discussions after the game. You think they are happy or even ok with the running game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT